Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 258578 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1020 on: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 19:49:15 »

Nah my sauces are on the money - about £1 a bottle aren't they :>)
Well, I'd agree your sauces are Iffy, but now you're changing your mind and saying it's Money?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #1021 on: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 20:30:05 »

Got to be Ling or Money going by the comments in the adver.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #1022 on: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 20:44:18 »

Pretty sure it is Ling. If you have a flick through the Orient forum they think the same
http://leytonorient2.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=1

Ling wont rule out moving to Swindon, Their chairman wont give him a new contract until January. O's fans don't want him to go although they say we are a bigger club with more money than them. Ling has also said if Swindon approach him he will talk and as he only has 7 months left on his contract he has to take care of himself.

A quote from an Orient fan "I'd like to wish you (and Boydy and Tam, I've heard about that too) all the best at Swindon. I'm certain you'll soon be managing in the Championship, where you deserve to be and where you'd never have reached with Orient. All the very best."
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 20:45:54 by STFC_Gazza » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1023 on: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 20:47:08 »

I've said it once and I'll say it again. If Fitton gives ling the job then it is only to keep the fans happy. He is not the right man to take STFC forward.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #1024 on: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 20:47:42 »

Reading that Orient forum they have more about us than they do about them (not really but they are really that worried about losing Lingy)

Must say I have warmed to Ling a bit but more to Richard Money who did a good job at Walsall. They love the guy there and were gutted when he left.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1025 on: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 20:55:00 »

If Ling does take over one of his first games in charge will be Orient at their gaff.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #1026 on: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 21:09:22 »

I've said it once and I'll say it again. If Fitton gives ling the job then it is only to keep the fans happy. He is not the right man to take STFC forward.
I agree sippo would love him back but not as manager
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1027 on: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 21:18:43 »

Hmm.. I really doubt Fitton would go through all this, and have all these discussions with different managers and secret interviews where the main questions would be:

"Do you like Swindon fans?" and "Do you think you'll make them happy and why?"

Just seems like another completely ridiculous theory thrown into the hat for no reason.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1028 on: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 21:31:52 »

Quote from: Lingy
"It's all paper talk really. Swindon Town haven't been in contact with Leyton Orient and they haven't been in contact with me.

"There is no truth in the rumours. Where they are coming from I do not know, they aren't coming from my end that's for sure.

"If they have an interest in Martin Ling, approach the football club and then we'll have to answer the question."

No doubt about it, he's coming then.

Why does he refer to himself in the 3rd person?
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #1029 on: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 21:38:42 »

I'd be delighted with 'Dickie Dosh'. Would be a quality appointment IMO, he'd take us forward.
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #1030 on: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 21:40:20 »

Just dished some info about him:

He has a full UEFA Pro Licence on his CV, plus an Academy director’s licence.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1031 on: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 21:47:45 »

Did we know this article existed?

Leyton Orient manager Martin Ling has encouraged the club to renew his contract after rumours linking him to the vacancy at Swindon Town.

Ling, 42, told BBC London 94.9: "I have seven months left on my contract.

"My job is here at this football club. They tell me I'm doing a good job but I also have to protect my own back.

"If they have an interest in keeping. me, they should offer me a contract to keep me here longer. If they don't, then I have to look after my own back."

London-born Ling is the sixth longest serving manager of a league club in England as of July this year.

He was appointed manager at the club in 2003 after a spell as caretaker manager.

But despite speculation Ling says at this stage there is no truth in the rumours.

"It's all paper talk really. Swindon Town haven't been in contact with Leyton Orient and they haven't been in contact with me.

"There is no truth in the rumours. Where they are coming from I do not know, they aren't coming from my end that's for sure.

"If they have an interest in Martin Ling, approach the football club and then we'll have to answer the question."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leyton_orient/7777916.stm

Ignore
« Reply #1032 on: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 21:51:01 »

batch did
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #1033 on: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 21:58:32 »

listen to the interview if its the same article I am thinking of. He pretty much says give me a new contract but if you dont and Stfc come in, I'm taking care of myself.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #1034 on: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 22:02:33 »

a couple of points ;

a) Ling was rejected allegedly last time because of his mindset about bringing the youth through, which is one of Fitton's main aims. Is he now singing from a different hymn sheet ?

b) If I had only seven months left on my contract I too would certainly be using all the talk to gain leverage in a "sign me or lose me" scenario. Perhaps the guy is being very astute and using all the speculation to his own ends.

Just a thought like
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 125   Go Up
Print
Jump to: