Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 258472 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 18:24:13 »

He hit on Coppell almost by accident...we'd offered Coppell the job but he could see STFC was a basket case so turned it down.
Coppell couldn't have come cheap though surely?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #211 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 18:26:11 »

Coppell couldn't have come cheap though surely?

He was at Brentford and Brighton prior to Reading, he wasn't on mega bucks at either of those.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 18:28:04 »

In a way that is the most impressive thing about this story - the lack of leaks. When Holloway or Bothroyd turn up for an interview anywhere else it makes Sky Sports. With Fitton no one really knows who is even on the list.

I know the Adver don't bother chasing stories and don't have any sources seemingly anymore, prefering to just call bookies - it would make the new patron saint of journalism Gus Haynes spin in his fictional grave.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 18:28:38 »

VC said Ward was favourite last week....bookies are crooks,i dont know of anyone putting £10,000 on ward do you....its a way of getting others to do put money on as well.
Someone else will be favourite on monday....probably after Mr Fitton has told his gardener whos getting the job!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 18:30:01 »

I can't believe it will be Ling. God I hope not. I wasn't keen first time around when we ended up taking Malpas. A lot of people were wetting their knickers over Ling and I just could not see the attraction.

Oh well, if Victor Chandler say he's the favourite.....

Think the attraction of Ling is that he is a disciple of Saint Glenda..we could look forward to some attempt at sexy football....as a Wembley hero, he could tap into some goodwill, which MM wasn't able to.

He also knows how to work on a limited budget.... and as a low key figure isn't so likely to jump ship at the earliest opportunity.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 18:35:13 »

Just another Monday morning at the Swindon Advertiser Cool
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 18:35:42 »

Think the attraction of Ling is that he is a disciple of Saint Glenda..we could look forward to some attempt at sexy football....as a Wembley hero, he could tap into some goodwill, which MM wasn't able to.

He also knows how to work on a limited budget.... and as a low key figure isn't so likely to jump ship at the earliest opportunity.
Not Ling PLEASE!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 18:40:12 »

He was at Brentford and Brighton prior to Reading, he wasn't on mega bucks at either of those.

Exactly, which is why he was scuffing around the CG doing a bit for Kingy.

After Man City, I think the perception was that Coppell wasn't a man for the pressure of a  big club...OK though in L1 etc.

It's difficult to know the impact that Nicky Hammond has at Reading.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 18:55:33 »

I heard some pundit saying that MM was probably the first manager to go for losing in the JPT.

Getting beaten in the FA cup by a village team, while going down without any real fight, and making Iffy Onoura look good based on league performance, might also had something to do with it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 18:59:46 »

Getting beaten in the FA cup by a village team, while going down without any real fight, and making Iffy Onoura look good based on league performance, might also had something to do with it.
I suppose the suggestion is that the JPT defeat was the catalyst for him going. I don't actually think it was. I reckon He was 'dead man walking' after Histon. And rightly so.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 19:06:01 »

I suppose the suggestion is that the JPT defeat was the catalyst for him going. I don't actually think it was. I reckon He was 'dead man walking' after Histon. And rightly so.

Had we scraped through Brighton, I'm sure MM would have gone on.

Clearly AF had no one tapped up ready to step in.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 19:06:24 »

I agree that AF was bound to get this reaction by his statement, just not sure whether he meant to.

So, Reg. Going back to this old chestnut:

"There are a couple of names in there that would really surprise people. In fact, they would blow them away I think."

What's your take on this? Is Fitton yanking our collective chain? This is suggesting that he's prepared to splash some cash doesn't it? That is if he is considering said names. If he is not considering them, then why mention them?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #222 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 19:24:27 »

Is Ling's contract up at the end of the season? If not, I'd have thought he wasn't a cheap option.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 19:46:33 »

So, Reg. Going back to this old chestnut:

"There are a couple of names in there that would really surprise people. In fact, they would blow them away I think."

What's your take on this? Is Fitton yanking our collective chain? This is suggesting that he's prepared to splash some cash doesn't it? That is if he is considering said names. If he is not considering them, then why mention them?

I think he's just giving us something to chew on...we haven't had much excitement a sa Town fan for many a long day.
sonic youth

« Reply #224 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 20:09:07 »

it'll be pearce. i'm ignoring your devil's advocate nonsense reg Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 125   Go Up
Print
Jump to: