Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 258476 times)
Dazzza

« Reply #150 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 12:08:59 »

Dazza, Re: EU employment law, I dont think this rule would break the law, as it applies to a a yoof of any nationality, not just english.  So for example if for whatever reason we had a 16 year old german on our books, he would still count towards the 4 "home grown players"

I also disagree about it making the league more of a feeder for the PL, surely if clubs need to field 4 "home grown" players then they are going to be less likley to sell promising youngsters unless they really really need the money (like us with Tozer and Lukas).  Under this change of rules selling a talented 18 year old will have a greater impact as you would be basically pretty much obliged to have him at least on the bench.

Fairly snuff agree to disagree and all that banjo.  

I think it looks likely to be booted out by the clubs anyway.  From their perspective if a club like Town want to develop home grown youth they don’t need to have restrictions imposed on their first team to do so and I think it’s some of Whinney’s comments that for me point to the scheme being of benefit to the national side and Premier league.  Plus they’re trying to “gently gently” sneak it in the back door of the Premiership  at the same time.

Plus if you rumble in your Paddys, Scotch, Welsh who I presume wouldn’t qualify combined with a small squad then it could create a couple of sides a headache with injuries and suspensions  that there’s really no need for.  

A club should always play its best side whether it’s Hungarian, Guatemalan or English.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 12:11:51 »

A club should always play its best side whether it's Hungarian, Guatemalan or English.

Completely agree, as long as they're not protestants!!
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 12:13:03 »

But thats the point dazza, paddys, welsh, Uzbekestanis etc, would qualify as long as they had been on the clubs books for more than 3 years before the age of 21
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 12:24:13 »

Agreed I think Pearce is edging up my wishlist.  But, and it's a big but the U-21's still bugs me.  What would go on at the CG on the build up to internationals?  Maybe we could host an u-21 or two?

I think Pearce being the successful and respected coach of England's Under-21s would put us in a very nice position when it comes to picking up young Premier League talent on loan though, so it has an up side. Plus, of course, he has Capello's ear should he need a bit of advice.

I bet he hasn't even applied.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 13:09:57 »

I think the mention of Pearce is getting everyones hopes up which will leave us dissapointed with who we actually appoint and we wont back them from day and we'll be exactly where we were this time last yearish...
sonic youth

« Reply #155 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 13:16:05 »

I mean one who doesnt piss off fans like malpas did from day one! Wise had all fans on side
what did malpas do to piss off the fans?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 13:16:39 »

Exist?
spacey

« Reply #157 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 13:18:19 »

Exist?

Crikey! He really was up against it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 13:19:47 »

I think the mention of Pearce is getting everyones hopes up which will leave us dissapointed with who we actually appoint and we wont back them from day and we'll be exactly where we were this time last yearish...

You are probably right, though no appointment is going to be universally popular I guess.

But please not Sanchez, Ling, CC, etc, etc Smiley
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 13:21:51 »

Crikey! He really was up against it.

Unfortunately so. I actually quite liked Malpas, he wasn't a great manager but he gave us some of the biggest wins we've seen / are like to see for a while.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #160 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 13:21:59 »

You are probably right, though no appointment is going to be universally popular I guess.

But please not Sanchez, Ling, CC, etc, etc Smiley

100% correct Batch.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 13:42:12 »

Fucking hell cant even make a comment on here can you.  I woudl say half teh fans said malpas who? we expected a name after wise and sturrock etc and didnt get it

fatbury

« Reply #162 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 13:48:37 »

From that list here are my top REALISTIC 4
(in NO particular order)

Ian Holloway
Martin Keown
Nigel Clough
Billy Davies

I discounted the likes of Poyet, Wise, Pearce etc as being unrealistic
flammableBen

« Reply #163 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 13:49:43 »

Fucking hell cant even make a comment on here can you.

What do you mean?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 13:49:56 »

Fucking hell cant even make a comment on here can you.  I woudl say half teh fans said malpas who? we expected a name after wise and sturrock etc and didnt get it

Which says alot more about our fans than it does Malpas.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 125   Go Up
Print
Jump to: