Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 132   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 160442 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:38:02 »

Is there anyone decent in Scotland? Used to be a thing, them coming down here.
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:47:40 »

Is Sol Campbell available?

Mock ye not!

I actually think Sol Campbell could do a decent job as manager if he could find a club that wouldn't pull the financial rug from under his feet within weeks of his arrival. I fear no-one will take a chance on him though.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:51:20 »

We were linked a few years back to Paul Hartley, he had a good record in Scotland with Alloa, Dundee, Cove and Falkirk.

He was appointed manager at Hartlepool in the Summer, lasted 11 games with just 1 win at Pools.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:56:40 »

We were linked a few years back to Paul Hartley, he had a good record in Scotland with Alloa, Dundee, Cove and Falkirk.

He was appointed manager at Hartlepool in the Summer, lasted 11 games with just 1 win at Pools.

Was chatting to some Pools fans when I was up there for our game and he was not liked. Filled the team with Scottish dross.
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:57:03 »

It certainly did used to be a thing, just as nearly every successful team would have a number of Scottish players in their ranks.

Unless I'm mistaken there are only two Scottish managers in Leagues One and Two combined, the delightful couple of Derek Adams and Steve Evans; imagine being stuck in a lift with those two.

As for managers currently plying their trade North of the border there's no-one who stands out. Jack Ross came South with his reputation high and returned North with it somewhat tattered, and it's in ribbons now. Why he's had to take a job at newcastle  looking after their youngsters.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:59:09 »

He was gash at Hartlepool, even worse than Morris was here. In that he was also allowed to build a new squad over the summer and sacked after 1 win in 11 games with that new squad (who dropped out of the league at the end of the season), on that basis its a no from me.  
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 16:01:14 by horlock07 » Logged
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 16:01:35 »

He was gash at Hartlepool, even worse than Morris was here. In that he was allowed to build a new squad over the summer and sacked after 11 games, on that basis its a no from me.  

There is little doubt that it was the disastrous appointment of Hartley that led in the end to Pools' relegation. Yes there was a lot of the season left when he was sacked but the damage was done, particularly in his terrible summer transfer dealings.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 16:57:29 »

Anyone know anything about Grant McCann? Over 40% career win record. Available.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 16:58:46 »

Good shout but probably waiting for the Peterborough job again....😀

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 17:01:47 »

He was someone I thought about when trying to think of out of work managers. He's never managed below league 1 level I think. Bit of a mixed bag but wouldn't be suicidal if he turned up a the CG.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 17:02:35 »

He was someone I thought about when trying to think of out of work managers. He's never managed below league 1 level I think. Bit of a mixed bag but wouldn't be suicidal if he turned up a the CG.

I was scanning past L1 and L2 managers of the year and there he was.

EDIT - Played a few years at Cheltenham so a small West Country link.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 17:04:52 by Mooneyraker » Logged
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 18:35:23 »

Good shout but probably waiting for the Peterborough job again....😀

I think he'd avoid going back for a third time to the only club where he's not done a decent job.

..never go back.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 18:43:18 »

Jim Gannon. As Manager, Alan Lord to come with him as DoF/Consultant.

It's probably what Town could afford. No doubt everyone else mentioned so far would cost too much for a club so skint or unwilling to pay the going rate as STFC currently are.

On a semi serious note, Gannon has always been good at getting a tune out of kids and instilling belief. Has always liked to play the game in a fair way too. He's no doubt done in Pro Footy Management now but that wouldn't stop STFC going cheap yet experienced.

"He has a very very good tactical sense, he is a great motivator of players, he works particularly well with young players and brings them on...and he has boundless enthusiasm".

He'd also be relatively cheap to get rid of when he eventually falls out with Chairman/Captain/Assistant etc but at least he will have probably developed several young players into saleable assets.

Alan Lord [hopefully not the ex-con but the footy consultant variety] in as DoF. Knowing Town, they would also roll out an embalmed Danny Bergara in a ''buy two get a third free'' deal; announcing them as part of a triple swoop. Being honest, Bergara [deceased] aside, something like a ''Lord and Gannon'' would give a millions better outlook/prospect than the complete clusterfuck that has unravelled this season - especially if Town/Clem do still want to follow 'the model' somewhat.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 20:09:39 »

https://www.herefordfc.co.uk/interview-caddis-first-interview/

Caddis first interview at Hereford. Great answer to what style he wants to play.

Skip to 4:10 and give it a listen.

"I'm not a big huge fan of centre halves touching the ball 300 times. I don't like it."

He was desperate to come and manage here. Would have been proud to do so. Loves the club, knew the League, knew some of the players, had done some coaching with the younger players.

I do wonder if we missed a trick. Morris was a right misery guts and his body language suggested his tenure was borderline community service for him. Cadds would have be quite the opposite. A gamble, but a feelgood one.

And no, I'm not Hanners in disguise, as I know he bangs on about it!

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 20:13:07 »

https://www.herefordfc.co.uk/interview-caddis-first-interview/

Caddis first interview at Hereford. Great answer to what style he wants to play.

Skip to 4:10 and give it a listen.

"I'm not a big huge fan of centre halves touching the ball 300 times. I don't like it."

He was desperate to come and manage here. Would have been proud to do so. Loves the club, knew the League, knew some of the players, had done some coaching with the younger players.

I do wonder if we missed a trick. Morris was a right misery guts and his body language suggested his tenure was borderline community service for him. Cadds would have be quite the opposite. A gamble, but a feelgood one.

And no, I'm not Hanners in disguise, as I know he bangs on about it!

Released Miles Storey and Luke Haines already!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 132   Go Up
Print
Jump to: