Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When does pre season training start?  (Read 2075 times)
glos_robin

« on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 14:46:18 »

Haven't heard any news on when this begins yet and with a friendly on the 16th I suprised we haven't started yet. We usually have the players back the last week of June but all seems different this season, admittedly there isn't exactly a lot of players to attend at present but streange none the less
sonic youth

« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 14:47:38 »

it's usually the first week of july i think. so that'll be today.
glos_robin

« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 14:48:21 »

On another forum someone said the 9th which would strike me as ridiculously late
mattboyslim

« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 14:49:26 »

The 9th rings a bell with me too, agreed it was always running in the lawns on or around july 1st.
glos_robin

« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 14:50:52 »

We've got a friendly on the 16th, all seems a little cramped but hey what do I know...
sonic youth

« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 14:51:36 »

the season starts a week later this year as well don't forget

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 14:52:19 »

they should be back in this week i would have thought.bristol shitty were back today
glos_robin

« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 14:54:54 »

Official site says the 9th, hmmmmmm does concern me a bit but I'm sure Sturrock knows what he's doing

Wise had them in last week of June last season as I thought, would have liked to see that again as it certainly did the trick last season. What worries me is that the first week tends to be fitness work and not to bother touching footballs. But with a friend on the 16th there might be a temptation to rush things and do some ball work etc prior to that first friendly.
swindontownforever

« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 14:57:49 »

it starts wednesday 4th, well the youth team does anyway
glos_robin

« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 14:59:37 »

Quote from: "swindontownforever"
it starts wednesday 4th, well the youth team does anyway

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Gallery/0,,10341~1062137,00.html

Definately the 9th for the 1st team
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 15:39:25 »

Yeh its def the 9th

Come on YOU REDS!
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 15:41:00 »

so it's on the 9th?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 15:41:03 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
the season starts a week later this year as well don't forget

ah,forgot that.makes sense
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 15:46:30 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
Official site says the 9th, hmmmmmm does concern me a bit but I'm sure Sturrock knows what he's doing

Wise had them in last week of June last season as I thought, would have liked to see that again as it certainly did the trick last season. What worries me is that the first week tends to be fitness work and not to bother touching footballs. But with a friend on the 16th there might be a temptation to rush things and do some ball work etc prior to that first friendly.

We should try and get Sturrock to come on here and get some tips on being a Football Manager Cheesy

It's All Good..............
glos_robin

« Reply #14 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 15:55:22 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Quote from: "glos_robin"

We should try and get Sturrock to come on here and get some tips on being a Football Manager Cheesy

I guess I just get concerned too easily after Kings disasterous pre-season 2 years ago where the players started the season so unfit it was shocking  Soapy Tit Wank
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: