Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC V STFC - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 43121 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 22:23:37 »

Timlin is not good enough, spat or no spat. If he had gone to Southend last year not one person would be now saying, "oh how I wish Timlin was here".

So much shit being thrown about and so much time to go.

Manks is a different story, proven league one player who should be given a shout.

Last year I was praying that Timlin would get a game ahead of Douglas and Prutton....
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 22:27:51 »

I was praying anyone would get a game ahead of Prutton to be fair.
Dozno9

« Reply #392 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 22:29:58 »

Last year I was praying that Timlin would get a game ahead of Douglas and Prutton....

Pook came across my mind once or twice.
Spencer_White

« Reply #393 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 22:33:06 »

Yesterday was not a player selection problem. It was a good starting XI.

Di Canio fucked their heads up at half time and made a load of bad substitutions.
Dozno9

« Reply #394 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 22:39:01 »

Were they then bad subs because the players who came on were poor?

I didn't go so I don't know if the team turned to shit before the subs or not.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 22:45:39 »

Di Canio fucked their heads up at half time

Is this any more than just putting the quotes from Di Canio saying he wasn't happy at 1-0 with the second half performance.

Hope you don't have more specific information to be honest.
Spencer_White

« Reply #396 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 07:01:09 »

Hope you don't have more specific information to be honest.

We got a call after the game. But to anyone who was there, it does make sense. The two halves were night and day.

I think after the non stop battering we gave City, Di Canio expected something simmilar saturday. At half time we were the better team, but not dominating.

To be honest, I think he is starting to lose it. Id be wary of writing him off, but he needs some points very soon.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 29, 2011, 07:06:45 by Spencer_White » Logged
corner

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 07:07:58 »

To be honest, I think he is starting to lose it, and I can see him walking if we dont win saturday.
are you serious? he won't walk he has to turn it around otherwise he has no future as a manager.
Spencer_White

« Reply #398 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 07:11:38 »

are you serious? he won't walk he has to turn it around otherwise he has no future as a manager.

Long term thinking isnt really his strong point. Its all about the here and now.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 07:59:34 »

Long term thinking isnt really his strong point. Its all about the here and now.

And you know that how?
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 08:19:01 »

Were they then bad subs because the players who came on were poor?

I didn't go so I don't know if the team turned to shit before the subs or not.

Not read through the whole thread so don't know what has been said before, other than the obvious!
However, I don't think that saying they were bad subs really sums it up.

My opinion is that Magera was very disappointingly poor.  I'm sure like most people I had great hopes when hearing of his signing but he did absolutely nothing of note on Saturday other than a rash challenge that the Shrews fans though deserving of a red card.  I can understand the substutution as presumably PDC sees him and Leon as his first choice strike force so wanted to give them a good run-out together (but had started with DeVita as Magera not yet ready for 90 mins).  This happened after only about 5 mins of the 2nd half but Shrews had already started much more lively than in the first half and were putting us under pressure so I wouldn't pin the collapse on this.

The other subs I could see where PDC was coming from and I thought it was refreshing to have a Town manager change things around when they clearly weren't going well in contrast to Wilson & Hart.
Taking Ferry off for McCormack was to steel things up in midfield where we were getting overrun - I thought a good idea; it didn't work but that wasn't due to McCormack being crap.
Finally, Esajas for Clarke - we weren't getting any service to our 2 up front so 2 out and out wingers and another body in the centre made some sense but we just didn't manage to hit these wingers with any decent balls and they were both anonymous in the second half.

Overall, I'd say the substitutions weren't particularly relevant to the shit performance in the second half.  The whole team constantly gave away possession and were slow to chase down the Shrews team who seemed to want it more throughout that half.
the washbag

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 08:24:48 »

To complete our analysis of the Shrewsbury game we've got an opposition supporter view on the match:

Opposition view: http://thewashbag.com/2011/08/29/swindon-at-shrewsbury-the-opposition-view/

Match report: http://thewashbag.com/2011/08/28/swindon-at-shrewsbury-town-self-destruct-to-a-2-1-defeat/

Spencer_White

« Reply #402 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 08:47:25 »

And you know that how?

I dont know it, its my opinion (remmember this is a fans forum for fans opinions?). Reading his autobiography. Its all about live in the moment. Thats what the whole Roman Salute thing was about, it was just something he felt like doing at the time, so he did it (not in the autobiography BTW). Didnt care to think what long term consequences would be.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 29, 2011, 08:49:13 by Spencer_White » Logged
Dozno9

« Reply #403 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 09:01:37 »

Thanks cheltred69.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 09:52:49 »

Just been catching up after an almost non-internet weekend.

This thread is fun!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: