Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town statement on takeover and managerial situation  (Read 32054 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:15:48 »

I'd have him back in a heartbeat.  For all his flaws he was the best since Hoddle and gave us many special moments.

It's All Good..............
nochee

« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:19:57 »

I'd have him back in a heartbeat.  For all his flaws he was the best since Hoddle and gave us many special moments.
Most of us would
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:29:28 by nochee » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:20:48 »

I'd have him back in a heartbeat.  For all his flaws he was the best since Hoddle and gave us many special moments.

Absolutely.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:24:29 »

This, many times over. I find it phenomenal how many people now only have bad things to say about him, the same people who 3-4 weeks over would have backed him to the hilt in anything that he did. Sure he had his flaws, some which unfortunately he didn't seem to notice himself, but this was part of the beauty of the man. If at any point somebody had tried to change his traits they would have been robbing him of the assets that made him what he is in the 1st place. Some people have very short memories and would do well to wait and listen to all angles of the reasons for his departure before passing judgement. In my mind he must have been getting royally fucked over behind the scenes considering that loyalty is such a huge part of his personality. That of course is just my opinion and may be disproved a couple of weeks down the line but my underlying belief is that we have lost one of a kind who has given me my most enjoyable moments in my near 20 years of watching the Town.  

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:27:13 »

who has given me my most enjoyable moments in my near 20 years of watching the Town.   

Whilst Paolo has given me many many great memories, Danny Wilson/Danny Ward/Stephen Derby gave me mine. Paolo could have eclipsed it, had he stayed.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:27:36 »

He'd owe the fans a big apology if he came back. If he did, I would forgive him.

For now, he's a cunt.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:34:03 »

Oh joy. Our new commander in chief is on twitter celebrating being out on the lash.

Am I the only one who finds it cringeworthy?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:34:24 »

No man is bigger than our club. Thanks for everything Paolo, you gave me many happy memories but like an ex girlfriend, it's over, we move on and don't look back.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:35:00 »

Just noticed I need to change my avatar !
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:38:28 »

Oh joy. Our new commander in chief is on twitter celebrating being out on the lash.

Probably not. You could just unfollow him though.

Hopefully he's just received some good news and treating himself to a pint or two. He does have a life, nobody seemed to mind when Paolo went to restaurants and the such.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:40:39 »

This, many times over. I find it phenomenal how many people now only have bad things to say about him, the same people who 3-4 weeks over would have backed him to the hilt in anything that he did. Sure he had his flaws, some which unfortunately he didn't seem to notice himself, but this was part of the beauty of the man. If at any point somebody had tried to change his traits they would have been robbing him of the assets that made him what he is in the 1st place. Some people have very short memories and would do well to wait and listen to all angles of the reasons for his departure before passing judgement. In my mind he must have been getting royally fucked over behind the scenes considering that loyalty is such a huge part of his personality. That of course is just my opinion and may be disproved a couple of weeks down the line but my underlying belief is that we have lost one of a kind who has given me my most enjoyable moments in my near 20 years of watching the Town.   

All totally irrelevant now, apart from the enjoyable moments. Hang on to those.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:40:57 »

I find some irony that Paolo waited until Monday 5pm for the takeover to complete and then resigned. It appears the delay was due to loan fees on Giles Coke who was one of Paolo's duff loan signings who didn't fit into Paolo's methods. We bombed him back to Wednesday because of his injury and Paolo kicked off about his fitness. Had that been sorted at the time or we kept him then the takeover goes through and Paolo still might be here!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:45:51 »

Obviously has something big to celebrate, what's wrong with that? Were your relations on the Mayflower?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:50:15 »

Probably not. You could just unfollow him though.

Hopefully he's just received some good news and treating himself to a pint or two. He does have a life, nobody seemed to mind when Paolo went to restaurants and the such.

I follow him in the vain hope that they'll be some concrete news. The undeniable point is that this man's public image now matters. He will be representing Swindon Town and as supporters, we have a vested interest in the club being taken seriously. The image he creates for himself is not professional and not in the best interests of the club.
nochee

« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:52:15 »

I follow him in the vain hope that they'll be some concrete news. The undeniable point is that this man's public image now matters. He will be representing Swindon Town and as supporters, we have a vested interest in the club being taken seriously. The image he creates for himself is not professional and not in the best interests of the club.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: