Pages: 1 ... 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 ... 340   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Who's snuffed it now?'  (Read 1380735 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4740 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 12:53:55 »

RIP and my thoughts to those that knew him.

And LL - sorry I missed your loss also.

I do castigate Facebook at times but I found out through it that someone who used to be in a few of my classes in School up in Scotland passed away recently. We weren't exactly mates as such, but for someone that has just turned 44, it's still not really much of an age.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 19, 2023, 12:56:09 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4741 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 13:12:06 »

RIP and my thoughts to those that knew him.

And LL - sorry I missed your loss also.

I do castigate Facebook at times but I found out through it that someone who used to be in a few of my classes in School up in Scotland passed away recently. We weren't exactly mates as such, but for someone that has just turned 44, it's still not really much of an age.

This.

Sadly the exciting days of engagement parties, weddings, christenings and such make way for the unpleasant side of life, which is death and the funerals come thick and fast the older you get.

Sorry hear BO.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #4742 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 14:14:45 »

Christ some of you on here have certainly had it shit lately, especially JJ & LL, commiserations to you both. Got a funeral later this week.  Gang of Four of us used to scive school and fuck about in class together. Now at 67 I’m the only one left.  Obviously getting old, hear about another one every week. Enjoy it while you can, never know who’s next (thank fuck).

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #4743 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 14:17:49 »

Sorry for your loss LL its been a fucking shite couple of weeks.

The wife lost her cousin, to cancer 2 weeks ago, the first of her cousins to pass away.

And then my best mate lost his father in law yesterday after a long illness, yes on fathers day ironically.

Another of my oldest mates lost his younger sister, who I used to be close to - to sepsis and heart failure last Monday aged just 49 after just 2 days in hospital after going to the dcs with shoulder pain.

Another of my oldest mates lost his wife from liver cancer after she was in remission from breast cancer, a mutual mate of several on here such as Flash, she was just 59, that was the day after my mate lose his sister.

And to top it off my sister in law who I am very close to, has been having intensive tests this week for cancer as well.

And my wifes oldest friend fell through a roof 2 weeks ago at their French house and is now a paraplegic.

It never rains as they say.
Puts it all into perspective, yet we still come on here moaning !!  chin up JJ.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #4744 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 14:20:55 »

Ok, well, I’ve known for a year that this was coming and although she passed away two weeks ago peacefully surrounded by her family it hit me harder than I thought it would and I couldn’t bare to post until now.

My dear Skool friend who lost her her battle with brain cancer. I have been privileged to not only know this wonderful, wonderful lady from our first day in primary Skool back in ‘65 but also be one of two or three people outside her immediate family to know of her condition. It was on a need to know basis and a gentleman doesn’t kiss and tell.

I thought about all the glowing and heartfelt cliches that come with the passing of an individual but this woman fitted into most of if not all of them.

Her husband used to ‘loan’ her out to me (all kosher I promise you) and we’d go out on the piss in old town, down town sometimes with other Skool friends or out for the day in the summer having picnics, alas all memories now.

Galvanises my own thoughts about the balance of the rest of my life of which I have no control over of course. Anyway we’ll be seeing her off next week and as each day ticks off I’m being consumed by a cloud which grows ever darker. I can’t begin to feel how her husband, children and grand children must be feeling.

The ironic thing is we went to the Swan at Radcot for lunch and a small walk as she had something important to tell me! It was one day out one year ago to the day that she passed away and I took some lovely pictures of her and us, by Christ I’m glad that i did.
Well done mate,  there are still a few on here with feelings, sure she appreciated all you did for her. Sorry for the loss.

Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #4745 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 14:48:06 »

Listen chaps we all have our opinions of everyone on here and I guess they’re all pretty wayward but I’d like to thank you all for your good wishes and sentiment.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4746 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 14:49:00 »

Just caught up and naturally send my condolences L-L
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4747 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 15:45:21 »

Andy Morse rings a bell to me, i am pretty sure I played against him numerous times in the past

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4748 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 16:06:30 »

Andy Morse rings a bell to me, i am pretty sure I played against him numerous times in the past

Was quite the player by all accounts.
I was bought along the season after he retired due to injuries which was 08.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4749 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 16:09:15 »

Angela Thorne, played Marjory in To The Manor Born and was also in 3 up 2 down.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4750 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 21:21:40 »

Was quite the player by all accounts.
I was bought along the season after he retired due to injuries which was 08.

He was fucking mustard. Injuries sustained in his first suicide attempt.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4751 on: Tuesday, June 20, 2023, 15:18:11 »

He was fucking mustard. Injuries sustained in his first suicide attempt.

Yeah, knew how he got the injuries but didn’t feel it was my place to say.
The word ‘first’ in that sentence doesn’t sound particularly great either…

As I’ve said he was someone I saw most Sunday mornings for about 2 years many years ago. So obviously my thoughts are with his family & close friends.
Still shits me up when around my age pass.

I have to ask where the nickname Ratty came from though.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4752 on: Tuesday, June 20, 2023, 19:40:50 »

I have to ask where the nickname Ratty came from though.

Rat's tail style haircut when younger
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #4753 on: Friday, June 23, 2023, 16:20:28 »

Well as they go that was a wonderful send off for my friend. White carriage and two white horses with her resting peacefully within a white casket. Humanist ceremony, no prayers or hymns. Just perfect for her. RIP Princess Helen
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4754 on: Friday, June 23, 2023, 17:03:05 »

God bless to all LL

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 ... 340   Go Up
Print
Jump to: