Pages: 1 ... 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 ... 340   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Who's snuffed it now?'  (Read 1382077 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4725 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 08:13:02 »

Sorry for your loss LL its been a fucking shite couple of weeks.

The wife lost her cousin, to cancer 2 weeks ago, the first of her cousins to pass away.

And then my best mate lost his father in law yesterday after a long illness, yes on fathers day ironically.

Another of my oldest mates lost his younger sister, who I used to be close to - to sepsis and heart failure last Monday aged just 49 after just 2 days in hospital after going to the dcs with shoulder pain.

Another of my oldest mates lost his wife from liver cancer after she was in remission from breast cancer, a mutual mate of several on here such as Flash, she was just 59, that was the day after my mate lose his sister.

And to top it off my sister in law who I am very close to, has been having intensive tests this week for cancer as well.

And my wifes oldest friend fell through a roof 2 weeks ago at their French house and is now a paraplegic.

It never rains as they say.

Sorry to hear all that bud, take it easy JJ.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4726 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 08:14:53 »

Sorry to hear all that bud, take it easy JJ.
Cheers mate not after sympathy just venting how shit it is at the moment really Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4727 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 08:37:39 »

Cheers mate not after sympathy just venting how shit it is at the moment really Smiley

I need to word this carefully so as not to cause personal offence, but I guess you get to a stage in life where sadly illness and death is more prevalent amongst friends and family.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4728 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 08:54:19 »

I need to word this carefully so as not to cause personal offence, but I guess you get to a stage in life where sadly illness and death is more prevalent amongst friends and family.

It does, now in my late 40's finding people I went to school (no close friends yet thankfully!) with are departing us plus friends parents are starting to shuffle off.

On a similar vein myself and the wife noted the other week that we haven't been to a wedding in ages 'cos all of our peer group/family had got wedded and seemed to have managed to sustain it, and lo and behold we have our first divorced and second marriage wedding coming up in the spring.

It's all to do with periods of life I think. 
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #4729 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 09:18:19 »

My wife said at the end of last year how fortunate we were that unlike most our age we weren’t taking regular medication.

Since then I’ve been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes so have to take tablets for that every day as well as some to reduce cholesterol, and my wife has been prescribed medication for an issue, although she hopefully won’t be on them long term.

The joys of getting older, however it’s better than the alternative
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4730 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 09:24:36 »

You never offend me, yes mate I am old Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4731 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 09:36:10 »

My old man is 86 and still puts fences up and digs post holes, but he has been active his whole life. He's pretty remarkable really Smiley
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4732 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 09:46:47 »

Sorry for your loss LL its been a fucking shite couple of weeks.

The wife lost her cousin, to cancer 2 weeks ago, the first of her cousins to pass away.

And then my best mate lost his father in law yesterday after a long illness, yes on fathers day ironically.

Another of my oldest mates lost his younger sister, who I used to be close to - to sepsis and heart failure last Monday aged just 49 after just 2 days in hospital after going to the dcs with shoulder pain.

Another of my oldest mates lost his wife from liver cancer after she was in remission from breast cancer, a mutual mate of several on here such as Flash, she was just 59, that was the day after my mate lose his sister.

And to top it off my sister in law who I am very close to, has been having intensive tests this week for cancer as well.

And my wifes oldest friend fell through a roof 2 weeks ago at their French house and is now a paraplegic.

It never rains as they say.

Blimey mate. Saddened to hear all of that from you, through the mill a bit to say the least. Condolences to you and yours.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4733 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 09:47:34 »

Definitely.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4734 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 10:01:02 »

Just seen via Facebook from a former TEF poster that it was Andy Morse’ funeral a few days ago.

I knew him via playing football (more than) a few years back. Didn’t know him well enough or long enough to call him a mate but he was always a loyal, stand up bloke with a huge personality.

Definitely a few TEFers that will have known him.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4735 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 10:24:35 »

That name rings a bell, what was his username on here?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4736 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 10:35:58 »

That name rings a bell, what was his username on here?

I don’t think he was ever on here but TEFers will know him. He would have known a few from school, some from football and some from just copious amounts of drinking…
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4737 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 10:38:28 »

I don’t think he was ever on here but TEFers will know him. He would have known a few from school, some from football and some from just copious amounts of drinking…

Was he a white knuckle boxer who had issues with the law?

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4738 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 10:39:14 »

The first part definitely. The second part I couldn’t outright confirm but wouldn’t be surprised [google however does confirm it]
« Last Edit: Monday, June 19, 2023, 10:42:00 by DiV » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4739 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 12:29:35 »

Yes definitely. A mate of mine; I was at the funeral. A troubled soul but overall a decent bloke. Definitely missed.

EDIT - picture added

* ratty.jpg (166.48 KB, 946x2048 - viewed 129 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 ... 340   Go Up
Print
Jump to: