Pages: 1 ... 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 ... 340   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Who's snuffed it now?'  (Read 1381213 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4710 on: Thursday, June 15, 2023, 12:10:38 »

Blimey they are dropping like flies at the moment.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #4711 on: Thursday, June 15, 2023, 12:19:21 »

Gordon McQueen

I was on tour with his son recently.  His dementia was pretty bad and his son seemed to be expecting it but very sad all the same.

Never knowingly overstated.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #4712 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 16:39:35 »

Gino Mader, 26 year old professional cyclist.
Crashed in the Tour of Switzerland and fell down a ravine and succumbed to his injuries.

Very Sad
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4713 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 17:55:37 »

Gino Mader, 26 year old professional cyclist.
Crashed in the Tour of Switzerland and fell down a ravine and succumbed to his injuries.

Very Sad
Absolutely awful.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4714 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 14:59:46 »

Ok, well, I’ve known for a year that this was coming and although she passed away two weeks ago peacefully surrounded by her family it hit me harder than I thought it would and I couldn’t bare to post until now.

My dear Skool friend who lost her her battle with brain cancer. I have been privileged to not only know this wonderful, wonderful lady from our first day in primary Skool back in ‘65 but also be one of two or three people outside her immediate family to know of her condition. It was on a need to know basis and a gentleman doesn’t kiss and tell.

I thought about all the glowing and heartfelt cliches that come with the passing of an individual but this woman fitted into most of if not all of them.

Her husband used to ‘loan’ her out to me (all kosher I promise you) and we’d go out on the piss in old town, down town sometimes with other Skool friends or out for the day in the summer having picnics, alas all memories now.

Galvanises my own thoughts about the balance of the rest of my life of which I have no control over of course. Anyway we’ll be seeing her off next week and as each day ticks off I’m being consumed by a cloud which grows ever darker. I can’t begin to feel how her husband, children and grand children must be feeling.

The ironic thing is we went to the Swan at Radcot for lunch and a small walk as she had something important to tell me! It was one day out one year ago to the day that she passed away and I took some lovely pictures of her and us, by Christ I’m glad that i did.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4715 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 15:01:43 »

Read something today.

‘We are spirits living a human life. Not humans living a spiritual life’.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4716 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 15:06:27 »

Ok, well, I’ve known for a year that this was coming and although she passed away two weeks ago peacefully surrounded by her family it hit me harder than I thought it would and I couldn’t bare to post until now.

My dear Skool friend who lost her her battle with brain cancer. I have been privileged to not only know this wonderful, wonderful lady from our first day in primary Skool back in ‘65 but also be one of two or three people outside her immediate family to know of her condition. It was on a need to know basis and a gentleman doesn’t kiss and tell.

I thought about all the glowing and heartfelt cliches that come with the passing of an individual but this woman fitted into most of if not all of them.

Her husband used to ‘loan’ her out to me (all kosher I promise you) and we’d go out on the piss in old town, down town sometimes with other Skool friends or out for the day in the summer having picnics, alas all memories now.

Galvanises my own thoughts about the balance of the rest of my life of which I have no control over of course. Anyway we’ll be seeing her off next week and as each day ticks off I’m being consumed by a cloud which grows ever darker. I can’t begin to feel how her husband, children and grand children must be feeling.

The ironic thing is we went to the Swan at Radcot for lunch and a small walk as she had something important to tell me! It was one day out one year ago to the day that she passed away and I took some lovely pictures of her and us, by Christ I’m glad that i did.

I feel your pain LL and remember last year when you took her to Radcock.

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #4717 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 15:10:50 »

I feel your pain LL and remember last year when you took her to Radcock.

Yep, that was one day out a year ago.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4718 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 15:25:43 »

Yep, that was one day out a year ago.

I had similar my dad went into hospital a year last week and never came out passing away in August.

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #4719 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 16:05:09 »

I had similar my dad went into hospital a year last week and never came out passing away in August.

Still not sure whether it helps knowing that time is your enemy or having someone you know go quickly. Guess neither has an advantage over the other.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4720 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 16:11:57 »

Still not sure whether it helps knowing that time is your enemy or having someone you know go quickly. Guess neither has an advantage over the other.

Impossible to answer that one as both terribly upsetting.

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #4721 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 16:30:54 »

Impossible to answer that one as both terribly upsetting.

Indeed.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4722 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 17:50:53 »

Sorry for your loss LL

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #4723 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 18:55:50 »

Sorry for your loss LL.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4724 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 07:45:21 »

Sorry for your loss LL its been a fucking shite couple of weeks.

The wife lost her cousin, to cancer 2 weeks ago, the first of her cousins to pass away.

And then my best mate lost his father in law yesterday after a long illness, yes on fathers day ironically.

Another of my oldest mates lost his younger sister, who I used to be close to - to sepsis and heart failure last Monday aged just 49 after just 2 days in hospital after going to the dcs with shoulder pain.

Another of my oldest mates lost his wife from liver cancer after she was in remission from breast cancer, a mutual mate of several on here such as Flash, she was just 59, that was the day after my mate lose his sister.

And to top it off my sister in law who I am very close to, has been having intensive tests this week for cancer as well.

And my wifes oldest friend fell through a roof 2 weeks ago at their French house and is now a paraplegic.

It never rains as they say.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 ... 340   Go Up
Print
Jump to: