Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: lonergan  (Read 2765 times)
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, November 5, 2006, 11:23:51 »

thats what i thought, probably a clause issue saying he had to start first team games, otherwise they'd never have let him come here to sit on the bench, dunno what he was doing for the second goal! A couple of good saves, and one good kick out to i think it was smith or shakes which started an attack, but i think i prefer Smith.
Sussex

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, November 5, 2006, 11:35:23 »

Tosh. You put out your strongest 11, and if Lonergan is deemed the better keeper then he should start. Harsh for Smith, yes, but thems the breaks.
fatbury

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, November 5, 2006, 12:04:17 »

Well didnt I say Lonergan wasnt all that good Huh? I hate being right sometimes ... it was ridiculous to drop a keeper who is actually OURS and did nothing wrong in the games he played to put in a PRESTON keeper who was actually worse in this match that Smith had been in the previous two.  Just another example of Williams lack of management skills i expect .. Some people had said that Wise had made the first enquiry .. actually all he did was send a scout out to watch him ... Williams was the one who decided he wanted him in .. poor decisions already Ady! Sooner we get a new manager the better .. but i digress

Smith back in for next match i say!
DMR

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, November 5, 2006, 12:54:12 »

shut up fatbury you also said he was a midget
Spud

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, November 5, 2006, 13:13:45 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Well didnt I say Lonergan wasnt all that good Huh? I hate being right sometimes ... it was ridiculous to drop a keeper who is actually OURS and did nothing wrong in the games he played to put in a PRESTON keeper who was actually worse in this match that Smith had been in the previous two.  Just another example of Williams lack of management skills i expect .. Some people had said that Wise had made the first enquiry .. actually all he did was send a scout out to watch him ... Williams was the one who decided he wanted him in .. poor decisions already Ady! Sooner we get a new manager the better .. but i digress

Smith back in for next match i say!

Why don't you put in for the GK Coach role? seeing as you think you know everything regarding GK's.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, November 5, 2006, 13:53:27 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "DV85"
nope, we always had that one...just today was the first time we'd played a team in yellow

Regardless of whether he is better than Smith or not, Smith didnt deserve to be dropped today. He's been solid the last two games (probably motm at shewsbury) and that would have done nothing for his confidence.

Wrong decision

Absoloutly spot on

However reading the press release upon his arrival he was given permission to come here to gain 1st team experience.

Another clause issue Huh?Huh?

I expect so, I got that impression from what Paul Simpson had to say about the loan deal...
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, November 5, 2006, 13:57:56 »

Wasn't this his first first-team game since his cruciate ligament injury? If it was I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. But yesterday really wasn't the best time for him make his comeback.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, November 5, 2006, 14:14:49 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
nope, we always had that one...just today was the first time we'd played a team in yellow

Regardless of whether he is better than Smith or not, Smith didnt deserve to be dropped today. He's been solid the last two games (probably motm at shewsbury) and that would have done nothing for his confidence.

Wrong decision

Absoloutly spot on

However reading the press release upon his arrival he was given permission to come here to gain 1st team experience.

Another clause issue Huh?Huh?

It was no surprise that Smith was dropped. Managers at other clubs wouldn't allow a goalie to go out on loan, only to sit on the bench. Paul Smith knew the situation as he stated last week.

It's All Good..............
red macca

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, November 5, 2006, 15:21:22 »

Wrong decision
disagree with that dv a couple of weeks ago i would of but now i just think fuck em they have no loyalty whatsoever to this club so why should we show them loyalty if the manager thinks he lonergan is better then he must play him.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: