Pages: 1 ... 521 522 523 [524] 525 526 527 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1988387 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7845 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 11:27:53 »

What DV said. Howes a decent manager, he’ll do alright at Newcastle. Some strange views on here

Things get better but they never get good
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #7846 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 12:54:36 »

Took Bournemouth from League 2 to Prem didn’t he, so what if he had money? Welcome to modern day football, you can’t do what he did without shed loads of money.

I suspect jealousy may play a part in the strange views, there has been bitterness against them since they did what any sensible club would have done regarding Ritchie
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7847 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 13:15:30 »

What DV said. Howes a decent manager, he’ll do alright at Newcastle. Some strange views on here

Player recruitment won’t be down to him I suspect. He’ll have a say but as it is not his money who pays the piper calls the tune. Seems a decent bloke on the surface but we don’t live with him or work with him so given the benefit of the doubt I hope he does well. Be nice to have a different team name on the major trophies. Of course it will be a excellent opportunity for all those hard done by entitled ‘fans’ of the top clubs and we know where to look for that to cry foul. Suck it up buttercup welcome to our world.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #7848 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 13:27:23 »

So people aren't allowed to have different opinions to you?

FWIW he did ok at Bournemouth but he had the biggest budget in every league right up to promotion to the Prem when he struggled.

Very often managers of lower clubs who have success and move to perceived much bigger clubs rarely have success at the bigger team. Hoddle and Macari did poor when they left us and look more recently at Nuno at Spurs.

With every managerial appointment it could easily go either way.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7849 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 13:35:16 »

Its a complete unknown how he will do with proper money behind him, what caught my eye was more that it illustrates what a peculiar shit show Newcastle are at the moment who nearkly a month after their big takeover seem no closer to having a clue what they are doing, to have offered it to Emerey who plays quite a distinct style and then 2 days later to offer it to a manager who plays something completely different.

One recurring theme from muff fans when things weren't going well was that Howe didn't know how to set a defence up, which would worry me as a Newcastle fan as the last few times I have watched them play their back 4 played like ours last season.

Whatever one thinks of Howe he is going to have to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and whilst he has January, unless he gets some decent results in the intervening with what he has got to play with its going to be difficult to attract top quality to Newcastle if a year in the Championship is beckoning, they are lucky that Norwich are so crap that its looking like only 2 relegation spots are up for grabs.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 5, 2021, 13:47:54 by horlock07 » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7850 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 14:01:49 »

One recurring theme from muff fans when things weren't going well was that Howe didn't know how to set a defence up, which would worry me as a Newcastle fan as the last few times I have watched them play their back 4 played like ours last season.
Sounds like the Geordies under Keegan TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #7851 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 14:06:04 »

Eddie Howe took Bmuff up and cheated. Thats a fact.

https://talksport.com/football/395272/afc-bournemouth-fine-financial-fair-play/

I never liked Bmuff anyway but that boiled my piss considering what happened to us when we did it on a vastly smaller scale. They just paid the fine they could easily afford. Not many people know about it, im sure if it had been Leeds, it would of all over the press but it was Muff and everybody wanted to believe the smoke and mirrors fairytale bollocks.

So...im narked rather than Jealous. I think Howe is a bit over rated, shame, as i have soft spot for the Toon and wanted them to do well. Now i wont....

Clems Army!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7852 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 14:09:25 »

He’s a smug looking Head Boy type who needs a good smacking.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7853 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 14:20:46 »

Even with the finance, Howe still did a good job at Bournemouth. They were doomed, he kept them in League Two against the odds, took them up to L1 and nearly got them up again. That was before the money! Even after he went back, most of the team he had in the Premier League initially were the team he had in League One. The "Bournemouth fairytale" line irks me too as they were well funded, but we've seen well funded teams fall on their arse before. The money shouldn't diminish what he achieved there.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7854 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 14:23:56 »

Sounds like the Geordies under Keegan TBH.

Having lived up there during the Keegan era, the defence then looked like world beaters compared to the lot they have now! Keegans was a choice not to defend, this team just don't seem to know how to do basic defending.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7855 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 14:36:29 »

Even with the finance, Howe still did a good job at Bournemouth. They were doomed, he kept them in League Two against the odds, took them up to L1 and nearly got them up again. That was before the money! Even after he went back, most of the team he had in the Premier League initially were the team he had in League One. The "Bournemouth fairytale" line irks me too as they were well funded, but we've seen well funded teams fall on their arse before. The money shouldn't diminish what he achieved there.

I wasn't aware that Bournemouth started with a -17 point handicap and they survived. I personally have nothing against him and think he's a pretty good manager. It will be interesting to see how he does at Newcastle with unlimited resources.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7856 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 14:38:59 »

So people aren't allowed to have different opinions to you?

FWIW he did ok at Bournemouth but he had the biggest budget in every league right up to promotion to the Prem when he struggled.

Very often managers of lower clubs who have success and move to perceived much bigger clubs rarely have success at the bigger team. Hoddle and Macari did poor when they left us and look more recently at Nuno at Spurs.

With every managerial appointment it could easily go either way.

Not sure he struggled in the prem, keeping them up for however many years it was?

Things get better but they never get good
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7857 on: Saturday, November 6, 2021, 17:23:12 »

Neil Warnock sacked at Boro

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7858 on: Saturday, November 6, 2021, 20:14:02 »

Daniel Farke Norwich

So, give no fucks
anglia red