Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is anyone still watching LOST?  (Read 23969 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 14:08:21 »

Everything that happened was real except for the flash sideways in season 6 which was purgatory, where they all met up after they had died which for some of them (Ben and Hurley for example) was many years later - though they all looked the same as they did in the months following the plane crash.

I didn't fully get it when I watched it the first time, but it makes sense if you think about it or watch it again - the scene in the church with Jack and Christian is where they start to explain it with Jack acknowledging he died on the island. Though there were some hints before that if you knew what to look for.

I'm pissed they didn't explain who was doing the food parcel drops and more about the Dharma background.

Though they have left things open enough for a follow up show or two, a whole season might be a bit much.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 15:06:31 »

Open to interpretation I guess.  The island is the cork in the bottle neck to hell as explained earlier by Jacob and his bottle of wine.  The white light is the force that stops people going to hell as this was extinguished when the cork was removed.

The characters were trapped on the island until their spirits understood what had happened and found each other.  Jack did not understand what had happened until he saw his father.  He didn't die on the island until after that, therefore, it didn't matter when they actually died on the island as they were already dead, in the plane crash in episode one, it was all a case of them understanding what went on, (like sixth sense)

The reason his dad appeared on the island in spirit from time to time is because he was already dead when the plane crashed, and already understood what was going on, he was there to try to get Jack to understand what had happened.

Therefore my opinion is that the island was not real, it was what they created in their sub conscious.  When they wanted drugs, a plane crashed with drugs, when they wanted food, an air drop left food, when they wanted to get off the island, loads of different ways of getting off the island appeared.

I can't see how everything is real when there were Polar bears and smoke monsters running around.  Also the island moved?  Not something you often see on Sky News.

It just shows how many variations there are as to what people believe it meant though which makes it a good ending IMO.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 15:10:50 »

^^^^ i'm liking this interpritation

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 15:15:44 »

i aint got a fucking clue what it all meant,and am bitter at enduring the shite till the end.
the only saving grace was that during it, i could imagine having sex with the numerous fit women on it.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 15:21:52 »

i aint got a fucking clue what it all meant,and am bitter at enduring the shite till the end.
the only saving grace was that during it, i could imagine having sex with the numerous fit women on it.

amen brother

michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 16:58:28 »

I think that you should all just let go.

Only then will you be able to truly move on.

I for one am glad that it is over.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 17:18:33 »

The reason his dad appeared on the island in spirit from time to time is because he was already dead when the plane crashed, and already understood what was going on, he was there to try to get Jack to understand what had happened.
but that wasn't actually christian, it was the man in black..
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 17:28:16 »

i think they all died at the end of season 5 ( those that were left ) so season 6 was all about them finding each other etc
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 18:13:56 »

But then Juliet died died at the end of season 5 and didn't re-appear on the island. 

Where as the others did, so don't think they died then.

I kind of understood it the same way Sam did.

The island was real and flash sideways were purgatory after they had all died.

Of course it left some ends open. How/when did Hurley and Ben die? Did Lapidas, Kate, Sawyer, Miles and Richard leave the island safely or die trying?

Why were people like Alex, Russo, Charlotte, Faraday and Miles used in the flashforwards but weren't in the church, even though the Juliet and Ben were?

Then of course there are the Walt and Michael who didn't appear although I guess that's an 'actors available' reason.

I hoped for as a minimum they'd answer what the island was and why (after Locke/Smoke Monsters) death did it still need protecting?

If Richard got off the island does he begin to age?

How comes Jack could suddenly hurt Locke?

Why did Jacob stop people leaving the island and why did he make sure women couldn't give birth? How differently did Hurley do things?

I certainly didn't expect answers to everything but I felt they didn't answer the most important ones.

I always thought it would finish with Jack doing something to stop all of it ever happening and he'd just wake up on the plane in LAX and they'd all carry on their original lives

....and last of all - when Jack moves onto heave with the others why the hell doesn't he think where the fucks my son? But I guess he wasn't real in real life just in fake life I think...
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 18:37:58 »

I thought they answered that one when he got his first grey hair. I assumed that to mean he was now ageing as Jacob was  gone for good after handing over the island to Jack. Following on from that I thought they suggested pretty strongly that whoever was in charge of the island also got to make the rules, which would explain a few other things such as Jack and Locke hurting each other (it was Jacob's rule that they couldn't whereas Jack wanted the opposite).
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 18:46:51 »

I remember the richard thing.

The Jack changing the rules thing makes sense but Jack took over from Jacob and Kate still couldn't shoot Locke at first, unless that was Jacks surprise changing the rule after that point to give Locke a false sense of security

Either that or it was more to do with Desmond moving that thing and the Island starting to crumble
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 18:51:09 »

But then Juliet died died at the end of season 5 and didn't re-appear on the island. 

Where as the others did, so don't think they died then.

I kind of understood it the same way Sam did.

The island was real and flash sideways were purgatory after they had all died.

Of course it left some ends open. How/when did Hurley and Ben die? Did Lapidas, Kate, Sawyer, Miles and Richard leave the island safely or die trying?

Why were people like Alex, Russo, Charlotte, Faraday and Miles used in the flashforwards but weren't in the church, even though the Juliet and Ben were?

Then of course there are the Walt and Michael who didn't appear although I guess that's an 'actors available' reason.

I hoped for as a minimum they'd answer what the island was and why (after Locke/Smoke Monsters) death did it still need protecting?

How comes Jack could suddenly hurt Locke?

Why did Jacob stop people leaving the island and why did he make sure women couldn't give birth? How differently did Hurley do things?

I certainly didn't expect answers to everything but I felt they didn't answer the most important ones.

I always thought it would finish with Jack doing something to stop all of it ever happening and he'd just wake up on the plane in LAX and they'd all carry on their original lives

....and last of all - when Jack moves onto heave with the others why the hell doesn't he think where the fucks my son? But I guess he wasn't real in real life just in fake life I think...

to add to this, where did whitmore and all his mercinaries come in to?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 18:58:38 »

...and why did Jacob allow the Dharma people to come along set up camp and do all those experiments?

I suppose he left them to it incase the killed him, or got off the island and go pubic on the island.

Of course the whole point was everyone was there for a reason so maybe Jacob knew he needed Dharma to build the hatch to get Desmond to not push the button to make the plane crash

...but the eloise found windows which was nothing to do with the button. Although the hatch and button were gone at this point.

I don't even know why I'm typing this anymore. It can't be answered.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 21:31:53 »

Either that or it was more to do with Desmond moving that thing and the Island starting to crumble

Maybe. But the other thing supporting the rules thing was the rules that Jacob's mother set when she was in charge. Though something had changed as MiB could kill Jack as well, which he couldn't do when Jacob was in charge.

I read a really good explanation of the main points, supposedly written by someone at Bad Robot (the production company). They reckoned Jacob wanted (and needed) to kill MiB but he couldn't do it himself, so he kept bring more people to the island to do it for him including the Dharma Initiative. But he kept them all at arms length and let them get on with it which resulted in MiB corrupting everyone and killing them one way or the other, so eventually he got more involved in it.

They explained the church pretty well, especially why some people were there and some not. For example, Ben didn't go in as the people he needed to find peace with weren't all there and he needed to do that before he could move on.

The full explanation is here: http://forum.lostpedia.com/someone-bad-robots-take-finale-t59261.html
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 21:41:50 »

Just watched it.

I like Berniman's explanation best, because until I read it I interpreted the ending the same as Jonny72.

The problem with the island being real theory is that they didn't answer anything about why it was there, etc etc..

The purgatory end for the characters was OK, but another show already did that one better this week. Won't mention it just in case somebody hasn't watched it!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: