Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: THE SAM MORSHEAD COLUMN: Trust is a very valuable commodity for Robins  (Read 15509 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 14:41:11 »

Or there are irrational idiots out there who just like to complain. As Summer says, I understand the relationship between those running the two groups is good.

I think those that know the Supporters club know that they have someone in their ranks that dislikes the Trust regardless of what they do and at times others in the SC listen to him so I dont think they could work together for this reason.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 15:20:47 »

I think those that know the Supporters club know that they have someone in their ranks that dislikes the Trust regardless of what they do and at times others in the SC listen to him so I dont think they could work together for this reason.

I believe that person you're talking about is no longer on their committee.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 15:31:46 »

More to it than all has been mentioned

The Trust will always remain toothless given the proportion of fans that are members.

Once it gets upto 20% of the fan base or another WUP or administration, the apathetic will remain apathetic.

For god sake, when we nearly went to the wall, we had to bust a gut and virtually give away membership to get even near 1000 members.

At that point we still had plenty of resentment from the fan base as we were sullying the great name of the Wills family

That's the general dynamics of the STFC fan, if not the Swindon populous in general (myself included)

Full disclosure : Ex Trust secretary and lapsed member
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 16:06:42 »

As a supporter of more years than I can possibly remember can somebody please point me in the direction of the Trust AND the Supporters Club when I next approach the CG.  I don't remember seeing anybody out there being pro-active from either of them - not saying they are not active behind the scenes - half the time when you get to the ground you cannot even buy a half-time draw ticket!!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 16:19:43 »

As a supporter of more years than I can possibly remember can somebody please point me in the direction of the Trust AND the Supporters Club when I next approach the CG.  I don't remember seeing anybody out there being pro-active from either of them - not saying they are not active behind the scenes - half the time when you get to the ground you cannot even buy a half-time draw ticket!!

The Trust had a shedload of people in and around the ground when the Diamandis shit was about to hit te fan. Brighton at home seems to stick in my mind, I was out helping them and was genuinely surprised the people not interested.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 16:52:21 »

More to it than all has been mentioned

The Trust will always remain toothless given the proportion of fans that are members.

Once it gets upto 20% of the fan base or another WUP or administration, the apathetic will remain apathetic.

For god sake, when we nearly went to the wall, we had to bust a gut and virtually give away membership to get even near 1000 members.

At that point we still had plenty of resentment from the fan base as we were sullying the great name of the Wills family

That's the general dynamics of the STFC fan, if not the Swindon populous in general (myself included)

Full disclosure : Ex Trust secretary and lapsed member

Think you're about right with needing around 20% of the fanbase signed up to be effective.  That's about double what the Trust had at the height of the Diamandis/Wills problems, so I don't doubt that getting there will be a challenge.

But you never know.  Apathy is a problem - and there are always going to be fans who just want to go to football, enjoy a few beers with their mates and not concern themselves with off the field matters - but with a concerted push and some visible initiatives, the numbers should rise over time.  It's a long term thing.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 17:18:55 »

I want to know who made the post at half two on Tuesday afternoon.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 17:40:13 »

Think you're about right with needing around 20% of the fanbase signed up to be effective.  That's about double what the Trust had at the height of the Diamandis/Wills problems, so I don't doubt that getting there will be a challenge.

But you never know.  Apathy is a problem - and there are always going to be fans who just want to go to football, enjoy a few beers with their mates and not concern themselves with off the field matters - but with a concerted push and some visible initiatives, the numbers should rise over time.  It's a long term thing.

The Trust needs to recruit a few decent looking girls, get them kitted out in STFC strips, and mingle on a matchday on  a recruiting drive....JFW?

Failing that, all new members entered into a win a cuddly toy draw. 
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 18:07:52 »

Failing that, all new members entered into a win a cuddly toy draw. 
Or a night out down the Vic with Reg - now that would be interesting!!
Levi lapper

« Reply #84 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 20:47:17 »

I joined the Trust- it costs a quid for fucks sake, what a bunch of moaning negative apathetic old cunts, "Im not joining them they haven't done anything"  Its because of fans like that clubs get shafted. Well done to those who put some effort in and try and make a difference and a big "fuck you" to those that moan about it.

leftside

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 21:21:08 »

Yes Paul, the money is still going into the RAF bank account, which is seperate to the main Trust bank account, as the money is 'ringfenced'.

Apologies, I was not aware it was still running.

Any chance of re-signing Michael Proctor, the 2 goals in 4 four games RAFunded super-striker?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #86 on: Friday, July 11, 2014, 09:09:38 »

Not been on in a few days. Wowwee.

Said all I've got to say on the matter, and repeated on facebook. I even used my actual name in case anyone else wants to accuse me of being an internet warrior. I have nothing to hide, and like Flashheart my opinion of the trust is negative and I don' want to get involved again.

* trust.png (250.1 KB, 1360x728 - viewed 231 times.)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, July 11, 2014, 09:17:14 »

Why do you have adverts for scantily clad Russian girls? Smiley
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #88 on: Friday, July 11, 2014, 09:21:01 »

Targeted advertising.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore