Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: The search is on for new boss as MacDonald quits  (Read 19464 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 10:09:23 »

People mention Swindon Hotspurs we have had a close link with Tottenham or Ex tottenham people for years at least 4 managers have played for Tottenham
5 in total over the years I believe Ardiles, Hoddle, Gorman, Mackay and Allen.

64 players and managers have either played for us/managed/assistant managed(Poyet) us and played for spurs at one level or another apprently.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 10:13:07 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 10:11:41 »

So if Les is the 6th, by that law of averages, he'll win us a playoff campaign.  Go Les!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 10:18:49 »

People mention Swindon Hotspurs we have had a close link with Tottenham or Ex tottenham people for years at least 4 managers have played for Tottenham

Doesn't mean we've had a real link. It's possibly just coincidental. It's like saying I have a link with the toilet because I choose to shit in it instead of the hedge. I could use both if I wanted.

64 players and managers have either played for us/managed/assistant managed(Poyet) us and played for spurs at one level or another apprently.

Can anyone find another team that has more/similar numbers? Perhaps we're secretly twinned with Luton without our knowing? IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 10:24:31 »

Some of those links may be a bit circuitous, if you've nicked them from Banyard's site.  I've always been under the impression we've had plenty of Spurs connections, but I'm sure just coincidence.  In my 50 odd years I can recall us signing 3 players from Arsenal....Nicky Hammond...Jo Kuffour on loan...and recently Boateng...again I'm sure just coincidence.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 10:26:04 »

Can anyone find another team that has more/similar numbers? Perhaps we're secretly twinned with Luton without our knowing? IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!

Well as an example...Bristhole Shitty and us have had 69 mutual players/managers over the years...hows that?

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 10:29:07 »

Well as an example...Bristhole Shitty and us have had 69 mutual players/managers over the years...hows that?

Perfect, thanks Venks.

Shitty are definitely our reserves.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 10:30:59 »

Some of those links may be a bit circuitous, if you've nicked them from Banyard's site.  I've always been under the impression we've had plenty of Spurs connections, but I'm sure just coincidence.  In my 50 odd years I can recall us signing 3 players from Arsenal....Nicky Hammond...Jo Kuffour on loan...and recently Boateng...again I'm sure just coincidence.
It was taken from swindon-town-fc.co.uk.

Yes we rarely get players on loan from the Arse thats very true, or come to think of it I only remember 1 from Villa...Steve Cowe since I have been following Swindon, whereas I remember 4 from Liverpool over the same period Tanner, Darby, Thompson and Warner.

Over that same time I worked out we have had 18 loanees from Spurs.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: