Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: SWINDON TOWN: Club present their vision to businesses and sponsors  (Read 20619 times)
News Monkey

« on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 22:00:08 »

SWINDON TOWN: Club present their vision to businesses and sponsors

AROUND 50 local business owners and sponsors were present in the Legends Lounge last night as Swindon Town presented their aims for the club’s future.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10536421.SWINDON_TOWN__Club_present_their_vision_to_businesses_and_sponsors/?ref=rss

Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 22:18:18 »

He explained that the concerts would be worth a minimum of £300,000 a year to club – should no one attend or cancellations occur – but a maximum of £1.8million a year was possible.

Could anybody in attendance tomorrow please try to make some sense of this and help the numbers add up?

The 300k makes (some) sense. But what is the 1.8M all about? How is that even remotely possible?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 22:24:09 »

My take is that the cg is rented out and then stfc are paid an additional headage fee on attendance
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 22:30:28 »

If they manage to get in 15,000 people a night on both nights, the average spend would need to be 60 quid per person (including tickets) to hit the 1.8M.........

Minus considerable expenses.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 22:56:41 »

If they manage to get in 15,000 people a night on both nights, the average spend would need to be 60 quid per person (including tickets) to hit the 1.8M.........

I think they're planning on somewhat more than 2 concerts a year going forward.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 23:29:52 »

Didn't they say 6-7?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 07:25:25 »

Jed actually originally said the £1.8m was profit from the concerts. But I think he was confused.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 07:48:10 »

Could be that there are more than 2 concerts per year
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 08:02:05 »

I would guess that there will be more than just 2 concerts a year.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 08:03:04 »

Might be going out on a limb here, but maybe there might be more than 2 concerts per year?!

Just a thought.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 08:57:53 »

Jed was originally talking about up to 8 concerts per year. So do you all think that would net £1.8m profit?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 10:02:17 »

I was going to attend the event tonight but after following the coverage last night I think I have heard most the key points. I also have a feeling that most the questions are going to resolve around the Legends lounge again, which I have no interest in at all.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 10:11:02 »

Jed was originally talking about up to 8 concerts per year. So do you all think that would net £1.8m profit?

Don't see why not if we're just renting space with some kick back on sales.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 10:38:12 »

Don't see why not if we're just renting space with some kick back on sales.

Well, you're the financial expert, but it sounds an extraordinary amount if that's all we're doing, and the promoter also needs a margin. I wonder if we'll get any more gigs if Rice is no longer involved anyway.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 20:35:11 »

Very good evening tonight, well done to Steve Murrell and Marc Isaacs.

Only just got back as it was a very long presentation with all the questions and I'm sure there will be a lot of contributions on here and social media about it.

Main points for me:

1) Football budget of £2.4m would see us break even. We're currently at £2.9m spend. This is based on attendances of 7500 average per game. Steve stressed that whilst looking to bring down to £2.4m it probably won't happen this season and if there is a need for more in the short term the funding is there. Not looking to ship out loads of players for the sake of it.

2) Concerts - Up to 6 a year. It is a 10 year contract and the promoter is renting the space from the club. Minimum of £300k per year income to us (no costs, all profit) even with no concerts. If all the concerts were sell outs it would bring in £1.8m per year. Steve felt that the potential uplift would be more like £900k per year and for 2013/14 £750k was the conservative budget.

3) Catering - 10 year contract with Lindley worth £4m to the club. £200k additional revenue per annum and £200k in cost savings.

4) Other additional income will be made from sponsorship, stfcmyworld and other activities. Also cost savings with ticketmaster compared to previous ticket administrator. Total additional revenue (not full financial benefit) is £2m for 2013/14 based on conservative forecast.

5) The Legends Lounge will not be cut in half now. Steve didn't realise the Supporters Club had put in money previously to refurbish it. Instead, the club will allow fans to book tables with a full waiting service for food and drink. Any tables not booked will operate as they do now.

6) Possibility of putting a roof on the stratton bank, awaiting planning permission and would cost £150k.

7) New training facilities are necessary as the current facility has loads of kids around which causes problem. The owners of the current facility are also expanding and thus there will be even more kids around. The pitches aren't that great and the new facility will be cheaper to rent than currently. Has needed investment but this is reflected in the lower rent.

Cool Ticketing improvements will also mean that when phoning it will cost a maximum of 10p a call. Previous telephone costs and booking fees have been necessary to cover costs. Negotiated a better deal with ticketmaster and passed onto fans.

Loads of other really good points raised and intelligent questions. And I mean loads.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 20:43:16 by Simon Pieman » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: