Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: MacDonald expects Caddis in pre-season  (Read 18336 times)
News Monkey

« on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 14:00:07 »

MacDonald expects Caddis in pre-season

SWINDON Town expect Paul Caddis to return to the County Ground for pre-season training with the rest of the Robins’ squad on Monday.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10494725.MacDonald_expects_Caddis_in_pre_season/?ref=rss

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 14:27:04 »

If we do keep Caddis then he'll be like having a new signing. I'd love to see him and Thompson in tandem on the right.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 14:29:25 »

Would be very surprised if Caddis is still here at the start of the season. Pleasantly, but very.
The_Doctor

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 14:49:35 »

Great news if he actually stays but I reckon he will be loaned out to Birmingham again with them paying all his wages to get him off our wage bill.... The other question is will Adam Rooney be turning up? I'd assume so as we admitted he had a contract just werent happy with the money but who knows???
Flashheart

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 14:51:50 »

Great news if he actually stays but I reckon he will be loaned out to Birmingham again with them paying all his wages to get him off our wage bill....

Which would make not one iota of sense considering we rejected a bid(s) for him from them.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 15:08:40 »

Which would make not one iota of sense considering we rejected a bid(s) for him from them.

But maybe, the rejection of bids was a gambit to up the price, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. As I said before maybe Brum are gambling on no-one else wanting him and us not wanting a disaffected high earner.
Flashheart

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 15:23:35 »

But maybe, the rejection of bids was a gambit to up the price, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. As I said before maybe Brum are gambling on no-one else wanting him and us not wanting a disaffected high earner.

If the club asked for more, Birmingham refused, and were that desperate to get him off the wage bill we would have just accepted their original offer.
TungstenCarbide

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 15:25:35 »

Somewhere between Reg and Flashheart lies a compromise...

Depressive Optimism.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 16:03:34 »

I would expect a player who was contracted to the club to turn up for pre-season training too. If he doesn't, surely he will be in breach of contract? Presumably, the club could then refuse to pay him or fine him or hold on to his registration for a year to stop him playing elsewhere.

This doesn't mean that he will be playing for us again.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 16:11:15 »

Somewhere between Reg and Flashheart lies a compromise...

Depressive Optimism.

Optimism?

Just pointing out the logic fail in effectively letting a player go for free after refusing bids for him. I'm not trying to say he'll stay as I expect there will be interest from somewhere else.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 16:17:51 »

If he's not sold by the start of August expect a transfer request.
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 16:22:52 »

If he's not sold by the start of August expect a transfer request.

You could well be right.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 16:49:09 »

Optimism?

Just pointing out the logic fail in effectively letting a player go for free after refusing bids for him. I'm not trying to say he'll stay as I expect there will be interest from somewhere else.

I think the " depressive" is what Dosser has down for you

We could have got a mill for Ritchie at one time....it's the nature of dealing, win some, lose some.

All I ever do is try to call it as a I see it...so for example there are those who take exception to comments like...all our players are available for transfer, based on the fact that the club sent round an e-mail to that effect.

No they say...Reg you're just an old fart who should be stabbed...yet here we have no less than KMac saying....“Again, though, if the club gets the right offer for anybody I think anybody’s for sale."
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 16:51:47 »

consider yourself daggered
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 17:08:46 »

consider yourself daggered

Thanks Ron...it means a lot.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up