Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Adam Rooney: Swindon Town striker in contract row with club  (Read 31093 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 12:11:47 »

I'm all for getting the youngsters through, but asking the likes of Oakley to step up to the first team at the first time of asking would be incredibly unfair and may not yield the desired results.
True. But bench warming with Ward and TAH on the field may be appropriate. KMac can then look for opportunities to blood him when appropriate. If Ward or TAH get injuries then bring in a loan and maintain the same strategy. If Oakley shines or appears ready for more in January then great!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 12:13:05 »

I like the idea of KMac building a generation of footballers at the club.

What?!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 12:14:35 »

True. But bench warming with Ward and TAH on the field may be appropriate. KMac can then look for opportunities to blood him when appropriate. If Ward or TAH get injuries then bring in a loan and maintain the same strategy. If Oakley shines or appears ready for more in January then great!

As things stand, an awful lot rests on TAH playing next season...with the downsizing of the club, we can scarcely afford an expensive resource doing nothing.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 12:27:05 »

It worked with Thompson (N) though didn't it, just got to hope that lightning strikes more than once......

We certainly didn't expect him to become a regular first team full back the instant we gave him a few appearances.

Don't get me wrong, he's been quality and thoroughly deserves to be in the first 11. It may be the same with Oakley but we can't rely on it.

If Oakley plays well enough for the first team it will be him going not TAH.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 12:58:25 »

"I for one are fully supportive of the club in trying to get out of this - pure financial insanity by the previous owners."

When you wrote that you were supportive of the club trying to get out of paying the player his wages by not honouring his contract, funny enough I believed you meant that you for one are fully supportive of the club in trying to get out of this, in future it may help if the reader knows that what you actually mean is in fact the opposite of what have written. 

Are you being deliberately obtuse, or just letting your ire get in the way of reading what I said?

Did I say I supported their trying to get out of the contract by way of nefarious means? Did I say I was supportive of the club trying to get out of paying the player his wages by not honouring his contract?

If the contract is watertight (as you obvious believe it is, and unlike yourself I haven’t seen it and thus I cannot comment on that) then they (the club) will be forced to honour it and if that’s the case so be it, if it is not then I suspect they will seek to renegotiate, however as a supporter of a club that is trying to save money I do support them seeking to investigate whether they have means to renegotiate terms or set the contract aside, by legal means.

The club obviously feel they potentially have a case, but hey ho, it’s another part of the chaos they appear to have inherited.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 14:02:00 »

He is our best striker and would have got 15-20 goals next season in my opinion. The board yet again showing how amateur and pathetic they are. Some very grim years ahead, it will be a miracle if we don't go down.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 14:25:44 »

We certainly didn't expect him to become a regular first team full back the instant we gave him a few appearances.

Don't get me wrong, he's been quality and thoroughly deserves to be in the first 11. It may be the same with Oakley but we can't rely on it.

If Oakley plays well enough for the first team it will be him going not TAH.

Also we shouldn't forget that Nathan is 4 years older than Oakley.  We can't expect the same from an 18-19 year old as from a 22 year old.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 15:05:51 »

Normally football contracts are watertight. Don't forget we had to pay Ruddock off despite him being totally overweight for being a professional footballer.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 15:15:10 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindontown/news/10453917.McCrory_confirms_Rooney_contract_talks/

According to this report he'll be on 8k a week!!

What were the previous board thinking?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 15:16:24 »

I think we've established that they weren't.

Except if you're DV in which case this is perfectly logical.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 15:17:44 »

Yeah.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 15:17:55 »

Eight...thousand...a...week?

Fuck me sideways.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 15:18:52 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindontown/news/10453917.McCrory_confirms_Rooney_contract_talks/

"Yes Paolo. Please don't shout at me Paolo." Mainly.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 15:19:06 »

Yeah.
Well, it's what you wanted...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 15:19:34 »

Wray has a lot to answer for
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: