Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Takeover set for completion a day too late for Paolo  (Read 19097 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 18:17:30 »

That Ian Longdon from BBC wiltshire was at my gig last night.  He was a bit perplexed and going back after the show to help out.  Busy time for these chaps.

Never knowingly overstated.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 18:18:54 »

nah, i'm sure he's just making it up as he goes along
I would imagine there are many on here who would second that. It must be very boring when there are actually no facts to report on. Makes a little rumour all the more appealing!!  Cheesy

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 19:57:20 »

I posted this before, but Reading's takeover took 6 weeks after submitting to the FL.  As someone mentioned above, Leeds took 4 to 5 weeks.

I think the issue here appears to have been an assumption and continual reporting of the fact that the the FL would somehow do this a lot quicker.

The question is though, were Reading & Leeds stopped from signing players on loan during that time.

I know we don't take much notice of takeovers at other teams, but I can't recall any other team being stopped from making loan signings during a takeover.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 21:12:55 »

Just a bit more on the time it is taking...GFH Captial finalised a deal for Leeds on 21st November and it was 'officially' completed on 21st December.

Alan Tate joined Leeds from Swansea on loan on the 22nd November as the first new signing following the takeover by GFH Capital. Therefore it appears to be perfectly acceptable for clubs to sign players on loan whilst awaiting comfirmation of fit and proper tests, unless you are Swindon Town apparently.

It took me 5 mins on line to find that which suggests that either there is more to this than meets the eye or the press haven't looked into this.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 21:15:18 »

Alan Tate joined Leeds from Swansea on loan on the 22nd November as the first new signing following the takeover by GFH Capital. Therefore it appears to be perfectly acceptable for clubs to sign players on loan whilst awaiting comfirmation of fit and proper tests, unless you are Swindon Town apparently.

It took me 5 mins on line to find that which suggests that either there is more to this than meets the eye or the press haven't looked into this.

Their FPP test pass was confirmed on the 8th December BTW.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 08:59:03 »

So perhaps the outstanding loan fees would suggest that we have been under an M Bongo?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: