Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Watkins defends FA Cup shirt sponsor  (Read 18316 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, November 4, 2011, 12:31:26 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highest_English_football_stadiums_by_altitude

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Friday, November 4, 2011, 16:20:43 »

I used to think Saltergate seemed like quite a high ground....Derbyshire being quite hilly in parts and then you had to go a up a hill to get there....it is on of those little surprises that the highest is the Hawthorns.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, November 4, 2011, 17:10:29 »

Isn't Boundary Park - Oldham the highest in the country?

It's the bloody coldest.

I remember freezing my tits off watching Hamdi Razak make his debut and nearly score a wonder goal.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, November 4, 2011, 17:58:31 »

I used to think Saltergate seemed like quite a high ground....Derbyshire being quite hilly in parts and then you had to go a up a hill to get there....it is on of those little surprises that the highest is the Hawthorns.
you'll find Chesterfield's new ground a disappointment then, the Tesco next to it is twice as big
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, November 4, 2011, 18:53:38 »

you'll find Chesterfield's new ground a disappointment then, the Tesco next to it is twice as big

Most new grounds are a bit of a disappointment, although not been to them all, a couple which might be an improvement are St Mary's and the MadStad....Shrewsbury's new ground being a typical examplenot a patch on the Gay Meadow.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, November 4, 2011, 21:45:02 »

It's the bloody coldest.

I remember freezing my tits off watching Hamdi Razak make his debut and nearly score a wonder goal.

It is indeed and generally for climate and surroundings I would counter also the bleakest.

Surprised about the Hawthornes, would never have guessed that the highest one would be in a city, incidentally the first ground I ever saw a game at when I was 4, WBA v Wolves (lad down the street was a Wolves fan and his gran took me along) - no recollection at all, second was a few weeks later Wolves v. Chelsea and remeber vividly as his gran led us from the ground straight into a running battle between fans - sticks in the mind.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: