Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: No Town boss decision today as discussions continue  (Read 20910 times)
News Monkey

« on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 06:00:03 »

No Town boss decision today as discussions continue

SWINDON Town are no closer to naming their new manager after the club’s board spent over four hours locked in talks yesterday, discussing a three-man shortlist.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/9032368.No_Town_boss_decision_today_as_discussions_continue/?ref=rss

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 06:15:00 »

They are at least 4 hours closer numbnuts.

Hope the delay is to thrash out the deal with the new man rather than because all the shortlist have now changed their minds!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 07:29:09 »

I reckon it is Hamann and the delay is due to the negotiations with Leicester about releasing him from his contract with them.

Dont think we will hear anything until tomorrow or Friday!
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 07:47:46 »

I reckon it is Hamann and the delay is due to the negotiations with Leicester about releasing him from his contract with them.

Dont think we will hear anything until tomorrow or Friday!

Surely this would have been agreed when asking Leicester for permission to speak to him??
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 07:51:52 »

Nah Mr L - I think they ask permission and then talk

I guess they would only talk to Leicester about compo when they established Hamman was the man they wanted.

To do it up front would be a waste of time if they then interviewed him and didn't want him

The amount of compo would be no different whether it was decided before or after would it ?  And I guess (now the season is over) the Leicester people would need to have a meeting to decide how much they want ?  This could possibly be the hold up ?

Wise men say........
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 07:52:59 »

3 man short list.....?? Didi, DiCanio and Trollope..... Hmmm

Bathtime
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 07:55:38 »

Surely this would have been agreed when asking Leicester for permission to speak to him??

Who knows!  I reckon they would have been given a rough figure.  

I reckon they agreed who the favoured candidate was yesterday, and today will be spent making an offer, negotiating the details as in salary, budget, release fee (if Hamann), make up of the backroom staff.

I expect an announcement late today or tomorrow.  
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 07:58:29 »

Nah Mr L - I think they ask permission and then talk

I guess they would only talk to Leicester about compo when they established Hamman was the man they wanted.

To do it up front would be a waste of time if they then interviewed him and didn't want him

The amount of compo would be no different whether it was decided before or after would it ?  And I guess (now the season is over) the Leicester people would need to have a meeting to decide how much they want ?  This could possibly be the hold up ?

I was probably just clutching at straws then. In any case I hope it's Di Canio!!
radicalbyte

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 08:12:38 »

Surely Didi'll have some sort of release clause built in were he to be offered a management position?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 08:14:57 »

i think the board are not universally behind the candidate wray wants to appoint.hence why it's taking time. Have a horrible feeling that man is di canio.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 08:25:04 »

Well, we'll find out in the next day or so.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 08:26:41 »

If only Hamann could just give 4 weeks notice like everyone else... would save us some ££'s

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 08:40:44 »

i think the board are not universally behind the candidate wray wants to appoint.hence why it's taking time. Have a horrible feeling that man is di canio.

Fear not DiCanio is going to manage Bristol Rovers and I believe things need to be sorted with Leceister before we get our man. Failing that there is a disagreement about the merits of hiring Trollope

Bathtime
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 08:43:40 »

Fear not DiCanio is going to manage Bristol Rovers and I believe things need to be sorted with Leceister before we get our man. Failing that there is a disagreement about the merits of hiring Trollope

Buckle will be the new Rovers boss.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 08:55:57 »

As predicted.....it will drag on and on..

Clems Army!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: