Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Walsall Matchday Thread  (Read 20627 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #285 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 12:02:16 »

Simpson is a better footballer.
Davison is a better team player.
Definately this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 12:10:16 »

I don't think Simpson is a better footballer myself. Davison has better skill, movement, awareness and is better in the air.

Simpson has superior physique and so power. Maybe will score more goals as he progresses, maybe not.

Both are kind of complimentary to each other

I have to say early on I though the loss of Simpson to how the team performs was going to be far greater than the gains made with Davison. Recently we've found a way that works to nullify that loss.

Sign them both up!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 12:15:42 »

Never underestimate how scoring the first goal changes things. Once Walsall realised they had to score they went to bits and we tore them a new one.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 12:32:08 »

There is some guy who started sitting in the middle of the DRS row Z that continues to talk bollocks every game moaning.
For Davision two lay offs, he started spouting ''why'' until he realised we scored and changes his tune. The negative shit this guy spouts out gives me and others a headache.

No one gives a flying dump that you want Garner sacked when were five goals up or how been ripping of your mates while giving them loans.

If you are the person reading this, then shut the fuck up.  Cheesy

So wished they never put row Z back in a few years back.  Grin

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 12:35:17 »

Simpson did convert me. but for me Davison has the bigger impact for the rest of the team. if we had both of them available I would be starting Davison- although he hasnt scored as many (yet) he has been massively involved every game he has played and not gone missing which Simpson did in a number of home games. maybe unfair to judge Simpson on that if he had played 4 at the back but who knows
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 12:44:57 »

Obviously this.

The need for change was criticism aimed at Garner. A lot of people laughing at all the ‘Garner out’ posters but I don’t think many out right said they wanted Garner sacked.

The large majority were asking for adaptation and change. Proof Garner could do it…

He has answered those critics in the best possible way…

Do they care though? Do they even understand what the frustrations with Garners tactics were?

I feel like if you understood the complaints and understand the tactical changes that have been made then you'd have to realise that the complainers had a point.

People mocking others for moaning have to be just clueless on tactics,  clueless on the point that was being made, or both.

It's the same brand of cluelessness that would mock people for saying Power Out because we had a win. Every single time we won you'd hear some twat who thinks he is really clever talk about "The Power Out mob" being quiet on one form of socials or another.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 12:57:40 »

I don't think Simpson is a better footballer myself. Davison has better skill, movement, awareness and is better in the air.

Simpson has superior physique and so power. Maybe will score more goals as he progresses, maybe not.

Both are kind of complimentary to each other

I have to say early on I though the loss of Simpson to how the team performs was going to be far greater than the gains made with Davison. Recently we've found a way that works to nullify that loss.

Sign them both up!

The change in formation has helped Davison (stating the obvious I know) he’s not as isolated as Simpson was. I don’t think we’d have got more out of Davison playing 352 as we did Simpson but then I don’t think Simpson would offer us as much as Davison does in 433
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 13:07:39 »

Fair play to Garner. My main complaint was that he was making the same mistakes over and over and showing no sign of improving. He's given himself a kick up the ass and pulled his finger out on that. We're no longer exclusively playing short and moving the ball a lot quicker.  Really pleasing to see.

The new formation is a revelation as well. The two best parts about it is  1. It is allowing Barry, Davison and McKirdy to all play and get the best out of all three and 2. We look a lot better with two centre-backs vs three. Not to finish on a negative for it, but I can't help feel that the lack of Conroy has been a positive thing. I don't rate him and hope he doesn't walk straight back in to the side given how others are performing.

The only real thing I still have a concern about is Garners game management and the ability to hold a lead when we have to. Thankfully we put Walsall to the sword last night so it was irrelevant, but what about when we've only managed one and it gets in to the later stages of the game? I don't want to see a repeat of the Exeter game which was an absolute farce. Those criticisms are still valid and are a worry. Especially if we get in to the play offs and come up against a shrewd team with good gamesmanship.

I thought Davison was a huge downgrade on Simpson initially, but he has shown his value in the last few games for sure. If we had the luxury of choosing, I'd probably still favour Simpson but the reality is we don't and I'm a lot more comfortable with our forward personnel now. Still wonder what we do with injuries. Will Parsons work replacing Davison?

Aguiar is class and should be a regular starter for us now. He's outperformed Gladwin, in my opinion. No idea what his contract situation is but get him signed up ASAP if it runs out soon. The reality is no matter what league we're in, we'll be looking at a reasonable turnover of players in the summer and he is one we definitely want to keep.

Holy fuck we've missed Reed as well. Suspect he's another we'll do well to keep.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #293 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 13:37:49 »

Was interested by the attendance last night, 9,840 in total with just 214 from Walsall making it 9,626 home fans at the game.

Thats out biggest Tuesday night league attendance since Tuesday January 26th 2010 against now Premier League Leeds United, that night there was an attendance of 14,508 with 11,172 home fans there.

We beat Pompey 5-0 in front of 11,381 on Tuesday the 1st January 2013 but it was a Bank Holiday game so played in the afternoon. Even on a Bank Holiday we only had 9,877 home fans at the game and that was when we were 5th in League 1 under PdC.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 13:45:26 »

Was interested by the attendance last night, 9,840 in total with just 214 from Walsall making it 9,626 home fans at the game.

Thats out biggest Tuesday night league attendance since Tuesday January 26th 2010 against now Premier League Leeds United, that night there was an attendance of 14,508 with 11,172 home fans there.

We beat Pompey 5-0 in front of 11,381 on Tuesday the 1st January 2013 but it was a Bank Holiday game so played in the afternoon. Even on a Bank Holiday we only had 9,877 home fans at the game and that was when we were 5th in League 1 under PdC.

I only thought there were about 8k or so last night based on the Arkells spaces and those around me in the DR.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 14:48:04 »

Certainly doesn't look like nearly 10k.
A view from the away end.....

Crackity Jones

« Reply #296 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 15:00:02 »

I think it may have been on the LS pod, but someone made the point that going to 4 at the back and having one less defender has coincided with less fannying about across the back because there is one player less to pass to. I think there is some mileage in that.

Loving the Tomlinson, Iandolo and Barry triumvirate down the left. All on the same wavelength.  Having Davison at the top of that front 3 and bringing Harry and Barry into play is working a treat at the moment. Davison's hold up play last night was exceptional.

Great to have Reed back to his best. Pre his sending off, I felt his form had dipped but he is right back on it. Aguiar looks to be a find. It's gonna be interesting when Payne is back fit - a nice selection dilemma for Garner.

The keeper and back 4 pick themselves at the moment I think. Conroy is going to have to work hard to force his way back in. Same for Adimayo.

On to Salford. Let's hope we can keep this little run going; especially at home

Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 15:20:27 »

Certainly doesn't look like nearly 10k.
A view from the away end.....

I would have to disagree. Where I sit in the DRS there wasn’t a spare seat. The DRS felt very busy. Looking at the arkells that was as well (away end excluded). townend was also busy. I would have said the attendance was spot on
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 15:27:32 »

Bournemouth at home in 1987 we'll that's another story😀 14,300 more like 24,000 look how's rammed the Townend was!

« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 15:35:34 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 15:35:16 »

I also didn't think it looked like the attendance that was announced. It was reasonably empty where I sat, more so than usual. I guess they count all ticket sales?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: