Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre-season matches 22-23  (Read 78304 times)
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 20:09:09 »

Thought Cowmeadow and Dworzak looked bright today. Imagine Cowmeadow will be involved this season in one way or another.

Imo the right back trialist looked good in the first half, but faded in second half when moved to a right sided centre half. Judging by earlier posts on here, he was Replaced by son of Adam Hart, Sonny.  Guessing that was just a case of giving the lad a feel for first team football. Harries seemed quite vocal throughout to the younger lads which was good. Darcy didn’t alot for me, runs about a lot but that’s all I really saw of him, centre half Joshua a unit, but again, wasn’t that impressed. No idea where Iandolo was today?

Was some of those players first game since Vale so not shocked by performance or result. But Yeah, it was quite poor for large parts and there’s a lot of work to be done in next 3 weeks. Not rocket science we are 8 or so bodies short for this squad. Like to think we get 5 or so more in before the start of the season (starting XI quality, not squad fillers) and then fill gaps in as we go.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 20:09:52 »

Side note- football Phil was in fine form telling people in his way to sit down. Also, Adam hart is an absolute beast of a man. Him, Zav, Sandro and Swindon town Dave all in the same shot below- stfc royalty  Cheesy

* 5EA09CD2-B6DD-4475-A1AC-97500C977E32.jpeg (121.38 KB, 364x1048 - viewed 335 times.)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 20:17:22 »

I did hear Angus said that Payne’s agent wants too much money

If not us he will head to Crawley i reckon.
That would be a real kick in the bollocks. Can only hope he signs as we could all do with a lift.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 20:19:42 »

If not us he will head to Crawley i reckon.
That would be a real kick in the bollocks. Can only hope he signs as we could all do with a lift.

Crawley? Seriously, wow, not much in the way professional ambition if that is the case.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 20:21:26 »

Crawley? Seriously, wow, not much in the way professional ambition if that is the case.

You know they're minted right?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 20:26:50 »

They are paying absolutely mental money.
Totally agree by the way, would be no ambition playing for them.
Not sustainable either.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 20:31:53 »

From ‘up top’ the money we have offered JP is top half L1 wages. However, clubs in these positions don’t think he is good enough or has the potential to improve. Therefore, they won’t pay the wage. Clubs in the lower part of L1 think he is good enough, but won’t pay the wage.

It looks like it’s us of Crawley. Their new owner is chucking money at an attempt to get out of the division.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #202 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 21:01:56 »

From ‘up top’ the money we have offered JP is top half L1 wages. However, clubs in these positions don’t think he is good enough or has the potential to improve. Therefore, they won’t pay the wage. Clubs in the lower part of L1 think he is good enough, but won’t pay the wage.

It looks like it’s us of Crawley. Their new owner is chucking money at an attempt to get out of the division.
add that to we were going to offer Samba a deal then all is not lost with the budget
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 21:22:02 »

Sounds like Jack Payne needs an agent that works in Jack Payne’s interests, rather than his own.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 21:23:27 »

Lindsey confirmed the players played today purposely fatigued as part of the pre season training plan, which can explain why we would be out of sorts. Have heard of this occurring early in pre season before.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 05:17:16 »

Lindsey confirmed the players played today purposely fatigued as part of the pre season training plan, which can explain why we would be out of sorts. Have heard of this occurring early in pre season before.

This is exactly why pre-season games should never be used as a ‘league’ barometer…. Their purpose is not to get promoted, it’s to get fit and ‘gel’ as a unit under pressure….

« Last Edit: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 05:21:03 by @MacPhlea » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 07:02:25 »

....although its not very often a league team won't score and will get beaten by lowly opposition.

P.S. I'm not melting down, but I was surprised to see the final score. Still think there will be a couple of more experienced players coming into the squad. Just need to wait for them to run out of offers elsewhere first!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 08:06:26 »

....although its not very often a league team won't score and will get beaten by lowly opposition.

P.S. I'm not melting down, but I was surprised to see the final score. Still think there will be a couple of more experienced players coming into the squad. Just need to wait for them to run out of offers elsewhere first!

“And when I heard Swindon came in for me, well, it was a no brainer, massive club going places” etc, etc.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 08:17:29 »

Personally, I don’t give a flying one about the result. But, what’s a bit more worrying than not being able to score from numerous opportunities is the fact we shipped 2 goals.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 08:20:54 »

I don't really buy the fatigue thing.

Yes they're tired, and yes it's hot.

But we're playing a side (4?) tiers below us, and players only playing a half each.

Dress it up however we want, and I know the result doesn't REALLY matter, but we should still be winning comfortably.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: