Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29316 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #315 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 16:57:56 »

Att: 2,977 (1,041 Swindon).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #316 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 16:59:22 »

In 2 games vs Creepy this season we had a total of 42 shots and just 2 goals.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 17:01:26 »

Att: 2,977 (1,041 Swindon).

Jeez that's non-league. How do we consistently fail against this lot?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #318 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 17:05:44 »

Jeez that's non-league. How do we consistently fail against this lot?
Sad

WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 17:07:04 »

If we don’t go up this season, That game is the perfect example of why. Even when not at our best we can still clearly be a better side than a vast majority of teams in the division, but we end up losing through self inflicted problems:

Intentionally over playing it when we don’t need to (both in the final third and in defence). McKirdy shooting when it’s never on and a pass is better, and then others fucking up in front of goal when he does eventually pass. And the the one that really does my nut, our insistence to play for fouls all the time..

People going on about badly missing Reed today….Reed/East wasn’t the difference today. East did a fine job. In any case Reed isn’t on the pitch because he fucking dived needlessly (shock horror, trying to buy a foul) on Tuesday night. He went missing last time after getting sent off when not even on the fucking pitch (again, from moaning at the ref for not giving us fouls).

The refs in this league are too shit to pick up on every genuine foul we play for, so we end up chucking ourselves on the deck at every opportunity which just exacerbates the problem. In my opinion we’re plenty good enough to not need to rely on it the way we seem to be coached for.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 17:10:37 »

Garner:
- Did incredibly well to ONLY score 1
- There were moments where we werent good enough. That lost us the game
- Started well, but then got complacent
- Wasnt happy at 1/2 time
- Reaction was good
- How we haven't scored 3 or 4 I dont know
- Then we give a goal away from a throw in.
- The last goal is poor game management. We roll the ball out when we should have hit long
- Not enough intensity in our defending
- Felt that we slowed the game down before they scored their first
- Missed opportunity today
- No particular messages to back four. Just too many lapses. Its a mentality thing. Tuesday was fantastic but today wasnt at that level
- Aguiar: Picked team that I thought was right with them having a back 5. Tactically we were ok. It wasnt a personnel or shape issue it was an intensity one
- We were so far ahead before they scored and again in control after Davison's goal. We should have won
- Gladwin is still weeks away. Training on the pitch after the game.
- Will analyse the preparation and then look at it as a collective
- Missed opportunity today. Got to make sure it doesnt cost us later in the season

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 17:12:23 »

Schoolboy errors then.
Today's attendances

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/fixtures/_/date/2021000319

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 17:13:11 »

If we don’t go up this season, That game is the perfect example of why. Even when not at our best we can still clearly be a better side than a vast majority of teams in the division, but we end up losing through self inflicted problems:

Intentionally over playing it when we don’t need to (both in the final third and in defence). McKirdy shooting when it’s never on and a pass is better, and then others fucking up in front of goal when he does eventually pass. And the the one that really does my nut, our insistence to play for fouls all the time..

People going on about badly missing Reed today….Reed/East wasn’t the difference today. East did a fine job. In any case Reed isn’t on the pitch because he fucking dived needlessly (shock horror, trying to buy a foul) on Tuesday night. He went missing last time after getting sent off when not even on the fucking pitch (again, from moaning at the ref for not giving us fouls).

The refs in this league are too shit to pick up on every genuine foul we play for, so we end up chucking ourselves on the deck at every opportunity which just exacerbates the problem. In my opinion we’re plenty good enough to not need to rely on it the way we seem to be coached for.

We did miss Reed today, any team would in this league.  East did play well, but that is not the point - take a (min) Lge 1 player out of a Lge 2 side and you are going to miss him.

However I agree that Reed wasn't the reason we lost today, that sits with the defensive line and the chances missed.  You can badly miss a player in a side irrelevant of whether the gap that he left in the team wasn't the reason for the loss.  He might not have won us the game today, but if you are saying that we didn't miss him at all then I am not sure what you have been watching.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 17:23:13 »

If Cooper and Tomlinson had been fit I think promotion was likely. Is there any chance that Tomlinson might be able to play a bit before the end of the season?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 17:27:20 »

funnily enough I'm 99% sure Hawes said he thought Tomlinson was close..

let's hope that's right
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 17:28:44 »

let's hope that's right

Would make a massive difference if he is fit.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 17:29:44 »

let's hope that's right

It thought he was the one Garner was alluding to as being a maybe for today after the Sutton game…
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 17:31:27 »

yeah me too DV.

then I heard Gladwin was at Crawley ...

But then Garner says Gladders is weeks away, and Hawes mentioned Tomlinson
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 17:35:01 »

I thought Garner had said both Tomlinson & Barry were close
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 17:36:39 »

We did miss Reed today, any team would in this league.  East did play well, but that is not the point - take a (min) Lge 1 player out of a Lge 2 side and you are going to miss him.

However I agree that Reed wasn't the reason we lost today, that sits with the defensive line and the chances missed.  You can badly miss a player in a side irrelevant of whether the gap that he left in the team wasn't the reason for the loss.  He might not have won us the game today, but if you are saying that we didn't miss him at all then I am not sure what you have been watching.

I’ll be honest I’m confused what point you’re making. You seem to be disagreeing by agreeing with me.

We didn’t not win that game because Reed wasn’t on the pitch. There will be times where Reed is the difference. But today wasn’t one of them. We’re more than a one man team.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: