Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris Dancing  (Read 39960 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 13:01:53 »

I don’t know exactly, but given the professional organisations he’ll have been accustomed to across his career I can easily imagine Morris getting frustrated with the amateur omnishambles of an organisation we appear to be.

Element of caveat emptor to that, though

His own inexperience may well be on display as well - I wonder if he asked sufficiently probing questions about the club before taking the job?  I interview a lot of people who ask very limited questions - depending on the candidate I may help prompt them if I think they have potential, but it's tough to get into the interviewee's head and ensure both sides are ready to make the leap fully informed.

I honestly think he didn't know to expect a lot of what he has found.

In time he will adjust - somethings he will be able to influence and improve, others he will identify as being the "norm" for this level.  Under Power, didn't we once use and actual Bus?  I suppose at least it wasn't a case of leaving the players to work out the timetable, maps and dab for payment.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 13:05:09 »

His own inexperience may well be on display as well - I wonder if he asked sufficiently probing questions about the club before taking the job?  I interview a lot of people who ask very limited questions - depending on the candidate I may help prompt them if I think they have potential, but it's tough to get into the interviewee's head and ensure both sides are ready to make the leap fully informed.

I honestly think he didn't know to expect a lot of what he has found.

In time he will adjust - somethings he will be able to influence and improve, others he will identify as being the "norm" for this level.  Under Power, didn't we once use and actual Bus?  I suppose at least it wasn't a case of leaving the players to work out the timetable, maps and dab for payment.

I think we had a double decker for Ipswich away where Twine scored the wonder goal.

Seem to remember someone saying the pre-departure meal was cereal and toast!

Coming from a decade of money no object at Cobham to STFC is probably a major factor in him wearing the expression of a recently captured hostage most of the time.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 13:10:24 »

Its okay because Clem (who seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth) wants Premier League thinking from all at the club.  Huh?

Sadly needed a piss at HT on Tuesday, the urinals in the DRS dont look like theyve been cleaned all season... the club are running such a frugal ship were reluctant to splash out on a bottle of bleach it would appear... buy your STs though.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 13:26:31 »

We were flying home from games in 1963...

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 15:44:49 »

Getting the 'it's not my fault' in early now I see.  Roll Eyes

...albeit constantly bitching to the media ain't gonna help anyone.

He's hardly 'bitching' though is he Horlock? He's just stating it as it is. For professional level footy, it's not the best preparation to be travelling up on a coach on the morning of the match.

Even at the shitty level I played at we had the occasional overnight Premier Inn/BnB when we played a team a hundred plus miles away. Training the Friday morning for those who could make it, then travel up and a lighter session in the afternoon/early evening. Rest up, couple of jars and then ready for what from memory would be an 11am ish KO

Bigger question is, are the club really that skint to not afford an overnight stay; fair enough trimming it from two nights [Fri and Sat] to one but to not afford it all all is 'not the best preparation'.

Surprised at how some have responded in a way that this makes Morris a cunt for stating the bleeding obvious. It's not like he's expected the club to put everyone up in the Ritz for the weekend, flown to the nearest airport to the ground, whilst getting transferred via individual gold plated Bentleys but you'd be forgiven for thinking that is the type of thing that was stated.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 19:32:05 »

Its not ideal travelling on the day of the game though is it

140 odd miles on a coach the morning of the game
It's a fucking friendly.  I'd rather them save the cash for next year.

Perhaps if he'd won a few more games then the club may have found the cash for hotels.  Wouldnt surprise me if he starts blaming a lack of funds for not paying any bonuses next.  

He needs to decide whether he wants to manage a div 4 football team or be an u23 coach with unlimited resources.   In short stop fucking moaning and get on with it.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 19:37:24 by Pookemon » Logged
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 19:32:42 »

From the outside looking in it appears Clem is doing everything on the cheap.

Not that we should waste money- but to travel as far as Crewe on the day of the game is ridiculous
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 19:35:16 »

Does Clem have any silent investors or is he a one man band🤔

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 19:43:45 »

It's a fucking friendly.  I'd rather them save the cash for next year.

He needs to decide whether he wants to manage a div 4 football or be an u23 coach with unlimited resources.   In short stop fucking moaning and get on with it.

Talk about blowing it out of proportion you daft cunt. Have you even watched the presser? He says it quite casually in context of talking about preparation for the next game. There is a bit of a mountain out of a molehill being made here from some posters.

In simple terms, this isn't what a professional level football club should be needing to do to save money...why? Because a ''saving'' like this in football terms is like us finding a fucking tenner in our jeans  before washing them - nice but it's not going to change the dynamic of our social and disposable lifestyle in the long term. Save the money for next season....haha ffs that kind of cost cutting wouldn't even cover Scott Lindsay's annual BrylCreem bill  Soapy Tit Wank

Ergo, if the club needs to do this then they're really are skint as fook - and it should be slightly worrying that they can't do things properly on the whole.

Anyway, where the fuck is Mr.Orange? I'm blaming him for stirring this pot, the naughty little so and so  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 19:44:50 »

Does Clem have any silent investors or is he a one man band🤔

Seemingly one man with a perished elastic band  Girl Giggle

'Incessant Nonsense'

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 19:46:06 »

Seemingly one man with a perished elastic band  Girl Giggle

🤣

So, give no fucks
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 20:15:26 »

From the outside looking in it appears Clem is doing everything on the cheap.

Not that we should waste money- but to travel as far as Crewe on the day of the game is ridiculous

I think there’s little doubt that the behind the scenes stuff is being run on an absolute shoestring budget.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 21:19:32 »

Clem is the last man Standing
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 21:25:50 »

Clem is the last man Standing

You must be taking the Michael  Girl Giggle

'Incessant Nonsense'

Outsider83

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 22:47:45 »

If the club is as skint as it appears then how is morris going to get these players he clearly needs?

He’s a very moany person that can be seen already. Don’t think I’ve seen him smile once in an interview win lose or draw.

That feeds into others. Cheer up ffs.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: