Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon official match day thread  (Read 51371 times)
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 12:08:26 »

Our opponents on Tuesday, Stevenage, (who had a good win yesterday vs MKD) have cancelled the supporters club coach for Tuesdays game as they only sold 3....yes 3 tickets!

Jesus. I remember Macclesfield bringing 38 down for a Saturday league game years ago. Looks as if they’ll be in that sort of territory in the week.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 12:16:10 »

How did Taylor do as the holding CM yesterday? I think Wellens is probably right to play Iandolo at left back if it allows the back four to play with a higher line.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #257 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 12:30:59 »

Jesus. I remember Macclesfield bringing 38 down for a Saturday league game years ago. Looks as if they’ll be in that sort of territory in the week.
Back in 85 Hartlepool brought 3 away fans for a midday kick off on a Sunday.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 12:35:39 »

I thought he was a bit of a passenger.  A better team would have exploited him.  For me he just drops back too deep to do much by way of protecting the back four.  As it was he was given an easier ride so did ok.  Plus MCourt had a good game.  It's clear he is being used for that blend of experience and dead balls.  The latter were poor yesterday though.  The former is tough to know as a fan, we cant really see the impact until they are missing I guess.

Someone ran past him yesterday and he couldn't even keep up sufficiently to foul them properly.  To be fair to him MCourt had the same thing happen and his attempt was so blatant the ref had a word even though he had failed to lay a finger on the player.

Overall the jury would still be out if yesterday was his only game there, but he has had other opportunities and the problems outweigh the benefits.  Iandolo did well but I think he is a bigger risk than Taylor against a better team.  I suppose much will rely on having the midfielders available.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 15:53:25 by RobertT » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #259 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 12:38:56 »

I agree with what Rob says totally. He looked ok but not very good in the role.

If he is in just because of his dead ball delivery then he can't justify his place as yesterday every one was a really poor delivery from corners and free kicks, so much so that Alzate took most later on in the game.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 12:42:58 »

Taylor was fine yesterday. He could score a hat-trick at the Kassam and I expect Rob would still savage him on here after.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 13:20:47 »

Great result.  Really pleased for Wellens.

Presumably the people who wanted him sacked after last Saturday are now hailing him as our most successful (50% win rate) ever manager.  Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #262 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 13:23:41 »

Great result.  Really pleased for Wellens.

Presumably the people who wanted him sacked after last Saturday are now hailing him as our most successful (50% win rate) ever manager.  Smiley
Flitcroft, Ling, Sturrock, Wise and PdC have all 50% or higher Wink

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 14:35:51 »

I would add Bayo to that too, for 85 mins he ran them ragged winning loads of balls played up to him, he is so hit and miss, one week looks a promising star of the future the next he looks like he has never seen a football in his life.

I would add that if he knew a booking would lead to a suspension,  why keep fouling after the ref gave him ample warnings? He had a good game,  but that was stupid.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 14:37:25 »

I thought he was a bit of a passenger.  A better team would have exploited him.  For me he he just drops back too deep to do much by way of protecting the back four.  As it was he was given an easier ride so did ok.  Plus MCourt had a good game.  It's clear he is being used for that blend of experience and dead balls.  The latter were poor yesterday though.  The former is tough to know as a fan, we cant really see the impact until they are missing I guess.

Someone ran past him yesterday and he couldn't even keep up sufficiently to foul them properly.  To be fair to him MCourt had th e same thing happen and his attempt was so blatant the ref have had a word even though he had failed to lay a finger on the player.

Overall the jury would still be out if yesterday was his only game there, but he has had other opportunities and the problems outweigh the benefits.  Iandolo did well but I think he is a bigger risk than Taylor against a better team.  I suppose much will rely on having the midfielders available.

Thanks.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #265 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 14:41:45 »

I would add that if he knew a booking would lead to a suspension,  why keep fouling after the ref gave him ample warnings? He had a good game,  but that was stupid.
I agree, there was no need at all for his booking or the numerous fouls he gave away late on, I think you have to put it down to his inexperience, it was very stupid of him.

Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 15:17:28 »

Our opponents on Tuesday, Stevenage, (who had a good win yesterday vs MKD) have cancelled the supporters club coach for Tuesdays game as they only sold 3....yes 3 tickets!

That’s a shame, I was considering catching it!
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 15:45:36 »

Sometimes those 5th bookings are deliberate because the player doesn’t fancy / has been told to sit out a Tuesday game, and that could be the case here I suppose.

But, although he’s nothing special, with the lack of presence up front there isn’t a good time to lose him at the moment.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 15:47:47 »

Sometimes those 5th bookings are deliberate because the player doesn’t fancy / has been told to sit out a Tuesday game, and that could be the case here I suppose.

But, although he’s nothing special, with the lack of presence up front there isn’t a good time to lose him at the moment.

That would explain the constant niggling fouls.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 16:19:17 »

Flitcroft, Ling, Sturrock, Wise and PdC have all 50% or higher Wink

Maybe there is an arguement for a win ratio to be split three ways.

1) full season
2) half season
3) part season as in under a half season.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: