Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Amazon Flex  (Read 2766 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Thursday, October 12, 2023, 17:31:58 »

Anyone delivered amazon parcels via this? Any advice guidance?

Seems a good way to earn a bit of extra cash in an evening especially upto christmas.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 12, 2023, 19:05:43 »

It sounds a great way to earn extra cash but I’m intrigued to know what they pay per parcel and is it worthwhile after you pay for fuel etc. Also I would imagine you would have to pay extra on your vehicle insurance.

So, give no fucks
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 12, 2023, 19:20:51 »

I've done it, although that was about 2 years ago now.

It's quite simple how it works, you check the app for work 'slots' and then effectively book the slot, turn up to the depot, load up and deliver the parcels. Everything is set up for you route wise in the app so it's all fairly straightforward. You get paid different amounts for different slots, but heres where it gets a but shut, you will never know where you are actually delivering to until the roll the cage up to your car. So bare in mind that you've gone from home to South Marston to pick up, then you might be delivering in Bassett, if you cant deliver or leave a parcel for whatever reason then you have to take it back to the depot at the end of the run, so you could tank a lot of petrol.

I had a lot of fun doing it though, to be fair. I did it upto Xmas so there was always slots going. Sometimes I got a plum 6 drops just going out to the farms outside town.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 13, 2023, 09:08:38 »

Is it literally just pick and choice what you want to do? Is the amount paid per block or per delivery?

Any other downsides?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 13, 2023, 16:30:00 »

You pick and choose from timed slots. I think you can only book a certain amount at any one time tho. You are paid per block rather than per drop. I wish I still had access to the app as I could screen shot stuff to show you, I’m a bit shit at explaining anything
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 20, 2023, 21:31:08 »

As this is a second job and is classed as self employed, how does it work with HMRC? Looked on their website, but not easy to find any info.

For a second job, do I have to declare everything? Can you earn a certain amount before declaring?

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 21, 2023, 03:55:25 »

You'll need to register for self assessment.
The total income from main & 2nd job will be taxable.
It's worth working out if the 2nd income will push you into the higher tax bracket.

The online tax return is easy to fill out.
All of the numbers from the main job should be there already, just keep a record of earnings as a sole trader plus expenses as they could be used to offset. Not all expenses will qualify though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
MCRRed

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 21, 2023, 07:17:29 »

As this is a second job and is classed as self employed, how does it work with HMRC? Looked on their website, but not easy to find any info.

For a second job, do I have to declare everything? Can you earn a certain amount before declaring?

I’ve just signed up so looked into this. You have a trading allowance which allows you to make up to £1000 tax-free per year without telling HMRC to help those just setting up or people with side hustles. Flex is meant to supplement income not be a full time job so it depends how much you want to do and whether you’d get over that tax threshold (£1000 up to the end of the tax year - April 2024). Hope this helps.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 21, 2023, 08:01:10 »

Thanks. That's what I thought.

Do you still register with the HMRC?

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 21, 2023, 11:50:56 »

I’m assuming that if you earned over £50,250 combined you would then pay 40% tax. Also the £1000 you are able to earn with Amazon without paying any tax is separate from the £1000 allowance you get on normal savings.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 21, 2023, 11:51:42 »

or 500 for 40%ers
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 21, 2023, 12:02:55 »

That as well🤣

So, give no fucks
Pages: [1]   Go Up