Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Wigan - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 59025 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:26:54 »

He's not "just stood his ground" though has he, he's turned and basically bent over like some sort of human umbrella.

I thought it was obstruction, which used to be indirect free kick in the box but I'm not sure if this is still the case.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:30:02 »

Being a full house today, I really hope some of those 'fans' come back.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:31:43 »

Brilliant afternoon. Really nice to actually turn in a performance with a packed ground.

The ref was shite. I thought both the Connell and Caddis incidents were penalties, probably more so the Connell one.

Wigan also should have been down to 10. Their number 6 was on a booking, went late on Caddis and the ref played advantage. Ok, the play went on for a while but he still should have called it back. At the first opportunity Martinez then subbed him off.

Really pleased for Connell too. Worked hard and thoroughly deserved his goal.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:32:51 »

Thought Connell should've had a blatant pen as well. Saying that Wigan should've been down to 10 men, as Thomas should've been sent off for two bookings, who was then taken off.

It was a bit like the Hudders game when they tried to pass, pass, pass but they got nowhere.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:33:26 »

Yeah, Hendry Thomas was a very lucky boy. Between that and one/two penalties, I think we deserved an offside goal!
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:35:06 »

That was brilliant.

Connell was brilliant i though, pity he got subbed off but you could see he was knackered.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:35:21 »

Thought magera did ok when he came on.

It wasnt a popular sub, one bloke behind us went absolutely mental when he came on. Just what the guy needs that is..

Fair play to the woman that told him to shut his fucking trap, he was doing my head in
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:39:39 »

I'll admit I was a bit apprehensive at Magera coming on but he put in a good shift, held the ball up well and helped us waste some valuable seconds at the end. EVERYONE contributed today.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:40:03 »

I thought Wigan's game plan was to send us all to sleep after the first 10 minutes!
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:40:50 »

Being a full house today, I really hope some of those 'fans' come back.

You are welcome back any time, we need all the fans we can get.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #385 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:40:56 »

I thought it was obstruction, which used to be indirect free kick in the box but I'm not sure if this is still the case.

Obstruction hardly exists any more

Nemo I could flick through the recording for a closer look and freeze frame but I can't be arsed Smiley
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:42:22 »

Thought magera did ok when he came on.

It wasnt a popular sub, one bloke behind us went absolutely mental when he came on. Just what the guy needs that is..

Fair play to the woman that told him to shut his fucking trap, he was doing my head in

I couldn't understand why Connell came off as he was holding the ball up well. But fair play to Magera, he played well when he came on.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:43:43 »

I couldn't understand why Connell came off as he was holding the ball up well. But fair play to Magera, he played well when he came on.

We arguably have a bigger if lower key game on Tuesday
stfcinbmth

« Reply #388 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:44:19 »

Might have to wander up the shop to get some more San Miguel soon, they are going down too well Pint
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:45:48 »

You are welcome back any time, we need all the fans we can get.

I have to pick and choose unfortunately due to money. It wasn't a dig at anyone, just hope people realise what a good team PDC is creating.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: