Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Wigan - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 58996 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 13:19:02 »

Our odds are shortening dramatically, we're pretty much the same to win as Wigan are.

Personally, I'm going to lump money on Wigan because if we win I'll be too happy to care.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 13:20:09 »

I saw 7/4 for Wigan earlier, can't believe they're so high.
But I just can't bet on them.

I've put £2 on Swindon to win 3-1 Smiley
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 13:20:43 »

We are favourites on Betfair. Madness.

Edit: gambling with my newly paid in Student Loan. That's what it's meant to be used for right?  Cheesy

Tenner on Wigan £19.60 profit
Tenner on over 2.5 goals £11.60 profit

Fairly confident on both counts, and if the first one doesn't come in I won't care.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 13:26:46 by Nemo » Logged
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 13:25:35 »

Gutted I can't be there, sure the atmosphere will be terrific. Not so confident about the result, see us losing by 2 or 3.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #64 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 13:31:49 »

We are favourites on Betfair. Madness.

Edit: gambling with my newly paid in Student Loan. That's what it's meant to be used for right?  Cheesy

Tenner on Wigan £19.60 profit
Tenner on over 2.5 goals £11.60 profit

Fairly confident on both counts, and if the first one doesn't come in I won't care.
I'm going to beat the fuck out of anyone who bets on a Wigan win - disloyal cunt.
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 13:33:37 »

:pint:sat in the legends now, it's packed, atmosphere is brilliant. Only Thing that's pissing me off is the bloke in a spurs shirt, this is the county ground not white hart lane.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #66 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 13:34:46 »

:pint:sat in the legends now, it's packed, atmosphere is brilliant. Only Thing that's pissing me off is the bloke in a spurs shirt, this is the county ground not white hart lane.
Go up to him and tell him to remove his shirt or you'll shove it up his rectum - fucking simple solution isn't it
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 13:36:15 »

I'm going to beat the fuck out of anyone who bets on a Wigan win - disloyal cunt.
Go up to him and tell him to remove his shirt or you'll shove it up his rectum - fucking simple solution isn't it

Happy bunny today aren't we!

I bet against Swindon quite regularly, I like having bets that I want to lose!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #68 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 13:41:44 »

I'll be happier later. On my way to the game now. 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #69 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 14:08:26 »

Town unchanged.

Swindon Town: Foderingham; Caddis (Capt), Flint, McCormack, Kennedy; Ritchie, Ferry, Smith J, De Vita; Connell, Murray
Subs: Smith P (GK), Benson, Cibocchi, Devera, Gabilondo, Magera, Thompson L

Wigan Athletic: Al Habsi, Caldwell, Lopez, Boyce, Mustoe, Watson, McArthur, Thomas, Maloney, McManaman, Di Santo.

Subs: Pollitt, Moses, Sammon, Gomez, Redmond, Dicko, Gohouri.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 14:17:29 by JJEdmunds » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #70 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 14:15:45 »

Some good comments from Roberto Martinez on the Wigan OS.

Roberto Martinez explained how this weekend's FA Cup Third Round tie away to Swindon Town presents him with a unique opportunity to make further assessments of his squad.

The Gaffer expects to make a number of changes from Tuesday night's defeat to Sunderland, and hopes the game will offer the chance for him to see some exciting talent ready to make an impression on all domestic fronts:

"The FA Cup competition is an important event for us and we want to approach it in the right manner," said Martinez.

"At the same time it's also a unique opportunity to see the youngsters at the club and players who haven't been playing as much football as they should have been.

"So it's a perfect opportunity to see how the squad is shaping up and discover new strengths we haven't yet seen in our league encounters."

Focussing on the opposition, the Gaffer showed his appreciation for the style and ethos Paolo Di Canio has brought to the County Ground as Manager, and expects Latics to face a tough challenge in trying to progress to the Fourth Round:

He said: "Swindon Town is a big club with great tradition, they've always had a great crowd behind them and I'm sure they'll create a typical FA Cup atmosphere.

"They've also got a very exciting team; they keep the ball well, love to keep possession and then have players who can win games, so they're a strong unit who are starting to develop a winning mentality in the league.

"We know it will be a tough test, and usually in these matches you have the 'home factor' which plays a big part that we'll have to be ready for.

"The players need to have a good understanding of the kind of team they'll face, but also go into the game looking to enjoy the moment because it's a big opportunity both from an individual point of view and for the collective."

santasdead

« Reply #71 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 14:19:12 »

Out on the piss with the one per ;)son who knows who our manager is. No chance ill get to watch the game now. Was planning to watch instead of get on the piss. I hope to get to work in the morning and see that we've won. Come on town!!! Ps: happy birthday mum Wink x
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 14:26:51 »

Wigan Athletic: Al Habsi, Caldwell, Lopez, Boyce, Mustoe, Watson, McArthur, Thomas, Maloney, McManaman, Di Santo.

Subs: Pollitt, Moses, Sammon, Gomez, Redmond, Dicko, Gohouri.

That's a fairly decent team from them. If their heart's in it, they should win comfortably...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #73 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 14:28:34 »

That's a fairly decent team from them. If their heart's in it, they should win comfortably...

Its is, its not the reserves they promised us! Smiley

Peter Venkman

« Reply #74 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 14:34:47 »

Jesus I am like a fucking kid, so excited!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: