Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford v Swindon Town pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 17460 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 18:37:22 »

The sooner we can slot FBT to LWB and drop Clayton in as LCB the better. FBT was pretty rank today... they ghosted past him in the box about three times in the last 10 mins.

Shade was fine at LWB and did some good covering but our system relies on someone swinging crosses in and he didn't.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 18:45:24 »

Quote from: Kaufman
Did Flynn give Andrew an interview after the game ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0gk3kdf?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 18:52:05 »

We are being fed complete bullshit- a competitive budget does not equal not being able to name 7 subs 2 games running and little in the way of bench options to come in when needed. No wonder the starting 11 look jaded.

Morfuni should put us up for sale/ look for investors as what he is prepared to put in money wise isn’t gonna get us out of this division. Fans aren’t going to be “conned” into renewing ST next year to watch another season in this god damn awful league

Spot on
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 18:59:27 »

We are being fed complete bullshit- a competitive budget does not equal not being able to name 7 subs 2 games running and little in the way of bench options to come in when needed. No wonder the starting 11 look jaded.

Morfuni should put us up for sale/ look for investors as what he is prepared to put in money wise isn’t gonna get us out of this division. Fans aren’t going to be “conned” into renewing ST next year to watch another season in this god damn awful league

About time the hierarchy listened to reactions like this.
Went to Notts County and just in from today. Every Club in this shite League have a bench to change games, we have fuck all and 2 of our best players loanees from clubs in our division.

No more bullshit about “competitive” budgets because we have one of the biggest revenue gate receipts in this league.
Bringing a rookie kid on with not enough players to fill it is an insult to the Manager and most of all us travelling fans that get off our arses and pay out a lot of money.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 19:01:56 »

Yeh but we* bought the ground and should be thankful
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 06:57:55 by tans » Logged
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 19:04:22 »

A frustrating watch.

As bad as Austin’s misses have been, he’s contributed plenty all over the pitch to help make the difference up until this week.
Reality is I can’t imagine anyone at the club was banking on Austin having to start every match for us so far and you wonder how much fatigue is interfering with his proven instinct in front of goal. It makes thinking about the sale of Wakeling incredibly frustrating in this moment in time. Obviously, keeping 4 fully fit and available strikers happy is the flip side of that.

The whole team looked knackered today though, just at a time when we’re facing a Bradford side hungry to impress. Squad depth is a real worry.

Two things I’ve not seen mentioned: Why bother bringing on genesini with 90 seconds to play? It really pisses me off when managers do this in losing positions. What the fuck are they expecting to achieve?!

Secondly, was it just me or were we slipping about far more than Bradford/usual? Noticed a number of our players losing the ball to slips. And it looked to me like Mahoney slipped trying to get back up after shipping the ball for the goal. May not have made the difference ultimately but just another thing that added to our slack output.

Postives, we still made chances that would often have seen us score. Still well within the right end of the table. Just frustrating that the last couple of performances aren’t much of a surprise given circumstances and it might continue for a while longer.

Bradford were shite, one of the poorest teams we have faced.
Austin needed to come off, we were way off the pace today, the most disappointing point of all we had nothing to change it.
Frustrated.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 19:05:13 »

About time the hierarchy listened to reactions like this.
Went to Notts County and just in from today. Every Club in this shite League have a bench to change games, we have fuck all and 2 of our best players loanees from clubs in our division.

No more bullshit about “competitive” budgets because we have one of the biggest revenue gate receipts in this league.
Bringing a rookie kid on with not enough players to fill it is an insult to the Manager and most of all us travelling fans that get off our arses and pay out a lot of money.

Really felt for the travelling fans today. Tip of the hat from me.

Such a flat performance and no ability to change the game with our joke of a bench.

A couple of injuries and we are in real danger of petering out. It is a threadbare strategy from Clem.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 19:05:28 »

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 19:28:25 »

Bradford were shite, one of the poorest teams we have faced.
Austin needed to come off, we were way off the pace today, the most disappointing point of all we had nothing to change it.
Frustrated.

Don’t think Bradford were shite, far from it.
They nullified us well.
Sure, they were more workman like than technical but still think they played well.
We certainly didn’t help ourselves but don’t feel our poor performance was purely down us.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 19:31:45 »

They nullified us well.
Sure, they were more workman like than technical but still think they played well.
We certainly didn’t help ourselves but don’t feel our poor performance was purely down us.

Agreed. Crawley were shite. Bradford worked hard for each other, out competed us in midfield and kept up a very solid press on the Swindon backline for most of the game. Their shape was solid. None of the clever stuff but all of the basics done well I thought.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 19:58:58 »

They nullified us well.

They were poor, sure won the aerial battles, that’s not difficult against a side that lacks height.
Had space and time all over the park. We had both wing backs free, unmarked most of the game but were ponderous and never got them into positions to hurt them.
RHM chance came from a solitary Hutton cross. Most of the game both him and Shade were completely free but we were choosing the wrong options most of the game.

Needed to get at least 3 players on today second half, we had nothing on the bench to change it. Bradford won’t make top 7.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 22:17:38 »

Really bad today. Looked flat, tired and out of ideas. Start of October and the squads looking extremely thin already. Who woulda thought this might happen…. Keeper makes another mistake leading to goal. Brewitt MOM for me- nobody else remotely close. Shade easy scapegoat as per usual. Austin was fucking awful. Missed two sitters and offered absolutely nothing else. Imagine if it was RHM or Shade who missed those two chances 😂. Mceachran rubbish today. Khan a clown for getting booked for gobbing off. Why didn’t we replace Wakeling? Painfully short upfront today. 550 a solid effort- Bradford big crowd but not that impressed with atmosphere/fans.

14 hour combined round trip last two games. Expensive week. Notts c I don’t mind as they are clear of us, todays performance was spineless though. Let’s see how we respond. Batter Newport and pick a few more results this month and we still in the right end of table. Find those free agents sharpish and let’s make this a competitive squad instead of a competitive starting eleven.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 02:28:10 »

What do you mean ‘keeper makes ANOTHER mistake’. He’s been great all season.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 06:18:27 »

Watched the whole game replay on iFollow.

A few thoughts:
-Bradford didn’t look like a bad side; Cook is a threat and could have had a couple on another day (header just wide and shot against post spring to mind), they had a little bit of shithousery we could have done with too (Halliday falling on ball then holding onto it with Austin then man handling him, Ridehalgh fouling Hutton then rolling over the advertising board when pushed by Hutton. Austin and Hutton respectively picked up bookings for both of those events)
-I don’t think we were that bad for most of the game.
-We fell apart in the last 15 minutes and that probably will be the enduring memory of the game for most town fans.
-We created a few good chances (Austin with 2 very good chances and you would expect a player of his calibre to probably bury both, RHM with one from Hutton cross that looked to come off his knee and their keeper pulled off a good save, Shade effort just wide, RHM header just over).
-Odobo did not impact the game sadly. Good experience for him but not on long enough to get settled and ball didn’t stick. If we are forced to rely on 16 year olds then we may be in trouble.
-Brewitt had a good game and is proving the doubters wrong.
-I’m not sure it’s a total howler of a GK error as some have said. The first shot which Mahoney didn’t hang onto was struck with real venom and even then we almost stopped it sneaking in.
-We could have won, drawn or lost but I think the lack of depth and our squads’ fatigue swung the pendulum in their favour.
-Decent number of travelling fans once more, solid effort.
-Great to have Hartley back on comms again, he is one of my favourite commentators and much better than some of the other ones we have endured over recent years.
-I hope the rumour about Flynn interviewing for Bradford is bollocks; I think we would be in real trouble without him.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 06:21:37 »

Decent sensible post Clap

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: