Pages: 1 ... 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 381722 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #2625 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 09:22:10 »

Eh? Its January 2nd. We were told he was gone yesterday evening by Flynn. How short do you want the recall window?!

Sorry, you've not understood.

Every time Flynn placed emphasis on how short the recall window was, the happy clappers seemed to take that as a sign that we might keep hold of them.

It didn't matter if it was 60 secs long, they were always going back.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2626 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 09:24:00 »

To be clear, we *really* want Young to play for Bradford on Saturday because that basically removes any chance of a sale to anyone other than us. Same with Kemp/MK.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2627 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 09:24:26 »

I'd imagine if we put the same bid we previously did for Umerah, that would probably be accepted now given he's scored 2 in 20 in the National League this season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2628 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 09:28:29 »

I'd imagine if we put the same bid we previously did for Umerah, that would probably be accepted now given he's scored 2 in 20 in the National League this season.

That whole thing seemed like nonsense didn't it.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 09:49:15 by Batch » Logged
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2629 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 09:34:29 »

Sorry, you've not understood.

Every time Flynn placed emphasis on how short the recall window was, the happy clappers seemed to take that as a sign that we might keep hold of them.

It didn't matter if it was 60 secs long, they were always going back.

Just jump on any possible notion don't they even if it completely defies logic.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2630 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 09:39:28 »

That whole think seemed like nonsense didn't it.

Sheer oddity.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #2631 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 09:44:05 »

Some of you are unhealthily obsessed by other peoples opinions on that facebook group. Half of them are fucking weird and the same people who see a premier league player like Varan being released and demand we sign him.

If people are as outraged as it appears on this forum then do something about it and rally your mates and start making noises because whether we like it or not they are not going to be bothered by 40 people moaning on a forum. After yesterdays defeat there were 70 replies on Twitter to the full time post. If you are the owners of the club and you asked what the fans were saying and you were told that there were only 70 people moaning would you be inclined to change?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2632 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 09:44:31 »

This would be peak STFC all over
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2633 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 10:13:25 »

Some of you are unhealthily obsessed by other peoples opinions on that facebook group. Half of them are fucking weird and the same people who see a premier league player like Varan being released and demand we sign him.

If people are as outraged as it appears on this forum then do something about it and rally your mates and start making noises because whether we like it or not they are not going to be bothered by 40 people moaning on a forum. After yesterdays defeat there were 70 replies on Twitter to the full time post. If you are the owners of the club and you asked what the fans were saying and you were told that there were only 70 people moaning would you be inclined to change?

That’s society now a days though.
Say nothing in ‘real life’ bottle it all up and rage on social media.

Like you said - no one gives a fuck about a few people raging on twitter.

I also imagine a lack of alternative doesn’t help. PaulD mentioned on twitter that there have been persistent rumours of at least 2 interested parties who have been put off buying the club.

Whether that’s horse shit or not - we have no idea who these people are.

I know 2005 is a world apart from where we are now but when we wanted Wills/Diamandis out: Bill Power was there as an alternative & interested party. Like properly there. He was at Trust meetings, he was at games, he was in the Legends Lounge pre & post game. His face was in the paper.

It’s difficult to go full on protest against Clem because what’s the other option?

We desperately need a visible, personable alternative to get behind (which of course is ironically what Clem did to buy all the good faith when he took over)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2634 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 10:16:13 »

Obviously they need to be a sound business man with a proper idea/strategy for the clubs progression & development….otherwise we’re in the same circle still
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #2635 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 10:20:32 »

Obviously they need to be a sound business man with a proper idea/strategy for the clubs progression & development….otherwise we’re in the same circle still

How much do you think a consortium would need to genuinely develop us as a club, including stadium development, training ground and players wages? £50 mil?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2636 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 10:27:51 »

Fuck knows - it would be a bloody lot though.
So you’d want a person or group of people who have enough ‘loose change’ to move us forward because someone even with a value of 50m isn’t going to throw everything they have at us.

…and it worries me we are never, ever going to find that person(s)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2637 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 10:30:46 »

My expectation is that we’ll bring in the bare minimum this window so they can justify playing a number of the youngsters for the rest of the season in the hope that they can then punt on for a bit of cash. Anything better than that will be a bonus currently.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2638 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 10:33:22 »

Probably needs a bit of cash to stabilize us for a year or two as well
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2639 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 10:39:30 »

I'm up for it but most of my mates are like most people at the moment, just totally apathetic with it.

I went Boxing Day with the intentions of maybe starting a few chants but had lost my voice, just walked out at half time depressed. Most of the town end could barely muster enough energy to call McClean a cunt never mind anything else.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: