Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2023/24 Kits  (Read 41743 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 13:17:25 »

Yeah the adidas badges will fade first before they peel. they're definitely iron ons.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 13:32:09 »

Yeah the adidas badges will fade first before they peel. they're definitely iron ons.

Fill yer boots  Cheesy The one I was thinking of was the first Adidas one which was the sexy 09/10 one. And the Lotto ones ended the season previous....but as I rightly thought the Four Four Two sponsor continued and the 08/09 Lottos shirt was the last of our embroidered badge ones

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/swindon-town-kits/#2000s

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 13:34:04 »

You could just be thinking about the shirt and/or sponsors logos fading though BO

I may (occasionally) post some stupid things, but I know the fucking difference between a club badge and a sponsors logo on a shirt you absolute lamp post.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 13:42:49 »

I may (occasionally) post some stupid things, but I know the fucking difference between a club badge and a sponsors logo on a shirt you absolute lamp post.

Kin'ell pal I was only trying to be helpful in jogging your memory you fucking turd. It could have been an easy mistake to have an embroidered badge with a faded sponsor logo shirt of ten years old, that is at the back of a wardrobe and just hazily/lazily thinking...'Yeah I think that one is faded' rather than a shirt with both faded badge an sponsor logos

I prefer being addressed as road sign anyway  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 13:46:27 »

Kin'ell pal I was only trying to be helpful in jogging your memory you fucking turd. It could have been an easy mistake to have an embroidered badge with a faded sponsor logo shirt of ten years old, that is at the back of a wardrobe and just hazily/lazily thinking...'Yeah I think that one is faded' rather than a shirt with both faded badge an sponsor logos

I prefer being addressed as road sign anyway  Cheesy

'Tis one of my gym shirts, and was utilised earlier this week, so a memory jog was not required Smiley

Hmm, I guess if you were a road sign, you'd be 'welcome to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogogoch'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 14:14:04 »

Hmm, I guess if you were a road sign, you'd be 'welcome to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogogoch'

On the way to Holyhead (which is indeed a shithole), loving your thread mash ups here!  Cheesy Wink
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 14:44:03 »

Fill yer boots  Cheesy The one I was thinking of was the first Adidas one which was the sexy 09/10 one. And the Lotto ones ended the season previous....but as I rightly thought the Four Four Two sponsor continued and the 08/09 Lottos shirt was the last of our embroidered badge ones

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/swindon-town-kits/#2000s

Looking at that, the iron on nonsense all started with Adidas really.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 14:45:01 »

06/07 Lonsdale a bit of a forgotten gem to my eyes!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 14:53:31 »

Looking at that, the iron on nonsense all started with Adidas really.

From my admittedly incredibly vague recollection the Loki PL one wasn't embroidered, it was a sort of half way house iron on, I don't recall the Xara situation but Mizuno was definitely embroidered.

My Adidas one which has been relegated to turbo trainer duties is still fully intact despite probably 100's of washes.

Do may shirts have embroidered these days, I assumed it would be all iron on for some sort of performance weight/joggers nipple reason or something?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 15:00:42 »

Do may shirts have embroidered these days, I assumed it would be all iron on for some sort of performance weight/joggers nipple reason or something?

I have a pair of Northern Ireland shorts from adidas around the same time that are embroidered.

I think its simply a case that as far as the big brands like adidas and puma, that the big clubs/international teams deal directly with the company and get theirs made properly in factories and embroidered, whereas for the most part lower league clubs get templated ironons from subsidiary companies. 
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 15:11:32 »

'Tis one of my gym shirts, and was utilised earlier this week, so a memory jog was not required Smiley

:yawns: That was a bit cheap. It would be like me saying yours would be 'Welcome to Orange Land'

You're better than that BO  Cheesy

On the way to Holyhead (which is indeed a shithole), loving your thread mash ups here!  Cheesy Wink

Is that what we're calling approved TEF thread derailments now 

'Incessant Nonsense'

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 15:13:58 »

Weirdly I do own a pair of embroidered puma jogger shorts that I got in the sale. No idea why they can be embroidered but the actual kits can't.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 13:35:15 »

So the club are stocking in the shop, yet when I ordered on the day of release I am still yet to receive a collection email. No communication. Answer the phone to talk to me!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 14:02:38 »

Weirdly I do own a pair of embroidered puma jogger shorts that I got in the sale. No idea why they can be embroidered but the actual kits can't.

I suspect its something to do with the underlying material, jogger stuff always seems to be embroidered, even if it isn't club specific, I assume the iron on logo's won't stick to it?

On that matter I saw a thing from the kit men getting the shirts ready for Wrexham that they have to put everything on the shirts, i'e' the plethora of sponsors plus the name and number, has it always been like this and on that basis do the shop have to put all the sponsor stuff on every shirt as well?
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 15:47:10 »

So the club are stocking in the shop, yet when I ordered on the day of release I am still yet to receive a collection email. No communication. Answer the phone to talk to me!
have you log into your account and checked? Might've mislaid that email.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: