Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 ... 1231   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4420647 times)
DRS

« Reply #2775 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 12:30:35 »

Agree Jay,fair play to the drug testers aswell ar it appears they keep overlooking the mass amounts of coke he takes,big mention to david lucas aswell for still getting on so well with him after what he did. Sarcasm by the way
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2776 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 12:42:21 »

Wonder if he'll celebrate when he scores at the CG next week?

Would love him to do a Robbie Fowler-esque line snort followed by a wink at someone's Mrs in the exec box.

Best natural striker I've seen play for us.
DMR

« Reply #2777 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 14:56:22 »

I would have Austin, Cox and Henderson back in the blink of an eyelid, even after how Austin left us, the man is the best finisher I have seen in a Swindon shirt in nearly 40 years of following the Town.

Did you stop watching for 3 years when we had SSP?

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2778 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 17:26:59 »

IMO Cox was better than both of them.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #2779 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 17:52:22 »

Goal against Walsall was the best for me. Taking the ball down over his shoulder, then controlling it with two touches, then hitting it on the volley from about 30 yards...Nothing beats that.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #2780 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 18:16:41 »

Hope Easyjet finds a club....I liked him.

Clems Army!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2781 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 18:30:48 »

Will Smith is his dad.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #2782 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 20:10:51 »

Did you stop watching for 3 years when we had SSP?

Also you could add Chris Hay as a finisher, i think he made about 85 apps. for us ( broke his nose in about 84 of them ) and scored about 35 goals off the top of my head. He spent about a year out injured while he was here as well. Another one of our finds from Celtic
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #2783 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 21:10:51 »

Brilliant Austin rumours on here. He is still with the same girl he was with at the time, and they have just had a baby together. Born about 4 weeks ago.
Does he still live in Swindon then or did she move with him?
stfcinbmth

« Reply #2784 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 21:22:44 »

Brilliant Austin rumours on here. He is still with the same girl he was with at the time, and they have just had a baby together. Born about 4 weeks ago.

I would imagine that the rumours of him shagging around are true, just based on my own personal experiences of my youth and I didn't even play football professionally

But coke no way, his dad would be kicking his arse
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2785 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 08:06:40 »

Also you could add Chris Hay as a finisher, i think he made about 85 apps. for us ( broke his nose in about 84 of them ) and scored about 35 goals off the top of my head. He spent about a year out injured while he was here as well. Another one of our finds from Celtic

He scored 35 goals off the top of your head? So are you the best finisher Swindon (n)ever had?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #2786 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 08:23:07 »

I would imagine that the rumours of him shagging around are true, just based on my own personal experiences of my youth and I didn't even play football professionally

Young footballer with a bit of spare cash shags around a bit shocker. More news at 10.

We need to get a bit of a perspective here.

Charlie Austin ran his fucking socks off for us for a couple of years, scored some absolutley blinding goals and was responsible for more than a few memorable wins.

The team for which he played morphed into an absolute dogshit outfit despite his efforts so, being as how he was employed as a footballer, he looked for an employer where his earning potential was better.

I don't think he did anything wrong here. Some folk got very carried away because he put in a request to leave their beloved club. So what. As I said, to him it is a job.

I can't make the Burnley game but if I could I would welcome Charlie back with a cheer and a return to the "Charlie, Charlie Austin" chant.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2787 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 08:26:11 »

Some folk got very carried away because he put in a request to leave their beloved club. So what. As I said, to him it is a job.

I can't make the Burnley game but if I could I would welcome Charlie back with a cheer and a return to the "Charlie, Charlie Austin" chant.
Could not possibly agree with you more.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #2788 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 08:32:44 »

I don't think he did anything wrong here. Some folk got very carried away because he put in a request to leave their beloved club. So what. As I said, to him it is a job.

Agreed it probably is just a job to him, however contrast his behaviour to that of Coxy (who still got his move) and i think we can all see where he went wrong.

The whole "just a job" argument is always open to debate. 8,000 people don't turn up to support me doing my job, if they did then i would probably expect a bit of stick from them if i left (and they wanted me to stay).
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #2789 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 08:41:12 »

At the time the transfer request really annoyed me and I felt he was deserting a sinking ship - however since the news of the dressing room, cliques, etc I don't really blame him for wanting out.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 ... 1231   Go Up
Print
Jump to: