Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has anyone seen this  (Read 709 times)
Scot Munroe

« on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 19:55:26 »

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/headlines/display.var.801549.0.not_so_beautiful.php
kevjoycreed

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 04:24:59 »

I have now. :box:

Quite glad I didnt go to football back then.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 04:39:02 »

I remember being pelted with all sorts at home vs Bournemouth, then narrowly missing decapitation by a seat in the return game; A mass punch up at Leicester when we lost 3-2 having been 2-1 up in the 90th min and just missing the stabbing against Plymouth. Had a torrid time at Ashton Gate when we beat Rovers 4-3 not long after Eastville burned down, as there were 3 sets of fans in the ground. I also remember watching from afar when some Leeds hooligans decided to come down with Doncaster or Darlington.

To be honest, I got no satisfaction at all from any of it ! I was scared, uncomfortable and didn't enjoy the games because of the constant worry of trouble.  I find it difficult to believe the pillocks who glorify this crap !

I much prefered wandering into the Pompey p*ssed singing 'D.D.D.D.D. Dave Bamber !' and having the pub erupt with laughter and hanging out of the window of a car on the way back from Selhurst Park having seen a cracking win against Gillingham with no trouble anywhere in sight.

But thats just me.....

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 10:34:44 »

I remember being pelted with all sorts at home vs Bournemouth, then narrowly missing decapitation by a seat in the return game; A mass punch up at Leicester when we lost 3-2 having been 2-1 up in the 90th min and just missing the stabbing against Plymouth. Had a torrid time at Ashton Gate when we beat Rovers 4-3 not long after Eastville burned down, as there were 3 sets of fans in the ground. I also remember watching from afar when some Leeds hooligans decided to come down with Doncaster or Darlington.

Is all too familiar from that time, am afraid.  I can remember being scared out of my wits at some games.
1. Stones thrown at Forest, Stoke and Mansfield.
2. Somebody chased and thrown in the Trent at Forest
3. Mass brawls at service stations between coachloads of rival fans
4. Punched and kicked by Pox in '77 at CG.
5. Eye-wateringly scared at Millwall after we equalised with a dubious pen in the last minute in about '88.

Much safer now - I like it that way
Scot Munroe

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 10:52:12 »

on the same website thirty swindon fans i have been told that they cannot go to germany for the world cup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: