Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flintoff  (Read 6731 times)
Hatch

« Reply #30 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 18:28:12 »

Not overly impressed with Ambrose, but there is no standout English 'keeper.
I see Craig Kieswetter wants a go when he is able to do so.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 18:30:36 »

Great. So let's recall another keeper that was dropped for no reason. I thought Foster should never have been dropped and did very well on the tour to New Zealand that year. Yet he went. Same goes for Read. If only we'd have actually stuck with one or the other. But this is England and their toss selectors i guess.

Foster got a long term injury....
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 19:00:03 »

Foster got a long term injury....

That was after he'd already been dropped though wasn't it?
Scot Munroe

« Reply #33 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 19:22:59 »

On a side note. When is Simon Jones back? Would be great to see him enter the fray again.

he doing very well for Worcestershire at the moment. I would not be suprised if he was picked for the tour of India in November. I think he is involved in the Champs trophy squad which will be in Pakistan in Mid-September.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 19:24:53 »

That was after he'd already been dropped though wasn't it?

It may well have been, but I think the injury meant that he fell completely out of favour.
cib

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 19:46:14 »

Great. So let's recall another keeper that was dropped for no reason. I thought Foster should never have been dropped and did very well on the tour to New Zealand that year. Yet he went. Same goes for Read. If only we'd have actually stuck with one or the other. But this is England and their toss selectors i guess.

Agree with that. Foster isn't brilliant however, Nasser Hussain was piping up about him last week, although i agree he has improved and a decent shout if he was as good as he was saying he'd be in the squad for the Champs trophy. Not Ambrose, the Colonel or that gobshite Prior. Think we've just a distinctly average set of keepers. Glovework-wise Read is the best, Foster isn't far behind if at all but they don't seem to fit the requirements for the selectors for some reason.

I'm looking forward to seeing Simon Jones coming back as he's a quality bowler, although that'll be a headache for the selectors as to who he should/could replace.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 21:13:32 »

There was quite a bit of talk of jones being in the headingley side. Hes regularly taking wickets for worstershire, but hes another who seems to be made of glass.

Things get better but they never get good
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 22:34:42 »

I'd save Jones for now tbh. Maybe look at bringing him back for the last 2 tests, maybe even just the last so he can get a feel for it again and get a bit more county cricket under his belt. Would be great to see him back.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: