Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 147831 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1140 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 20:36:48 »

The Trust’s tweets are pretty astonishing. It seems that they accept every ounce of bullshit that the ownership “group” feeds them seemingly without questioning it, all the while forgetting the reason that they are established in the first place - to guard against this threat to our club. They are now the antidote to what they are meant to be. They should be coordinating protests, and helping to find a way towards fan ownership as an option, but they’ve morphed into Morfuni apologists seemingly to justify supporting him in the first place.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1141 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 20:36:55 »

The trust would be better off keeping their mouth shut rather than saying things like this as it just exacerbates things further
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1142 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 20:40:50 »

That comment to me sounds suspiciously like someone has been using the club to facilitate some kind of illegal activity - money laundering?
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #1143 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 20:46:12 »

Unfortunately a lack of paperwork on these agreements means due diligence didn't pick these up, there has been lots of these and there are multiple legal cases running in parallel now and have been since Clem took over.

Some of the people involved are not the sort of people you can just ask to stop using facilities/services hence the legal route to safeguard the club and clean this all up.

All the above are tweets from the trust
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1144 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 20:47:09 »

what kind of thing are we talking about though?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1145 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 20:48:36 »

As I suggested - bit of washing
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1146 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 20:57:03 »

The club has been OK with someone who even the EFL won't approve being involved in the running of the business, setting up a brand new "academy" in Pakistan for the express intent of giving locals sponsored Visa's.  Pakistan is notorious for money making schemes around Visa applications.

Now, there is no way I can jump to a conclusion of impropriety, but Zav's background doesn't suggest an upstanding citizen.  If we do that while taking photos at the British Governments offices, imagine the fun we can get up to "off the books".
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #1147 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 21:00:32 »

Why the hell does information like this come out from random trust tweets? Can’t they fucking sort themselves out, was it in the advisory board minutes, was it in the trust newsletter? No.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1148 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 21:08:16 »

Why the hell does information like this come out from random trust tweets? Can’t they fucking sort themselves out, was it in the advisory board minutes, was it in the trust newsletter? No.

Because this is exactly how the people around our club operate - feed chinese whispers, try to avoid formal written communication if possible.  Let those fed the tit bits deliver messages.  Just look at the share transfer - we still don't know the terms and only found out because legal docs were required at Companies House.  Even then Clem tried feeding lines to others to provide cover before the dam broke.  A good journalist would have followed up on that story though, not just left it with Clem blushing about being caught out - push for the details, dig deeper.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1149 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 21:09:10 »

Trust guy (I suspect which) needs to put the keyboard down and stop digging. I've defended the Trust from a lot but this is fucking silly and I will be emailing them tomorrow to say so.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1150 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 21:10:24 »

Just give an example of said services and/or facilities.

Cocaine. Lots and lots of cocaine.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1151 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 21:12:24 »

That comment to me sounds suspiciously like someone has been using the club to facilitate some kind of illegal activity - money laundering?

Heard this ages ago. Rumour was it's why Rob Angus would he leaving before it was even confirmed he was. He found out and Clem told him to drop it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1152 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 21:23:42 »

Clem is seen laughing and joking with Adam Hart in the directors box and tried to make Zav Austin Vice Chairman but we're supposed to believe he's fighting gangsters off legally and is an innocent unknowing party in all of this?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1153 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 21:31:40 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
As I suggested - bit of washing

I meant the "legitimate" front. what kind of services.

just seems odd

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1154 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 21:33:22 »

Not sure there is anything legitimate. Anyhow, how do lawyers stop n’er do wells from doing their thang?
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: