Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iffy in for the long term ?  (Read 1419 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 19:40:54 »

hey guys, just wondered if someone could clarify this for me, is iffy appointed as a permanent manager? or will the club appoint a new man in the new future and therefore iffy is only a temporary thing? I wish things were made clearer with STFC, another PR disaster GRAY OUT DEVLIN IN

give iffy a chance, u never know, he could be the next hoddle!

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
land_of_bo

« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 19:42:52 »

Grey said "We'll wait and see...." There's a link to the statement from the bbc wiltshire sound website...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 20:01:57 »

If Iffy does well he'll get the job, if he doesnt then we will look else where (Reeves!)
Elsterap

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 21:39:43 »

Said on the Radio they've heard from a 'reliable source' that Iffy will be permanant.

Is this what you King Outers wanted? If not, could you not see this coming? It was inevitable.
Unfortunately your wshes have come true and now, instead of the man who has kept us clear of relegation and even up to the playoffs against the odds, we have the biggest gamble - A manager with no more experience than what he recieved managing the reserves.  Do you really think Iffy will have the skill to be able to scout for new players on a budget even smaller than what King got with a payoff stilll to give to King? Then what happens at the end of the season when players are forced to leave when we offer them no higher contracts?

I am not saying that Iffy will be a bad manager, but that we had a good manager in King.  Iffy, i am confident will keep us out of the relegation zone this season - i worry more about the future.

It seems quite pointless me posting this.  I'm just angry King is gone to be honest - and the strong rumours that Iffy is premanant spurred me.  I don't expect it to be taken all that well either.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 23:19:17 »

Quote from: "Elsterap"
Said on the Radio they've heard from a 'reliable source' that Iffy will be permanant.

Is this what you King Outers wanted? If not, could you not see this coming? It was inevitable.
Unfortunately your wshes have come true and now, instead of the man who has kept us clear of relegation and even up to the playoffs against the odds, we have the biggest gamble - A manager with no more experience than what he recieved managing the reserves.  Do you really think Iffy will have the skill to be able to scout for new players on a budget even smaller than what King got with a payoff stilll to give to King? Then what happens at the end of the season when players are forced to leave when we offer them no higher contracts?

I am not saying that Iffy will be a bad manager, but that we had a good manager in King.  Iffy, i am confident will keep us out of the relegation zone this season - i worry more about the future.

It seems quite pointless me posting this.  I'm just angry King is gone to be honest - and the strong rumours that Iffy is premanant spurred me.  I don't expect it to be taken all that well either.

It's a fair argument, but you base you're post on the assumption that King "haters" would not want Iffy in charge, but I will give even Mickey Mouse a chance to prove what he's worth.  Tonight seems a relatively positive result (as positive as a defeat can be) and to be honest did you really see us winning this fixture under King?

King royally fucked up at the start of the season, and a change was needed.  Whether or not we had a good manager in King, he had seemingly lost the plot, and previous records or a prestigious name should not save a man's job.
Spud

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 05:02:06 »

With or without King i couldnt see us getting anything from Donny, Elsetrap you seriously cant keep going on about how good a manager King was as he clearly wasnt.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 15:12:19 »

Quote from: "Elsterap"

Good post Elsetrap, all very true.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: