Pages: 1 ... 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 381190 times)
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #2715 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2024, 14:05:40 »

When you say another Devine, do we mean a drag queen?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2716 on: Thursday, January 11, 2024, 09:58:42 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/24041997.tom-brewitt-feels-responsibility-play-pain/

Fair play to players playing when injured but they really shouldn't be put in such a situation.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2717 on: Thursday, January 11, 2024, 09:59:30 »

Has Brewitt been playing through injury for the last 12 months

Things get better but they never get good
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2718 on: Thursday, January 11, 2024, 21:43:31 »

Harvey Fox loaned to Didcot.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2719 on: Friday, January 12, 2024, 09:52:38 »

RHM and FBT trained all week - must decide on hard to push them now. Zzzzz!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2720 on: Friday, January 12, 2024, 15:41:29 »

This is quite a nice update and good to see

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2024/january/alex-pikes-academy-update/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2721 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 10:07:37 »

McCarthy review from a guy I know at work whose a Barnsley fan - "I like him, our manager doesn't rate him and won't play him but I think he's good. Not the quickest but a big lad and a good defender"

Sounds promising!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2722 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 11:08:27 »

McCarthy review from a guy I know at work whose a Barnsley fan - "I like him, our manager doesn't rate him and won't play him but I think he's good. Not the quickest but a big lad and a good defender"

Sounds promising!
Absolutely I heard similar. Can head and tackle but not bags of speed, similar to Syd Nelson, decent at attacking corners too.

In L2 you dont need much pace as a defender just the ability to get in blocks and challenges when and where it matters and then find a team mate with a short pass, a defender that can defend he doesnt need to be able to pass and dribble like Beckenbauer. Much like McDonald was.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #2723 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 11:22:42 »

Absolutely I heard similar. Can head and tackle but not bags of speed, similar to Syd Nelson, decent at attacking corners too.

In L2 you dont need much pace as a defender just the ability to get in blocks and challenges when and where it matters and then find a team mate with a short pass, a defender that can defend he doesnt need to be able to pass and dribble like Beckenbauer. Much like McDonald was.

If he looks good, we should definitely look to sign him in the summer. Anyone know when his contract is up? Must be soon.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2724 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 11:29:04 »

July 25
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2725 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 11:43:39 »

Crewe's centre backs impressed me last weekend, but they have conceded 40 goals in the league so perhaps aren't that good of an example. Mansfield however possibly are. They have conceded a miserly 21 goals in 26 games and their CB pairing is Aden Flint (6ft 6) and Baily Cargill (6ft 3) who I don't think are particularly quick, but I bet know how to defend properly.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #2726 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 11:50:28 »

If he looks good, we should definitely look to sign him in the summer. Anyone know when his contract is up? Must be soon.
First and foremost get him back to full fitness again, he had an entire season out last year with a ruptured ACL which is notoriously difficult to overcome and often comes back after repair.

Hes only played 3 EFLT games (scoring once) since September 2022 when it happened.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2727 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 13:21:44 »

First and foremost get him back to full fitness again, he had an entire season out last year with a ruptured ACL which is notoriously difficult to overcome and often comes back after repair.

Hes only played 3 EFLT games (scoring once) since September 2022 when it happened.

Yeah, if we can get and keep him match fit someone else will snap him up Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #2728 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 13:53:24 »

Yeah, if we can get and keep him match fit someone else will snap him up Smiley
There is always that!

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2729 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 15:23:19 »

Wasn't sure where to post this with the game off tomorrow, but Gunning saying he'll change the formation and system, simplifying players' roles.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/24062053.gavin-gunning-looking-simplify-messages-players/

It is League Two and players are going to make mistakes, it is what it is, but it is all about being positive when they make mistakes and then being brave enough to make them again.

This bit did make laugh, as if we haven't been seeing the same mistakes week after week...
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: