Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bolton Wanderers - official matchday thread  (Read 42732 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 09:08:37 »

Of course another manager could turn it, it happens all the time. We were toothless up front before Ling arrived as well.  

I don't think my point was clear. I have no confidence in anyone turning the front three into something that can score enough goals based on the current style/system.

Of course a new manager could change the style/system and that could change. I could win the lottery. I'm talking about demonstrable  shite current situation.

----------
When Ling came we had 1 up front, he had Ajose and Obika to pair up. This season...er.

The thing that gives me hope is that the midfield should be very good at this level. Its not being so yet but its still early
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 09:11:24 by Batch » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 10:00:37 »

It's clear that Norris and Delfouneso don't work so I'd be tempted to only play one and bring in someone like Iandolo (Jesus we are thin on the ground aren't we?).

Our best chance from yesterday was when Delfouneso charged down their keeper. A number of times Delfouneso would start a run and then check only for the ball to be played as if he was continuing the run. Pretty frustrating all be told.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 10:15:03 »

We can all moan about Williams, Power, the system, the players, the results etc, but the bottom line is that for fans it's fucking boring watching Swindon these past 18 months.

Even if we'd won 1-0 yesterday it would still have been turgid shite. Can't remember the last time I got entertained at the CG
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 10:17:17 by Rory Bellend » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 10:18:03 »

A touch over dramatic - we're not looking down the barrel at AFC Swindon ffs.

Next up we play an AFC club. I'm expecting to see a difference in the attitude of their players, compared to ours.

Although given our list of missing, you'd hope the XI picked might display a bit of siege mentality.
Pirate Power

« Reply #184 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 10:35:12 »

Swindon Maniac=agreed
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 10:38:05 »

We can all moan about Williams, Power, the system, the players, the results etc, but the bottom line is that for fans it's fucking boring watching Swindon these past 18 months.

Even if we'd won 1-0 yesterday it would still have been turgid shite. Can't remember the last time I got entertained at the CG

The home games last Jan/Feb into start of March were entertaining, when we had comebacks against our relegation rivals, Blackpool, Crewe and the Sarfend game.  These were what kept us up.  It was at the start of Luke's time....defending was terrible, but spirit was OK. It started to fall away again after another debacle on Sky to Wigan, enabled them to secure a first ever win at the CG.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 10:58:54 »

I wonder if Peter Odemwingie would be a shout to solve this crisis up front, can't see Power paying the wage though..

Now, ain't that just like me?
Flashheart

« Reply #187 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 11:14:14 »

It's not necessarily the personnel, Delf looked sharp enough. Ajose would have struggled to get a goal yesterday.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 11:28:31 »

It's not necessarily the personnel, Delf looked sharp enough. Ajose would have struggled to get a goal yesterday.
That's the thing though, that's the type of game we'd have won if Ajose was playing yesterday. The cross along the box in the 2nd half which somehow managed to evade three players had an Ajose type goal written all over it. Neither Delf or Norris have a killer instinct in the 6 yard box.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 11:30:52 »

& Delf looked shattered in the 2nd half from where I was sitting.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 11:34:51 »

If I think of how the players did on an individual basis yesterday, apart from BOO, they did OK. Can't think of anyone else who was horrendously shite.

That being the case it's the 'team' that's the problem not its parts.

Changing manager but not the system would not do much to improve things because the entire club from the U-10s to the first team are being coached with the 352 tippy tappy style in mind.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 11:36:52 »

& Delf looked shattered in the 2nd half from where I was sitting.

Delfonso, runs around a lot, but to little effect.  He doesn't make the runs of a striker. Little point in playing both him and Norris.  Hopefully Jordan Young will be back fit soon and get some game time, 20 mins off the bench here and there.
Flashheart

« Reply #192 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 11:37:16 »

The point being that any striker would be living on scraps. Even if Ajose was there and managed to put away 100% of all chances he had, we would likely still have come away with a point. Delf tiring is irrelevant, it was clearly his ability I was referring to. The lad has something about him.
Flashheart

« Reply #193 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 11:38:24 »

Changing manager but not the system would not do much to improve things because the entire club from the U-10s to the first team are being coached with the 352 tippy tappy style in mind.

People said that before Ling arrived.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 11:41:23 »

I can see your point in that we aren't creating many clear cut chances.

Delfounso to me looks like a player that wants to run onto through balls. We seem to delay passing to him quickly;

Yesterday was the best I have seen Norris play outside the box. Inside it/attacking it though he looks dreadful. In fact he was the opposite of Ajose. Ajose would attack the ball when it came in, not just stand there.

Either way the current net combination is offering close to zero threat. That's based over the season so far, not just yesterday. Admittedly I've not seen them away from home.

So if they don't fit our system, surely its a personnel problem. We bought the wrong players.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: