Pages: 1 ... 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1228825 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #3870 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:42:52 »

"This afternoon's performance was cringeworthy to say the least and certainly won’t draw a line under the matter"

Agreed

Nothing to see here
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3871 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:44:10 »

everyone is getting offended on before of other people.

he was wrong to not tell boris.
as a public figure he was wrong to be seen in public at the castle- should have kept a low profile and drove straight back to london.

it's been made into a national scandal which amazes me. he didnt come to contact with anyone- people are all of these beaches and parks without a care in the world for social distancing and priority. this man isolated with what he thought was protecting his family. read that back to yourself

As I've said before, I have been involved in interpreting and enforcing the Coronavirus legislation as part of my job.  That trip to Barnard Castle was not to go to work as a keyworker, to buy basic necessities, to get medicine or an emergency.  It, by definition, was non-essential.

Cummings has broken both the letter and the spirit of the law with that trip.  The reason it's a scandal is that he is the Government's most senior adviser.  The Government quickly threw Ferguson under the bus for what he did - they had no choice and it was the correct decision.  They should do the same with Cummings as it just reeks of hypocrisy.

I cannot see how anyone who isn't so politically blinkered can't see that.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:46:01 by StfcRusty » Logged
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3872 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:45:34 »

everyone is getting offended on behalf of other people.

he was wrong to not tell boris.
as a public figure he was wrong to be seen in public at the castle- should have kept a low profile and drove straight back to london.

it's been made into a national scandal which amazes me. he didnt come to contact with anyone- people are all of these beaches and parks without a care in the world for social distancing and priority. this man isolated with what he thought was protecting his family. read that back to yourself
I can only assume,  by the way you are defending him you must be related.   Can see no other reason for you to defend him so strongly.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3873 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:45:40 »

That professor that got sacked for shagging should have just said he was testing his piece
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #3874 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:45:57 »

I think the only thing this whole story tells us is that society is as polarised now as it was during Brexit. People who dislike/distrust the government will be very vocal when they view them doing something they think is wrong. People who support Johnson and his government will excuse anything.

It's All Good..............
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3875 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:46:10 »

We had it drummed into us on a daily basis that we had to stay at home. The exceptions were to go to work if we couldn’t work from home, to shop for essential items, one form of excercise and for medical reasons. We weren’t advised to read through the regulations for any possible wriggle room to ignore these regulations. Why don’t politicians and their advisors just hold their hands up and apologise when they fuck up? It’s almost as though they spend so much time avoiding a straight answer to a straight question that they find it impossible to tell the truth. This afternoons performance was cringeworthy to say the least and certainly won’t draw a line under the matter

Don't forget the 5.5 million the government wasted on leaflets telling us to stay home!

So, give no fucks
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #3876 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:47:20 »

"This afternoon's performance was cringeworthy to say the least and certainly won’t draw a line under the matter"

Agreed
Spot on...there’s still the small matter of Batch’s strongly worded correspondence to be dealt with! 
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3877 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:53:44 »

Spot on...there’s still the small matter of Batch’s strongly worded correspondence to be dealt with! 

Is there any hope that you are joining the other shit-troll, Valid Pint, on his forthcoming holiday? ""
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3878 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:54:43 »

you don't know how strongly worded it was.

I think it surpasses even adver cross face foldy arms picture in strength.
Flashheart

« Reply #3879 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 18:02:07 »

I said it a couple of days a go. If he'd come out and say 'sorry, I fucked up' then it would likely be dropped.

But nope...
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #3880 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 18:07:21 »

I said it a couple of days a go. If he'd come out and say 'sorry, I fucked up' then it would likely be dropped.

But nope...

I agree with this as well.

Nothing to see here
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3881 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 18:10:25 »

Chair of the Police Federation now advising people that they shouldn't drive if their eyesight is impaired and they're feeling unwell as it's not safe to do so. Advice that wouldn't have seemed necessary just this morning

https://twitter.com/PFEW_Chair/status/1264960043478323203

This is like when Trump suggested ingesting disinfectant as a cure for Covid and US doctors and public health officials had to spend the next few weeks telling people not to drink bleach. We all laugh at Trump and his ridiculous bullshit. But that's where we are now. We are a global laughing stock
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #3882 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 18:54:16 »

Totally agree with the basic sentiment; when you've palpably fucked up just say so and apologise.  Takes the wind out of everyone's sails.

Not sure it would have worked with Cummings however.  He is hated by so many people.

His 'explanation' is stunning.  I read back a bit and saw that at least one person on this forum is supporting him which staggers me.  This ranks below faked moon landings and CIA flying planes into twin towers in terms of utter lack of credibility.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3883 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 19:00:54 »

Totally agree with the basic sentiment; when you've palpably fucked up just say so and apologise.  Takes the wind out of everyone's sails.

Not sure it would have worked with Cummings however.  He is hated by so many people.

His 'explanation' is stunning.  I read back a bit and saw that at least one person on this forum is supporting him which staggers me.  This ranks below faked moon landings and CIA flying planes into twin towers in terms of utter lack of credibility.

Maybe or maybe not a coincidence that he had a full tank of fuel😀

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3884 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 19:21:15 »

Boris is now saying that he is finding that he has had to wear his glasses more since he recovered from Coronavirus.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: