Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 186621 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:34:40 »

I reckon there must be thousands of people who have had a mild dose of it and never knew.
Millions
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:35:27 »

Audrey mentioning doses bring a whole lot of unwanted images into my head
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:37:40 »

One thing I’m proud of never having!

Although there’s hundreds of things I’m certainly not proud of over the years - some trivial, some not.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:53:48 »

Thanks Normy you too, luckily far more people get over this than succumb to it. Lets hope we have broken the back of this and can get back to closer to normal asap.

As with Normy, thanks so much for sharing.  I think it's really important that we get to hear some positive news and recovery stories.  It did feel like if you were over 70 or had a serious health condition, it was likely to end very badly so it certainly helps (helps me anyway) to know that people in that group are getting over it.  Does still sound grim though.  Hope you're fully recovered soon.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 12:07:25 »

I had holiday jobs working in the cafe/kiosk at both Lydiard and Coate when I was a teenager.  Great jobs.  I lived pretty much on the other side of town from Coate, but used to cycle there along the disused railway track from West Swindon.  Vividly remember being there on day of the disaster at Hillsborough.

A day late but for those interested, the link below has good info on the old railway line. I think this was posted on the trains thread before but in times of isolation it is a good read.

http://www.swindonsotherrailway.co.uk/

This PDF contains photos from Moredon to Chiseldon section in particular.

http://www.swindonsotherrailway.co.uk/gwsfinal.pdf

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 12:14:11 »

There is also footage of the train ride from Swindon station to old town, along what is now the path but I can't remember where I saw it.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 12:29:44 »

There is also footage of the train ride from Swindon station to old town, along what is now the path but I can't remember where I saw it.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #622 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 12:40:39 »

As with Normy, thanks so much for sharing.  I think it's really important that we get to hear some positive news and recovery stories.  It did feel like if you were over 70 or had a serious health condition, it was likely to end very badly so it certainly helps (helps me anyway) to know that people in that group are getting over it.  Does still sound grim though.  Hope you're fully recovered soon.
Thanks Rusty, I am not in the "very old" range yet still 54 but do have serious health issues. Yes we do need more "fighting it and getting back to normal again" stories, far too much dwelling on the bad things.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 12:41:32 »

It was different to that video but similar. Footage of the entire journey. I'd not seen that one before so thanks for that.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #624 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 12:48:17 »

It was different to that video but similar. Footage of the entire journey. I'd not seen that one before so thanks for that.
Was it with this train?

The very last train to Swindon Town station in 1972. Rather than the last service train in that video?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 13:06:56 »

No idea what train it was. I just recall watching the whole journey shot from within the train between the 2 stations. I'm gonna have to try to find it I think.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 14:18:11 »

I still have been left with vertigo, a chesty cough and slight breathing issues but nothing like I was expecting, luckily for me! my taste comes back for a few hours then goes again and thats on and off over the week since the awful day when it seemed to peak in me, my doctors thinks I am one of the lucky ones that has a natural immunity to this or that my immune system was luckily strong enough to cope, after my cancer treatments that does surprise me though!

So glad you’re feeling better. Similar to my story where my temperature had been running in the high 38’s for two days aided slightly by maximum paracetamol dose up to yesterday. Now back to normal without paracetamol and hopefully will stay that way. Hadn’t considered vertigo but certainly when I get up to slowly make my way to the toilet I am a bit wobbly and light headed and wondered what might be causing that. Like yourself I was discussing calling an ambulance but my wife knew the correct answer was to remain home unless breathing became an issue. I continue resting in bed with a cough which appears to be bringing out some muck but understand it can be  a long recovery process from here.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #627 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 14:38:03 »

No idea what train it was. I just recall watching the whole journey shot from within the train between the 2 stations. I'm gonna have to try to find it I think.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=294746268112143
normy

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 14:39:50 »

A day late but for those interested, the link below has good info on the old railway line. I think this was posted on the trains thread before but in times of isolation it is a good read.

http://www.swindonsotherrailway.co.uk/

This PDF contains photos from Moredon to Chiseldon section in particular.

http://www.swindonsotherrailway.co.uk/gwsfinal.pdf

My eldest brother was a fireman, and I remember him coming home dirty, and talking about what hard work it was keeping the fire going up by Rushey Platt.  About 1950 I think.

ust be the oldest
normy

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 14:45:16 »

Lovely nostalgic film, it cheered me up.

ust be the oldest
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: