Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Cooper set to be named permanent manager  (Read 68782 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 14:57:53 »

It bugs me that fans seem to look for excuses to not go, it's akin to a child throwing his toys out of his pram because he isn't getting his own way. Most of it is down to reasons that aren't even true, and it has a negative impact on the club they claim to support. I can't respect people like that.

Like I said above, they're not really fans anyway. There are real fans who do go who are pissed off and have opinions that should count for something.....but I'd take any off the stay away excuse finders say with more than a pinch of salt.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 15:20:43 »

At the end of the day I just want to support my team and I want my team to do well.

Which is the reason I don't think Cooper is good enough for us...even with the constraints that we know about.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 15:23:08 »

The debate on here, as with most football debates, tends to be a little repetitive but almost everything that has happened since Wilson's departure has been somewhat controversial and therefore divisive and polarising. I still rely on the forum to keep me in touch with events at STFC, both on and off the pitch, whilst being an excellent way of wasting time as Norway is a fucking shit country.

Back on the original topic, I find it strange how Power can effectively operate in a DoF role when he can only be in the country for 90 days out of 365?
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 15:30:25 »

Its not just the entry for me, it's the petrol, the time and everything else like food and drink, I want to see my team try hard on the pitch, when it seems they cant be arsed, its really annoys me, although PDC did go OTT with the discipline, I welcomed the approach.

This atitude filteres down from the top tho, if the club isnt run in a professional manner, how can you expect its staff to act accordingly?

Weather the board's intentions are honourable or not, I expect them to be a lot more professional then they have been, but I am certainly not on the 'get the board out' campaign until it is made clear that their intentions are harmful. Hence they do not have my full support, that is reserved for the playing staff of the club, and manager, until I feel he is not competant to do the job. Regardless of his past expereinces.

And yes, I have roots in the TUMDC thing, I helped get the fucking blimp up!!! and donated my Orange hat to Bob Holt in CGH! Happy fucking days!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 15:32:10 »

The debate on here, as with most football debates, tends to be a little repetitive but almost everything that has happened since Wilson's departure has been somewhat controversial and therefore divisive and polarising. I still rely on the forum to keep me in touch with events at STFC, both on and off the pitch, whilst being an excellent way of wasting time as Norway is a fucking shit country.

Back on the original topic, I find it strange how Power can effectively operate in a DoF role when he can only be in the country for 90 days out of 365?

Don't think that is too much of a problem...he phones Sherwood and asks for 6 or 7 players, and the job is done. They do have phones in La Suisse...not sure about Norway mind.
china red

« Reply #320 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 15:38:39 »

I think the board have stated communication needs to improve, they have made mistakes, may be a good idea for Jed to keep off Twitter so he doesn't paint a great big huge target on his head.

I think considering we have gone through an enormous restructuring we have done so a lot less painfully than I imagined.  Yes still a lot to get right but rather than criticise we should really be looking at ways we can get more involved, fan on the board would be a good thing to promote.

Sorry for the rambling today guys, lack of sleep, hallucinating etc etc
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 15:46:15 »

Is anyone reading this or am I on everyone's ignore list?

If I did have an ignore list, your fine selection of avatars would be enough to keep you off it.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 15:48:25 »

As Cooper is just the coach sending out the players he is given, playing in the formation and manner he is told to implement, who do we chant 'out' (as often happens in the end) if it goes wrong? Him or Power? Seeing as all the major decisions are taken above Cooper, does it relieve him of a modicum of responsibility/accountability?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 15:52:57 »

As Cooper is just the coach sending out the players he is given, playing in the formation and manner he is told to implement, who do we chant 'out' (as often happens in the end) if it goes wrong? Him or Power? Seeing as all the major decisions are taken above Cooper, does it relieve him of a modicum of responsibility/accountability?
"Power out" may offend some Tranmere fans of a certain age so probably best avoided
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 17:52:09 »

"Power out" may offend some Tranmere fans of a certain age so probably best avoided

Although being on an awful losing run and in that sort of situation would be awful, I can't help but giggle at the prospect of The Town End chanting "We want Power out" whilst a goal down to Tranmere at home. Pity it's a Saturday though and not a night game, won't have the same effect.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 17:56:26 »

I think if there's one thing Real Madrid have taught the world, it's that the coach is always the one who gets fired.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #326 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 18:17:17 »

Too many fans have ideas about the club which are far above its station; very Leeds-esque.

Quite ironic considering we all kick up a stink when other fans have a sense of entitlement to something better.

There's nothing wrong with aspiration and ambition, I'm not particularly enthralled by matters on the pitch and haven't been since MacDonald clearly wasn't going to get us promotion. But I'm still going to turn up, enjoy it when we do win and have a good day out with my mates. If things get really shitty on the pitch I'm sure I'll moan about it, but what's the point of bringing the whole season down before we've hardly played?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 18:22:16 »

Too many fans have ideas about the club which are far above its station; very Leeds-esque.

Quite ironic considering we all kick up a stink when other fans have a sense of entitlement to something better.

There's nothing wrong with aspiration and ambition, I'm not particularly enthralled by matters on the pitch and haven't been since MacDonald clearly wasn't going to get us promotion. But I'm still going to turn up, enjoy it when we do win and have a good day out with my mates. If things get really shitty on the pitch I'm sure I'll moan about it, but what's the point of bringing the whole season down before we've hardly played?

I'd say the general mood, is that the optimists think we can get to mid table whereas the pessimists  think we'll be involved in a relegation battle....both camps would probably settle for 15th/16th.

The only personwho thinks we're going for promo...is McCrory, and I don't think anyone takes too much notice of what he says.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 18:25:41 »

Its not just the entry for me, it's the petrol, the time and everything else like food and drink, I want to see my team try hard on the pitch, when it seems they cant be arsed, its really annoys me, although PDC did go OTT with the discipline, I welcomed the approach.

This atitude filteres down from the top tho, if the club isnt run in a professional manner, how can you expect its staff to act accordingly?

Weather the board's intentions are honourable or not, I expect them to be a lot more professional then they have been, but I am certainly not on the 'get the board out' campaign until it is made clear that their intentions are harmful. Hence they do not have my full support, that is reserved for the playing staff of the club, and manager, until I feel he is not competant to do the job. Regardless of his past expereinces.

And yes, I have roots in the TUMDC thing, I helped get the fucking blimp up!!! and donated my Orange hat to Bob Holt in CGH! Happy fucking days!!

Good post.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 18:39:19 »

Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: