Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Cooper set to be named permanent manager  (Read 68765 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 11:21:32 »

If anyone is too scared to post in case someone else disagrees with them and calls them names, then they don't deserve an opinion in the first place. Grow up.
I was going to post this but was scared of being insulted.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 11:21:34 »

If anyone is too scared to post in case someone else disagrees with them and calls them names, then they don't deserve an opinion in the first place. Grow up.
true. I'd say not worth the hassle rather than scared...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 11:22:54 »

The ignore button is a strange one. I don't use it, but presumably those who do, do so because they get really riled up by that poster.

I can't be the only one who would be 'unignoring' momments later because I want to see if that persons latest comments wound me up. Isn't that human nature, to hope someone says something that you can use to provoke a row?
I tried the ignore button once on mad D. But what you say is exactly what happened!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 11:23:34 »

I'm not scared to post, just can't be arsed sometimes. There's a massive difference, and I'm sure some feel the same.

I agree though Jayo, if you're scared then you need to grow a pair (the ladies may find this a tad tricky I concede)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 11:32:03 »

John is right. If all else fails just call someone a cunt. Its perfectly normal on here and accepted.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 11:34:07 »

It's more the fact that I can't be bothered to get dragged into an argument and insulted. There's nothing really to be gained from it and I really don't understand what some people seem to get out of being argumentative and unpleasant towards other on a regular basis (calling someone a cunt aside)  There's more to life.
china red

« Reply #291 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 11:36:34 »

What a miserable bunch of cunts we all are.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 11:37:49 »

I'm not scared to post, just can't be arsed sometimes. There's a massive difference, and I'm sure some feel the same.

I am bloody terrified to post, its been keeping me awake at night.

Things do seem to be getting a little polorised on here at the moment but it seems that Jed is a marmite chairman and thats why views are so varied. Not saying its a bad things and its healthy to have opinions to discuss, I do find it annoying that certain issues with the board are continually posted as 'fact' when there has not been any evidence to support th view but suspect that ultimately things are somewhere between the posistions held between the 'we are all doomed' merchants and the 'happy clappers'.

I do find myself getting more argumentative on here but am putting that down to a lack of sleep,
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 12:04:59 »

The ignore button is a strange one. I don't use it, but presumably those who do, do so because they get really riled up by that poster.

I can't be the only one who would be 'unignoring' momments later because I want to see if that persons latest comments wound me up. Isn't that human nature, to hope someone says something that you can use to provoke a row?

haha! Thats totally what I did. I am ignoring nobody now anymore.

Apart from the provoke a row bit.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 12:46:14 »

Up until very recently I have always been quite positive. Always tried to look at the glass half full whereas STFC are concerned because the fact is it takes up a large chunk of my social life....so I really don't fancy being a miserable cunt all of the time, but you have to say what  you see and if things seem to be going overwhelmingly negatively in my opinion, I'm not going to sugar coat it and pretend it's something else.

Jedco have been in charge since February, that's 7 months some of which was off season. Initially when they took over I was grateful that someone had and the club wasn't going to be heading for administration. The season ticket offer from the club allowing for instalments without interest was also a big positive for me and I was generally feeling quite good about the new lot, pending some decent communication about who they were, etc.

Now fast forward about 6 months, what's changed? Let me rationalise...

Initial communication was dire, we had no clarification on who owned the club and in what share, etc. We also had little back ground on the people involved. Since then board members have changed like the weather, coming in and out like a cheap whore house and have been seen fighting in the executive lounge (eye witnesses, close friends)

Our chairman, the man in charge of this circus who should be the most professional of the lot, makes an arse of himself on twitter on a regular basis and can barely spell to a primary school standard. I'm no grammar expert and I'm far from perfect with my English, but I'd like the man in charge of STFC to know the difference between your and you're.

The bloke makes me cringe every time he opens his mouth. He has arguments with fans over twitter and regularly sends direct messages to those who disagree with him and try to win them over with free tickets on occasions.

Jed also came with a reputation from his days at Banbury of broken promises and trying to win back fans by buying them pints. So far he's managed to upkeep this reputation by entering jack the lad mode in local pubs, attempting to converse with young known hooligans about their recent exploits and boasting to know the EDL when people comment on him being from Luton.

Then there's a string of baffling PR own-goals including a bizarre situation with the adver putting Sam on the naughty step for a period, the shambles of the concerts which I appreciate they may not have been directly responsible for and weird statements about negative fans being responsible for turning sponsors off.

The guy is a complete buffoon and loses my confidence more and more every time he talks, a stark contract to the well spoken and professional Nick Watkins who was the previous mouth piece for the club.

Then the club has the issue surrounding having a tax dodger operating new signings from Switzerland year round, who many people believe are picking the signings given we were signing players with no permanent manager.

Then there's an issue we have signed a complete lunatic as our star striker who has been released from his previous club for being a loon. Someone who poses for photos with guns on twitter, spells out his name with £50 notes, tattoos his own name on his forehead and is just generally a complete tool. Add to that he is currently pending a rape charge.

Then there's rife rumours that Mark Cooper is our new manager, finally ended by weeks of confusion and announced after the worst possible time it seems.

Everyone knows that there are some right cunts who follow Swindon who even at the best possible moments seem to be negative about everything, but isn't it possible for those of you who are still of a quite positive opinion to see that there are a fair amount of perfectly normal rational fans leaning to the negative side at the moment for what they feel is good reason? Can a good proportion of you please stop insulting posters when they post an opinion that's not entirely glowing with praise? Equally this 'happy clapper' name calling bull shit needs to stop as well.

I appreciate that others may see things different to me which is why I avoid these petty insults....plus I'd much rather be feeling positive about the people in charge of our club right now, it's a life as a fan that is much easier to enjoy and I wouldn't be so worried for a start. Unfortunately I just can't be of that mind frame at this moment in time based on a combination of the facts in addition to the noises coming out the club and things I get told which whilst admittedly may be shot down as hear'say/rumour, they've come from people I trust.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 12:50:10 by ChalkyWhiteIsGod » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 12:57:25 »

Reasonable, if one sided, what about all of the positive bits to balance it out?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 13:02:29 »

Reasonable, if one sided, what about all of the positive bits to balance it out?

Fair point and maybe I'm missing some/not considering enough of them. Care to go in to detail?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 13:05:18 »

I can list what I can see the main good points are.

Saving the club from Administration/Liquidation.
Weathering the fallout from the shit storm that was happening when AB effectively quit. ( When you are fire fighting the first thing that fails is communication) Even though it's the most important.

Halving the wage budget to a reasonable level.
The concert income ( if reported correctly)
The catering contract.
Retaining the sponsors
Getting some promising players in, with more to come
Keeping Fods.
Keeping NT and Louis.
Keeping Ward
Starting to engage correctly with the fans.
Heading off potentially damaging lawsuits

There are more, but it's not all bad. Some things could be better, but time will hopefully sort those issues out, lots to work on, but things are not as bad as people make out
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 13:21:54 »

I agree though Jayo, if you're scared then you need to grow a pair (the ladies may find this a tad tricky I concede)

Yep, I have felt like that many times, this summer especially.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
china red

« Reply #299 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 13:28:04 »

This board took on a club without due dilligence in order to stop us going to the wall.  The manager then quits, they have to plan for a future without a sugar daddy and reduce the budget for the team drastically.  I think whilst they have not at timescome across well that we need o give them the benefit of the doubt.  Theres no one else out there who wants to take us on at the moment it would appear.

I think the best thing that we could do as fans is support the trust to ensure they are pushing the club to be as transparent as possible in order to reassure us, the fans.

Right, bed time for me.  12 hours of internet trawlling/job hunting and now a night of no sleep looking after baby.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: