Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Cooper set to be named permanent manager  (Read 68779 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 10:38:30 »

Good man...

I've never understood why anyone would choose to use the ignore button...what's the point of being on a forum, if not to hear people's opinion, whether you agree with it or not.

read back through your posts for the explanation as why people might want to use the ignore button Reg. Wink

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 10:49:07 »

People who use the ignore button have superiority complexes. Certain people on here think others are beneath them. That's how it looks anyway. Others far too touchy and sensitive.
Why it's a us vs them thing on here I don't know? Just post your opinion and back it up if it's challenged regardless of what anyone says or how the label you.
I respect people who have a view and stick to it over those who either follow the crowd, change their views by the day or think the popular opinion is the only one worth airing.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 10:51:16 by arriba » Logged
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 10:49:49 »

I'd imagine there are people who feel posting their views on a subject is not worth the hassle of being branded a mong or a Jed shafter. I think that's a shame myself.

That works both ways as well Batch. Very often I can't be arsed with posting a more realistic/non story telling/positive view as it not worth the hassle.

I usually just end up looking like an argumentative cunt regardless then.

iffy

« Reply #273 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 10:53:36 »

People who use the ignore button have superiority complexes.

I ignore 1 person, and it's because I'm not that interested in the freemasons or conspiracy theories.

(To be clear, I do also have a superiority complex, but that's not why I use the ignore button).
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 10:55:56 »

Is anyone reading this or am I on everyone's ignore list?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 10:58:53 »

That works both ways as well Batch. Very often I can't be arsed with posting a more realistic/non story telling/positive view as it not worth the hassle.

I usually just end up looking like an argumentative cunt regardless then.
[panto voice]Oooooh, no you doooon't[/panto voice]
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 11:05:59 »

[panto voice]Oooooh, no you doooon't[/panto voice]

I fucking do, now shut your chops!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 11:08:11 »

I meant 'Jed shafter' in the context of brown nosing man love, not someone waning him to fail.

My point was it is the same at both poles of the argument, and that neither is necessarily correct or incorrect. I think Arriba expressed it better.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 11:11:57 »

I meant 'Jed shafter' in the context of brown nosing man love, not someone waning him to fail.

My point was it is the same at both poles of the argument, and that neither is necessarily correct or incorrect. I think Arriba expressed it better.

Ahh my bad. Sorry Batch.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 11:13:22 »

I'd imagine there are people who feel posting their views on a subject is not worth the hassle of being branded a mong or a Jed shafter. I think that's a shame myself.

Yep.  There's a number of people over the last couple of pages particularly who haven't even bothered to comment on the appointment (myself included) although we've obviously all got a view.

People who use the ignore button have superiority complexes. Certain people on here think others are beneath them. That's how it looks anyway. Others far too touchy and sensitive.
Why it's a us vs them thing on here I don't know? Just post your opinion and back it up if it's challenged regardless of what anyone says or how the label you.
I respect people who have a view and stick to it over those who either follow the crowd, change their views by the day or think the popular opinion is the only one worth airing.

Well said.  Pretty much the point I made in another thread a few days ago, which iirc somebody jumped on.  
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 11:16:23 »

Ahh my bad. Sorry Batch.
no no kind sir, the mistake was in my ambiguous writings.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 11:19:53 »

I fucking do, now shut your chops!
It's behiiiinnnd you!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #282 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 11:20:03 »

If anyone is too scared to post in case someone else disagrees with them and calls them names, then they don't deserve an opinion in the first place. Grow up.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 11:20:31 »

no no kind sir, the mistake was in my ambiguous writings.

Let you off, try and do better next time. :-)
DMR

« Reply #284 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 11:21:31 »

The ignore button is a strange one. I don't use it, but presumably those who do, do so because they get really riled up by that poster.

I can't be the only one who would be 'unignoring' momments later because I want to see if that persons latest comments wound me up. Isn't that human nature, to hope someone says something that you can use to provoke a row?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: