Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Cooper set to be named permanent manager  (Read 68760 times)
kerry red

« Reply #210 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 17:06:11 »

I bet Cooper can't believe his luck - well and truly on the scrap heap with no Football League club daring to touch him, he then takes a gig at crisis club Telford before getting the assistant role here. Few months down the line, he is given a two year managerial role here.

Best thing to come out of today was the chairman again repeating the objective for the season - promotion.

I'll support the manager, but lets be honest, it's a very under whelming and dare I say it, crap, appointment isn't it?

How can you say it's a crap appointment?

Only time will tell us the answer to that.

At this moment in time the bloke has presided over 4 games - give him half a chance FFS

For a few on here he seems to be guilty of not being someone else - hardly fair
Flashheart

« Reply #211 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 17:22:18 »

I hope he has thick skin, the poor bastard.
DMR

« Reply #212 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 17:30:14 »

Meh.

Have to laugh at all the clowns (and there were plenty of you) who thought Tisdale would come here. We do have some mugs in our ranks.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 17:55:36 »

Actually,I'm whelmed.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 18:07:45 »

Always knew he would get the job
Cheap option and in situ - upside is players seem to be ok with him so fingers crossed he does the business

Cant say I share Jeds optimism of promotion, would love to be proved wrong but somehow cant see it happening
I guess a top half finish would be a decent season

We undoubtedly have some talented players - whether Cooper has the ability to hone those skills and improve the players is an unknown quantity.
Personally I dont think he has but prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and till xmas
See where were lie then
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 18:14:36 »

Many seem underwhelmed but no one has really put forward a name (other than Tisdale who was unlikely to ever come here).

There may have been candidates queuing up for the position but would any of them have actually gone down better than Cooper. We were always highly unlikely to get a manager currently employed. Would seem mad paying compo when we're still trying to cut the playing staff.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 18:36:56 »

Surprised at a two year contract, cannot see any logic in that. No new coaching staff to come in so does that mean Ward is likely to step up to be assistant following his new two year deal yesterday?

I'd have been a little more comforted by the appointment if we'd appointed an experienced cone collector like Mike Walsh.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 18:54:29 »

Surprised at a two year contract, cannot see any logic in that. No new coaching staff to come in so does that mean Ward is likely to step up to be assistant following his new two year deal yesterday?

I'd have been a little more comforted by the appointment if we'd appointed an experienced cone collector like Mike Walsh.

I assume the Walsh bit is in jest....Walsh had been brought to these parts as cone carrier for McMahon, went when he did then hung about mostly on the piss for a few years, until Kingy needed a cheapo replacement for Malcolm Crosby, and so collected cones for some beer money. Fair play to Walsh mind I think he realised that football was no longer for him and moved into the catering trade.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 18:59:29 »

I assume the Walsh bit is in jest....Walsh had been brought to these parts as cone carrier for McMahon, went when he did then hung about mostly on the piss for a few years, until Kingy needed a cheapo replacement for Malcolm Crosby, and so collected cones for some beer money. Fair play to Walsh mind I think he realised that football was no longer for him and moved into the catering trade.
How quickly you forget the sterling effort and important contribution our dearest cone collector made to STFC.

I always considered you the oracle as far as STFC history was concerned. I feel betrayed.
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 19:02:37 »

Just for the record - I will be supporting Cooper and this photo is not a reflection of my thoughts on him!

* BSHxywDCQAAXXMOa.jpg (69.47 KB, 600x450 - viewed 178 times.)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 19:08:40 by jonah » Logged

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 19:04:30 »

Fuck you Reg, I cone gather for my sons U10 team sometimes. I model myself on Walsh, but with a bit of Batch magic thrown in. Yeah that's right, the cones go back onto the holder grouped in colours. How do ya like them onions.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 19:05:23 »

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 19:10:23 »

No new coaching staff?  I thought they appointed somebody a fortnight ago as well as a sports scientist - Brighton connections I believe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 19:13:07 »

No new coaching staff?  I thought they appointed somebody a fortnight ago as well as a sports scientist - Brighton connections I believe.
Given that Cooper was assistant and caretaker, I presumed they may have considered bringing in an assistant manager to, erm, assist.

I know about the coaching staff already at the club.
woolster

« Reply #224 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 19:13:59 »

Just for the record - I will be supporting Cooper and this photo is not a reflection of my thoughts on him!
Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: