Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Cooper set to be named permanent manager  (Read 68782 times)
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:58:42 »

Bet he gets us promoted now just to stick two fingers up at all the morbid cunts on here

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 13:03:25 »

I have no problem with that at all

From what I have seen and heard there have been some quality signings.

Young yes, but quality none the less

Much as it pains me to say it hasn't worked too badly at Reading has it...

Would people accept Hammond here as a DoF as he is 'Swindon'.
Flashheart

« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 13:04:48 »

I don't care if Jed's mum is signing the players, all that matters is whether or not it works. Only time will tell on that count.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 13:05:23 »

Spurs, Man City and Chelsea all have staff other than the manager who deal with signings.

But their managers get to pick the players they sign, big difference. Spurs didn't before Redknapp and it was a car crash. I'm yet to see one example of it working well.
FatSmurf

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 13:10:18 »

Bet he gets us promoted now just to stick two fingers up at all the morbid cunts on here

We can only hope!  Smug Fuck Off
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 13:11:14 »

I don't care if Jed's mum is signing the players, all that matters is whether or not it works. Only time will tell on that count.

spot on

we have a young squad and manager

The idealist in me would love for a season of consolidation and the whole group (including Mr Cooper) being given the time to mature together.

Too much to ask I know, stylish footbal in its infancy does not only bring results, but I would love my club to buck the trend and persevere with patience
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 13:14:52 »

But their managers get to pick the players they sign, big difference.

Prey tell me how you know this, as I have not seen one shred of evidence to support your claim
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 13:24:05 »

Spurs, Man City and Chelsea all have staff other than the manager who deal with signings.

.....and it was Manchester United who the league last season.

I'd said my bit before, the manager should sign the players he wants, play the players and formation he wants.

I'm not a fan of the DoF as I think having too many people with influence over team matters will lead to disagreements or someone just following.

For example, lets say we are shit and keep losing....is it really Coopers fault....maybe, none of us really know how much say he has....

Do I think Cooper is a great choice, nope. Poor track record.
I'm not sure we need a manager with a proven track record either, most are proven......proven to be shite.

I still believe in the hungry young ex pro route. If they want their management career to last they have to make it work for themselves and thus work for us.
Do I think the type of manager would jump at the chance to come here with the current set up probably not.

This will be the last league managers job Cooper will ever have.

I think deep down, like arriba it doesn't really matter who our manager is....
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 13:24:28 »

I've heard mention that there was a vote on thisisstfc and 80% wanted to keep him.  Didn't see it myself though.
There was another poll on the Adver after Saturday's defeat and 67% didn't want him to get the job full time.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 13:27:20 »

Almost every club has someone above having a say in transfer matters. There are very few that let the manager have total control.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 13:27:51 »

There was another poll on the Adver after Saturday's defeat and 67% didn't want him to get the job full time.

The fickleness of football fans.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 13:32:44 »

But their managers get to pick the players they sign, big difference.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10054944/Manchester-City-sporting-director-Txiki-Begiristain-the-driving-force-behind-impending-arrival-of-Manuel-Pellegrini.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/franco-baldini-the-driving-force-behind-tottenhams-slick-transfer-campaign-8774983.html

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/06/04/can-jose-mourinho-work-under-chelsea-technical-director-michael-emenalo/

But I'll take your word for it..

@DV - Don't agree with you but you're obviously entitled to your opinion. I can't recall it really being done in such a transparent fashion before at this level, and your concerns about the setup may prove totally correct.

I'm willing to give it at least a bit of time before praising it to the rafters or slating it as a failure though. One thing I do believe is that there didn't seem to be a whole host of available players over the summer that were available to the many clubs we now find ourselves competing with financially and in terms of promotion prospects.

Trying something no one else is doing is a gamble, certainly, but sometimes gambles pay off and if the fans are willing to be even a little patient it might - at least - not be a total disaster.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 13:38:10 »

I've pointed this out before but as the argument rages on it probably needs saying again. With a board member this involved in player signings we are preventing a Paolo Situation from ever arising, and making best use of our money long term in the transfer market.

As a club we can have a strategy that outlives managers (or coaches if you like), players and whole teams that are built season to season and probably helps to stop us from overhaulling our entire squad EVERY FUCKING year at a massive fucking expense.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 13:41:47 »

Why should the manager have total control? At this level they are only interested in short term success (PDC!) that is not sustainable, how does that help the club long term? There should be someone who over looks it all to make sure its in the interest of the club. I don't believe Power is picking players to sign i think he is just the one who does the deals, similar to Wray.

I've enjoyed the style of football Cooper has got us playing, but not sure its the right appointment. The delay just has too many questions behind it? Did others turn the club down? Maybe Cooper impressed them more than the others? Could they not agree terms with the person they wanted? I feel that had they really wanted Cooper he would have been appointed earlier, and i don't see what they have to gain by announcing it now after the first result of the season that can be considered poor. Why not do it after the Stevenage win?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 14:09:23 »

Lets all get behind the cunt then:

In a few months we can:

- Celebrate on this thread with 'i told you so' gloats.

- Eat Humble pie with 'I never wanted the useless cunt but i have to say.....'

I already have my gravy to go with the pie! I hope i get to pour it!

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: