Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Cooper set to be named permanent manager  (Read 68774 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:30:49 »

Fucking hell, we have alreadly had 'credible manager' this morning, now we have 'proper manager' what are these new terms that people banging on about. The majority of top european clubs use the DoF system, are you telling me that if Real Madrid came in for Tisdale he would say no as he is a 'proper manager'.

By proper manager I mean a football manager in the sense of how the English fans, players, etc. understand it.

Because it works in Europe does that mean it will work here? Spurs tried it, failed and ended up going back to the traditional system with Harry Redknapp (very much a proper manager in the traditional english sense)

Chelsea also tried it and have ended up crawling back to Jose with their tails between their legs.

Newcastle are currently trying it as we speak and I fully expect that to be a catastrophe as well.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:31:56 »

The problem is that fans will still blame everything on Cooper. I don't think he will get to Xmas,another desperado will get it and we'll bumble on with no change. Unless the manager is allowed a budget,his players,his tactics etc then it really doesn't matter. The system needs to change at the club before anything else.

This
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:36:10 »

By proper manager I mean a football manager in the sense of how the English fans, players, etc. understand it.

Because it works in Europe does that mean it will work here? Spurs tried it, failed and ended up going back to the traditional system with Harry Redknapp (very much a proper manager in the traditional english sense)

Chelsea also tried it and have ended up crawling back to Jose with their tails between their legs.

Newcastle are currently trying it as we speak and I fully expect that to be a catastrophe as well.

To build on this how do you know that Cooper is not the man, how do you know that Power is picking the team, picking the formation, choosing the players? MacDonald left for whatever reason, we have no idea what it was it may be interference from above, it could be that he didn't want to locate, family illness, he thought Jed was a fool... the simple fact is we do not know!

So much anti-board stuff on here is trotted out now as fact, we simply don't know. It is a bloody mess but can we please give him a sodding chance - if it is Cooper, I am crossing my fingers that its Hope Powell personally for a real meltdown, she is a football person, lots of experience!

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:38:48 »

When people leave clubs for family reasons they are usually made public,not the silence on Kmacs departure from both parties here.
The person departing wouldn't just walk out like that is it was family reasons.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:39:52 »

People really do need to change their mindset regarding the team and management. It's changed.
Not a fan of someone above the manager making decisions as I think its a recipie for disaster but that's where the club is.
The problem is that fans will still blame everything on Cooper. I don't think he will get to Xmas,another desperado will get it and we'll bumble on with no change. Unless the manager is allowed a budget,his players,his tactics etc then it really doesn't matter. The system needs to change at the club before anything else.

The poor bloke does not stand a chance

being fucking vilified by people who 2 weeks ago were lauding the style of play.

If he has the full support of the dressing room and the players give everything for him then that is the best I can ask for.

I had no expectations for this season and that continues
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:41:01 »

When people leave clubs for family reasons they are usually made public,not the silence on Kmacs departure from both parties here.

Would imagine he's been gagged by a compromise agreement.

Actually on that front PDC offered little up in the public domain too.
============
On Cooper I'm underwhelmed but not surprised. No point going into it lamblasting him for every loss though. It is going to be tough for any manager to get such a young team to perform consistently.

I do think its fair to judge him come the January transfer window though. In terms of expectation, if we are not in a relegation dogfight then I think there can be no complaints. Anything else is a bonus.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:44:39 by Batch » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:41:29 »

being fucking vilified by people who 2 weeks ago were lauding the style of play.

If he has the full support of the dressing room and the players give everything for him then that is the best I can ask for.

Think you are right but in the minority.
Flashheart

« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:43:35 »

I've heard mention that there was a vote on thisisstfc and 80% wanted to keep him.  Didn't see it myself though.

There was. I did see it.
china red

« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:44:22 »

Agree with this completely.

It could all go horribly wrong but we've had better and more experienced managers who have completely fucked it up and others that have been pretty shit at other clubs but done well here.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:46:08 »

Think you are right but in the minority.

Make that a minority of two Fred. I agree with everything you just posted.

Make that three.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:47:56 »

To build on this how do you know that Cooper is not the man, how do you know that Power is picking the team, picking the formation, choosing the players? MacDonald left for whatever reason, we have no idea what it was it may be interference from above, it could be that he didn't want to locate, family illness, he thought Jed was a fool... the simple fact is we do not know!

So much anti-board stuff on here is trotted out now as fact, we simply don't know. It is a bloody mess but can we please give him a sodding chance - if it is Cooper, I am crossing my fingers that its Hope Powell personally for a real meltdown, she is a football person, lots of experience!

I never said he'd be picking the team, that may fall under the head coach role...but Stevie Wonder could see he's the guy signing the players. How much more blatant does it have to be?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:50:51 »

I never said he'd be picking the team, that may fall under the head coach role...but Stevie Wonder could see he's the guy signing the players. How much more blatant does it have to be?

I have no problem with that at all

From what I have seen and heard there have been some quality signings.

Young yes, but quality none the less
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:51:04 »

I'm fine with Cooper, done no worse than MacDonald.

People really haven't got over the fact we haven't replaced super Paolo with another name. It hasn't been helped by Jed's false promises etc. but our fans are like spoilt children.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:55:39 »

Spurs, Man City and Chelsea all have staff other than the manager who deal with signings.

I have no problem with that at all

From what I have seen and heard there have been some quality signings.

Young yes, but quality none the less

Couldn't agree more - just because it's different doesn't mean it's bad.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:58:32 »

Long live king cooper Bandwagon
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: