Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Cooper set to be named permanent manager  (Read 68782 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 11:35:46 »

Even worse.

As i'm so pathetic you have a go now then. Who should we have appointed? Tisdale isn't an option as he'd cost compensation and probably wouldn't want to come anyway.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 11:36:49 »

Didnt Jed say he would only appoint Cooper if he had the backing of the fans? Id say its 50/50 right now so again Jed says one thing then does another.

My concern with Cooper is that if he doesnt do too well we may be looking for a manager again by Christmas. So with all the talk of stability we'd have anything but. For that reason i hope he does well and gets results. The club needs a stable base to build on.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 11:43:36 »

I'm right behind him, until we lose to Gillingham.  Smiley

Cats are better than dogs FACT
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 11:44:57 »

My concern with Cooper is that if he doesnt do too well we may be looking for a manager again by Christmas. So with all the talk of stability we'd have anything but

That's true of anyone who gets the job though no?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 11:45:57 »

Pathetic.

Good Lord

we get it, right

you are not impressed

random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 11:46:23 »

As i'm so pathetic you have a go now then. Who should we have appointed? Tisdale isn't an option as he'd cost compensation and probably wouldn't want to come anyway.

I've already explained. There were a significant number of applicants. There were ten on the shortlist alone. If compensation etc was an issue presumably Jed wouldn't have even bothered interviewing or shortlisting. He would have known it wasn't possible to appoint from that list. Yet they met with Tisdale twice. And there were applicants not currently attached to clubs.

We can go round in circles forever but if you have one footballing brain cell in your head you can see that Cooper's track record is dismal and he should be no where near in the frame for a League 1 club.

If you are happy then fair play to you mate, let's face it he's getting the job no matter what I say, so I'll leave it there.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 11:47:30 »

Didnt Jed say he would only appoint Cooper if he had the backing of the fans? Id say its 50/50 right now so again Jed says one thing then does another.

To be far Wray suggested he was running the club well, owners/chairman bullshitting the fans is nothing new.

My concern with Cooper is that if he doesnt do too well we may be looking for a manager again by Christmas. So with all the talk of stability we'd have anything but. For that reason i hope he does well and gets results. The club needs a stable base to build on.

But won't we be doing the same if a new 'name' comes in and we has a piss poor run till Christmas?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 11:48:35 »

There were a significant number of applicants. There were ten on the shortlist alone. If compensation etc was an issue presumably Jed wouldn't have even bothered interviewing or shortlisting. He would have known it wasn't possible to appoint from that list. Yet they met with Tisdale twice. And there were applicants not currently attached to clubs.

All of which reported by the Adver along with other fantasies such as "Town chase Clayton Donaldson".

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the shortlist was drawn up on the back of a fag packet
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 11:49:14 »

That's true of anyone who gets the job though no?

Yes and no. The trouble is Cooper doesnt have the full support of the fanbase like some other managers would. For example if it was Tisdale and we were 17th at xmas i think people would be a lot less on his back than say someone like Cooper. Ive seen it before if people dont like an appointment only good results can keep the manager going in the longer run.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 11:49:42 »

And is a proper manager who wouldn't be up for this DOF bull shit.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 11:51:52 »

This is where Darren Ward comes in....think he'll step into the job, which is partly why he's signed the new contract. This is an idea I'm not adverse to, succession planning etc....if Ward has been indentified as a talented individual then all good.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:00:52 »

And is a proper manager who wouldn't be up for this DOF bull shit.

Fucking hell, we have alreadly had 'credible manager' this morning, now we have 'proper manager' what are these new terms that people banging on about. The majority of top european clubs use the DoF system, are you telling me that if Real Madrid came in for Tisdale he would say no as he is a 'proper manager'.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:02:24 »

I've already explained. There were a significant number of applicants. There were ten on the shortlist alone. If compensation etc was an issue presumably Jed wouldn't have even bothered interviewing or shortlisting. He would have known it wasn't possible to appoint from that list. Yet they met with Tisdale twice. And there were applicants not currently attached to clubs.

We can go round in circles forever but if you have one footballing brain cell in your head you can see that Cooper's track record is dismal and he should be no where near in the frame for a League 1 club.

If you are happy then fair play to you mate, let's face it he's getting the job no matter what I say, so I'll leave it there.

Ahhh. Still no name then!

You keep referring to this "shortlist" but how do you know there was anyone on it who was a realistic propostion and/or likely to come here? Based on your OTT reaction to this appointment I'd suggest you wouldn't have been happy with any of the names on the list. I also bet they would either be unproven or I'd be able to dredge up a couple of negative quotes about them that's for sure.

Cooper's track record at a league club is poor at the moment that's for sure. This is based on 17 matches though. His non-league track record is more than reasonable, this together with the football being much better than I expected this season so far means I'm at least happy to give the man a chance.

Sorry if I come across as not having a footballing brain cell. Maybe with your superior knowledge you should contact the club and offer your services on a consultancy basis.

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:23:28 »

People really do need to change their mindset regarding the team and management. It's changed.
Not a fan of someone above the manager making decisions as I think its a recipie for disaster but that's where the club is.
The problem is that fans will still blame everything on Cooper. I don't think he will get to Xmas,another desperado will get it and we'll bumble on with no change. Unless the manager is allowed a budget,his players,his tactics etc then it really doesn't matter. The system needs to change at the club before anything else.
china red

« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:27:22 »

I've heard mention that there was a vote on thisisstfc and 80% wanted to keep him.  Didn't see it myself though.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: