Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BNP Members List Leaked.  (Read 62909 times)
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 23:58:51 »

Well that was a damp squib wasn't it ? Or did you really expect something else ? Four on the panel. Jack Straw, his usual dim self. A young female Tory Asian politician intent on furthering her own career. Huhne, who inadvertently supported Griffin by mentioning illegal immigration. And then.....nothing. It was a 0-0 draw. Grow up eh lads !
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 07:13:35 »

Well that was a damp squib wasn't it ? Or did you really expect something else ? Four on the panel. Jack Straw, his usual dim self. A young female Tory Asian politician intent on furthering her own career. Huhne, who inadvertently supported Griffin by mentioning illegal immigration. And then.....nothing. It was a 0-0 draw. Grow up eh lads !

It's a funny ol game...strange how others view it differently...other football cliches etc

I saw it as quick embarrassing for the BNP.

On the point of mentioning illegal immigration- i don't think there's any party that supports illegal immegration. the terminology used suggests it's not lawful and erm probably wouldn't form part of their constitution.

I thought Bonnie made some good cultural points that highlighted how backwards the bnp are.

i'd quick like this to be a weekly show, perhaps with stonings

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 07:23:48 »

Its a shame there wasn't more questioning of BNP policy rather than attacking a few quotes that have been attributed to Griffin. I don't think he came across too well, but I doubt anybody has changed their minds about their stance on the BNP.

I think some of the things he says on the face of it seem almost reasonable, which is what he is trying to achieve I suppose.

For example, he said he'd find seeing two men kissing in the street "creepy". And I will sound homophobic but it makes me slightly uncomfortable too. The difference I hope is that I don't think it is wrong and should be hidden, because it is my problem and I really don't have an issue with homosexuality other than this kind of irrational uncomfortableness. But what is the BNPs policy on this. I'm still not sure. Would they ban it from the streets? This is what Griffin implied.

That's just an example, what I am saying is I hoped I would get an insight into what the BNP say publically v what they actually mean in policy. And yes it probably is easy for me to find out myself, but I'm sure there are millions that watched that aren't fully aware of BNP policy.

Youtube is quite useful too:

« Last Edit: Friday, October 23, 2009, 07:39:06 by Batch » Logged
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #468 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 07:43:43 »

That's what he does batch. He takes policies designed solely towards hatred and manipulates them to make them sound reasonable, with people nodding their heads going "Well yeah, he's got a point actually'

One of the tabloids recently published about 10 of their policies. I was at the pub with a bunch of people reading them and doing the same "Well he's got a point".... Thankfully I was able to tear apart about 8 of those policies, and the other 2 where probably just fillers to make them look good for a vote.

I think he looked very nervous and up-prepared. His defence of his holocaust denial was fucking pathetic.
Barry Scott

« Reply #469 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 07:59:48 »

I think we should do a France, but on a proper election, to show our distaste at our useless excuse for government and vote him in. To be honest i didn't watch it and won't bother. I don't vote, don't plan to and frankly don't care. Smiley
Melksham Red

« Reply #470 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 08:04:18 »

I couldn't give a shit about the views of Griffin and the BNP. However, what stood out like a sore thumb was that the other parties just couldn't give a flying one regarding mass immigration and over-population. I think the show said more about the major parties than it did about the BNP and the only person to come out with any real credibility was Greer.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 08:09:04 »

It's a funny ol game...strange how others view it differently...other football cliches etc

I saw it as quick embarrassing for the BNP.

On the point of mentioning illegal immigration- i don't think there's any party that supports illegal immegration. the terminology used suggests it's not lawful and erm probably wouldn't form part of their constitution.

I thought Bonnie made some good cultural points that highlighted how backwards the bnp are.

i'd quick like this to be a weekly show, perhaps with stonings

Stop typing quick instead of quite! Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 09:00:47 »

It was a strange programme....much more focussed on Griffin that I was expecting.  I'm almost wondering whether one of more of the other panellists laid down a few pre-conditions to appearing ('I'm only sitting down next to him if....')

There were no major gaffes there, so a small win for Griffin there.  But I don't accept that the programme brought him in to the mainstream.  There was not a single moment of the programme during which he was treated as a normal politician.  He was isolated, utterly.  Left in no doubt by all the other panellists that his views are regarded as abhorrent by the majority.  Still in the margins, Nick.  And long may you stay there.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 09:24:29 »

i'm with Melksham Red on this one.

I was disappointed that Griffin wasn't asked more about BNP's policies as opposed to being questioned about beliefs/quotes he's had in the past. We all know what he stands for, so why go over old ground?

I thought the programme merely highlighted what a terrible state British politics is in as a whole. The only reason so many of us watched was to see Griffin expose himself. The fact that I won't tune in next week highlights how disaffected I am with British politics as a whole. The BNP are abhorrent, but when Griffin accused the other parties of failing to handle immigration, none of them had an answer. If the others had spent as much time trying to offer solutions instead of attacking Griffin, I might have learned something.

They're all clueless.
Melksham Red

« Reply #474 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 09:40:57 »

i'm with Melksham Red on this one.

I was disappointed that Griffin wasn't asked more about BNP's policies as opposed to being questioned about beliefs/quotes he's had in the past. We all know what he stands for, so why go over old ground?

I thought the programme merely highlighted what a terrible state British politics is in as a whole. The only reason so many of us watched was to see Griffin expose himself. The fact that I won't tune in next week highlights how disaffected I am with British politics as a whole. The BNP are abhorrent, but when Griffin accused the other parties of failing to handle immigration, none of them had an answer. If the others had spent as much time trying to offer solutions instead of attacking Griffin, I might have learned something.

They're all clueless.

You said it. The show was designed to expose Griffin, which it did. But at the same time it exposed the majors as the incompetent oafs that they are, more interested in attacking a nazi twat then debating the real issues and offering real alternatives. And, until they do, unfortunatly the BNP will continue to gain ground on them.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 09:53:19 »

It was a 0-0 draw. Grow up eh lads !
Ha, ha, ha.
* (I shared a platform with) "the almost non-violent bit of the Ku Klux Klan"
* "I can't explain my views on the Holocaust"
* "The BNP represents the people who've been here for 17,000 years" - the BNP: the party of the Neanderthals
* The exposure that he's happily shared a platform with (inter alia) Gaddafi and Abu Hamza
* Getting the Mark Collett (BNP publicity officer of Radio 1 Newsbeat and co-defendant in Griffin's racial hatred trial fame) "Churchill was a drunken cunt who betrayed the white race" (by fighting the Nazis) quote out

etc etc. A hatful of own goals, a masterclass in self foot-shooting that even Bob Holt would admire. He sat there squirming like a fat Billy Bunter who been caught out having not done his homework.

If that's a 0-0, I trust you enjoyed our opening day draw at Gillingham.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 10:00:21 »

I think there was recognition, at last, by the Tories that the laissez faire approach to population planning had to be consigned to history.  All the mainstream parties have failed here, I agree.  I think it was Tony Blair, 3 or 4 years ago, who stated that his party did not have a population policy - which astounded me at the time.  How can you plan any provision - for hospitals, schools, houses, roads, pensions - without having at least some input in to the process of deciding an optimum level of population?

In the medium term, I remain confident that the BNP's appeal will wane.  The far right always garner support during a recession and, as the economy starts to grow again (sadly, not just yet!) I am sure some of those who have flirted with them will move away again.  But more importantly, the mainstream parties have now had their wake up call.  They cannot continue to ignore the elephant in the room: population control, and let a group of far right extremists fill the vacuum left by the absence of debate.  When the three main parties do start discussing the issue openly, start discussing how the country will adapt and adjust to a probable population of 70 million at some point in the 2030s - then Griffin's bile and racist rhetoric will become increasingly irrelevant.
« Last Edit: Friday, October 23, 2009, 10:02:00 by Ardiles » Logged
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 10:02:39 »

My views are generally right of centre & I thought that Griffin really showed himself up. He was obviously trying to sell the line that the BNP were a bunch of Nazi thugs but he's changed them into well meaning decent people. Well he failed in that one. The only thing was (as others have implied" is that the others were so keen to be seen as anti BNP it almost came over that he was being bullied.
Again as has already been mentioned I thought Jack Straw came over exactly as he did when he was president of the students Union when I was a student. (A twat). It would have helped if he'd had a proper answer to the immigration issue

From the Dark Side
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 11:21:06 »

I fully agree with Melksham, Juddie and co. that it showed a lot about the state of British politics, that instead of debating the real issues at the moment (recession, Royal Mail postal strike, EU superstate, etc.) it was all about trying to make Griffin look and sound like a buffoon, which he did within 5 minutes anyway. I had to turn off after half and hour as they kept on going over the same old ground i.e. the BNP are a racist organisation.

Jack Straw also came over like a fool (no change there then) and it is the current government which is actually helping the BNP through their virtually unlimited immigration policy, which are causing a lot of people to vote BNP.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 11:34:26 »

I fully agree with Melksham, Juddie and co. that it showed a lot about the state of British politics, that instead of debating the real issues at the moment (recession, Royal Mail postal strike, EU superstate, etc.) it was all about trying to make Griffin look and sound like a buffoon, which he did within 5 minutes anyway. I had to turn off after half and hour as they kept on going over the same old ground i.e. the BNP are a racist organisation.

Jack Straw also came over like a fool (no change there then) and it is the current government which is actually helping the BNP through their virtually unlimited immigration policy, which are causing a lot of people to vote BNP.

FWIW very few people vote BNP...also the main political parties know that immigration is good, but relatively hard to sell. Hence they keep quiet about it.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: