Pages: 1 ... 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1087304 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3195 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 07:25:51 »

Where did you see them jj
It was an alternative music weekender at Butlins mate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3196 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 22:11:49 »

Saw Bryan Adams at the Motorpoint in Nottingham a couple of weeks ago... he was seriously good!

Haha I got dragged along to a Bryan Adams gig yonks ago and enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than I thought I would. Fair play to the guy.

I really need to have seen the Fall live I think, i still can't decide if I love or hate them (I know that makes no sense).

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3197 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 22:40:22 »

Haha I got dragged along to a Bryan Adams gig yonks ago and enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than I thought I would. Fair play to the guy.

I really need to have seen the Fall live I think, i still can't decide if I love or hate them (I know that makes no sense).

The Fall can be described as uneasy listening, not everyone's cup of tea, but they do make a very decent racket live.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3198 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 06:40:43 »

I love a lot of music, but I've always been a Bryan Adams fan.. just think he's brilliant. Seriously good live too.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3199 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 09:18:04 »

The Fall can be described as uneasy listening, not everyone's cup of tea, but they do make a very decent racket live.

For me, having a front man that can't sing is the worst thing I can think of about a band. I went to see Ian Brown in Luxembourg and it was far and away the worst gig I've ever been to.

The loudest was Mogwai in Luxembourg and they don't have any singers, that was awesome.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3200 on: Friday, May 20, 2016, 07:49:00 »

The Damned at the Albert Hall tonight.

40 years on, still a great live band.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3201 on: Friday, May 20, 2016, 10:59:14 »

The Damned at the Albert Hall tonight.

40 years on, still a great live band.

Seen them twice and agree Smiley
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3202 on: Friday, May 20, 2016, 23:34:08 »

Billy Talent UK Tour in October... could be tempted by that.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3203 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 08:42:22 »

Public Image in Oxford tonight.

John Lydon is no Mario Lanza in terms of vocals, but he's a top bloke and PIL are still original in their sound.

Crap!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #3204 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 10:42:17 »

Stone Roses in Manchester a week on Sunday (19th June). I may have a couple of tickets going begging of anyone is keen?!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3205 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 12:39:26 »

For me, having a front man that can't sing is the worst thing I can think of about a band. I went to see Ian Brown in Luxembourg and it was far and away the worst gig I've ever been to.

The loudest was Mogwai in Luxembourg and they don't have any singers, that was awesome.

To be honest bob dylan,tom waits,shane macgowan neil young etc would never win x factor.doesnt make them less than brilliant.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3206 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 13:36:08 »

To be honest bob dylan,tom waits,shane macgowan neil young etc would never win x factor.doesnt make them less than brilliant.
Nick Cave is another who could be classed in the "can't sing" category, but nevertheless a brilliant song writer backed up by a fantastic band.

Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3207 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 13:55:12 »

Add to that Ian Dury, Suggs and Terry Hall to name but 3.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #3208 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 15:39:23 »

Add to that Ian Dury, Suggs and Terry Hall to name but 3.

...and billy bragg.the list goes on....

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3209 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 15:48:25 »

...and billy bragg.the list goes on....
Indeed, good music is much much more than just being able to sing or play an instrument.

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: